Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
That's right. Movie preference is just as subjective as audio gear preference and/or music. But, I honestly did not care for this one. I wanted so much to like it. Am sure kids will find it entertaining, but for me not so much.;)

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah being a bit older I'm more critical of movies than I used to be.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah being a bit older I'm more critical of movies than I used to be.
Yeah, I find the same thing. Could not agree more. But, it is not just movies........LOL!!!!!:D

Cheers,

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it over the weekend and it was "meh" Not good, not bad... Once you seen one Jurassic Park, you seen them all.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Watched it at a friends last night. It was probably the weakest film of the franchise.
Unfortunately instead of wrapping a decent movie series up with a great movie, it looks like their going to milk this dinosaur even further. smh

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone seen it in DTSX yet? Any fun sound addition over the standard DTS?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Watched it at a friends last night. It was probably the weakest film of the franchise.
Unfortunately instead of wrapping a decent movie series up with a great movie, it looks like their going to milk this dinosaur even further. smh
Yeah I finally watched it and it was just ok maybe on par with JP3.
Dave

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Mr. Phil @speakerman39 , the movie had thrilling scenes, but was really slow, if ya know what I mean. It was not action packed until the very end. It was NOTHING in comparison to the original Jurassic Park! Now THAT was epic! Loved that one! This one ranks along with 3, too many cliches, slow, and crappy characters. The first Jurassic World was great, and Owen Grady, who's Chris Pratt in real life, was actually a great character. Claire is just snobby and careless, just wants the money.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Mr. Phil @speakerman39 , the movie had thrilling scenes, but was really slow, if ya know what I mean. It was not action packed until the very end. It was NOTHING in comparison to the original Jurassic Park! Now THAT was epic! Loved that one! This one ranks along with 3, too many cliches, slow, and crappy characters. The first Jurassic World was great, and Owen Grady, who's Chris Pratt in real life, was actually a great character. Claire is just snobby and careless, just wants the money.
Ryan, very good assessment there. The story-line just seemed to go nowhere. Fell asleep from what I remember. Certainly have no need to see it again. But, I do like Chris Platt! :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ryan, very good assessment there. The story-line just seems to go nowhere. Fell asleep from what I remember. Certainly have no need to see it again. But, I do like Chris Platt! :)

Cheers,

Phil
I honestly yawned about 6 times during the movie, and possibly fell asleep, too. It seemed like it took forever to get anywhere.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’ve started going to movies again. Last weekend I saw the new Halloween movie. I really enjoyed that one! I’m going to try and see a movie at the theater every weekend for a while. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve started going to movies again. Last weekend I saw the new Halloween movie. I really enjoyed that one! I’m going to try and see a movie at the theater every weekend for a while. :)
Yeah, I can relate as I like going as well. Especially, when it is only about 3/4 of a mile from my front door. On Tuesdays, ALL showings are only $5! The early matinees are only $6. Still yet, there is a theater about 9-miles away that has $2 movies that have been out a while. It is almost a win win for me. I also eat well before going so that I save even more money. I am truly an el cheapo if there ever was one.....LOL!!!! :p

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I can relate as I like going as well. Especially, when it is only about 3/4 of a mile from my front door. On Tuesdays, ALL showings are only $5! The early matinees are only $6. Still yet, there is a theater about 9-miles away that has $2 movies that have been out a while. It is almost a win win for me. I also eat well before going so that I save even more money. I am truly an el cheapo if there ever was one.....LOL!!!! :p

Cheers,

Phil
Ya we have been doing a lot of home maintenance and repairs so paying down some stuff. I think matinee shows are our entertainment budget for a while. That and red box. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ya we have been doing a lot of home maintenance and repairs so paying down some stuff. I think matinee shows are our entertainment budget for a while. That and red box. :)
Have not done Red Box yet, but looking into it. Nothing like having another option. Matinees are my norm. Very seldom do I go at other times. :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Have not done Red Box yet, but looking into it. Nothing like having another option. Matinees are my norm. Very seldom do I go at other times. :cool:

Cheers,

Phil
Ya main thing for me is to select something that I’m not already allowed to view in HBO or Netflix or Amazon Prime. When there is a popular Red Box title, I usually can get the UHD title when the normal Blu-ray titles are sold out. It costs like a dollar more though. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ya main thing for me is to select something that I’m not already allowed to view in HBO or Netflix or Amazon Prime. When there is a popular Red Box title, I usually can get the UHD title when the normal Blu-ray titles are sold out. It costs like a dollar more though. :)
@snakeeyes thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind. It is most appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
@snakeeyes thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind. It is most appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Ay Mr. Phil! @speakerman39 ! Ya'll talking about getting cheap movie tickets, eh? My local theater in my tiny little town only costs $5 to get in! Haha! I'm not Mr. Krabs at all in terms of loving money, and saving every penny you got, and not spending a single dime on anything. I'm the kind of person who saves up his money, makes sure he has enough left over in the savings account before purchasing, then purchasing or waiting accordingly.
Ryan

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis