Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Heh, I looked at my wife when the credits rolled and said "you know... there was a good movie in there somewhere. I saw glimpses of it every once in a while. But it was too far buried under all the stupid cliches!"

They used just about every tired Hollywood action film trope in the book. The entire movie was phoned in. But that wasn't the worst part. No, what blew the most chunks is how hard they tried to rehash several iconic scenes from the original Jurassic Park, and blundered all of it.

Best I could give it is 3/10. 2 points for the (still awesome) dinosaur CGI, and one point for Bryce Dallas Howard in jeans.
Thanks! Interesting perspective. Glad that you did not fall asleep.....LOL!!!:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I also thought I would go out to a movie theater and see Jurassic World – Fallen Kingdom. I was up for some dino action, until I saw the review in the local newspaper. The reviewer said she was "infuriated" by it, a rare comment. I passed on it.

The AH reviews aren't much better. The conversation between Phil and William Lammerhirt quickly drifted off to other subjects, not a good sign. Then other reviewers also spoke up:
Hope you all were more impressed than me, b/c I actually fell asleep. :eek::eek::eek:
The Incredibles was great!
… my expectations are very low
… I looked at my wife when the credits rolled and said "you know… there was a good movie in there somewhere".
They used just about every tired Hollywood action film trope in the book.
The entire movie was phoned in.
… what blew the most chunks is how hard they tried to rehash several iconic scenes from the original Jurassic Park, and blundered all of it.
Best I could give it is 3/10.
Thanks guys :D. This is probably more entertaining than watching that Fallen Franchise of a movie :rolleyes:. Where's Godzilla when you really need him?

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I would gladly pay to see this sequel. Hollywood, why aren't you paying attention?

Godzilla would stomp that T Rex, and then eat all those little velociraptors for breakfast.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not that I'd expected the JP sequels to be particularly good either, let alone this sequel of the sequel (JP vs JW)....but will rent the bluray one of these days, probably sooner than later by the gist of these reviews/comments. Like Solo did the studio have to curtail other spinoffs? How are the toys going to do?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This is probably more entertaining than watching that Fallen Franchise of a movie :rolleyes:. Where's Godzilla when you really need him?
Yeah, about as much as Godzilla swimming around in a bathtub. Seriously, that is how bad Fallen Kingdom is. It has certainly fallen alright! I even went premium and spent an extra $1.75 on my ticket all for nothing! Ugh!:)

Cheers,

Phil

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Thanks to you guys, I'll save my money and stream it at a later date.
Very few movies are worth seeing any more.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks to you guys, I'll save my money and stream it at a later date.
Very few movies are worth seeing any more.
Yeah, it has been slim pickings at the movies for a good while now. Perhaps, the new Purge will be good. Guess, I will know soon enough b/c I plan to go see it on the 4th of July. Also hope to keep it at $6 and not more. I splurged on Fallen Kingdom and still regretting it. Hope to save that $1.75 on my Purge ticket! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it has been slim pickings at the movies for a good while now. Perhaps, the new Purge will be good. Guess, I will know soon enough b/c I plan to go see it on the 4th of July. Also hope to keep it at $6 and not more. I splurged on Fallen Kingdom and still regretting it. Hope to save that $1.75 on my Purge ticket! ;)

Cheers,

Phil
Were any of the previous Purge movies good? I tried one of them (don't remember which) for a few minutes once....it wasn't good. Then I'm not much into horror flicks either...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Were any of the previous Purge movies good? I tried one of them (don't remember which) for a few minutes once....it wasn't good. Then I'm not much into horror flicks either...
The original Purge was pretty good. The 2nd Purge much better inmho. The 3rd was also okay. Honestly, the new one does not look very good to me. But, I have seen all of the others so why not? Who knows it may actually be decent. Guess I will know soon enough.:)

Cheers,

Phil

BTW, Antman and the Wasp looks very good. So does Evangeline Lilly who was in the show LOST. That is still my favorite show of all time. She is such a hottie!

Cheers,

Phil

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic

Cheers,

Phil
I don't think Ive seen any of the purge movies. am I missing out?
I find that alot of tv shows are better than movies anymore.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think Ive seen any of the purge movies. am I missing out?
I find that alot of tv shows are better than movies anymore.
The original Purge was decent. The 2nd was MUCH better. The 3rd was just so so. The 4th-well I don't know yet. But, it really does not look too good inmho. But, I could be wrong. Will know soon enough. However, Antman and the Wasp looks really good. Might just go see both and make a day of it. All depends on how I feel. Have a good day!:)

Cheers,

Phil

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Phil that sounds like a good plan. Gotta let us know the verdict on how good the movies are.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil that sounds like a good plan. Gotta let us know the verdict on how good the movies are.
I will be glad to share my thoughts. Hopefully, the new Purge will be good so that I do not fall asleep like I did watching Fallen Kingdom. Antman looks rather entertaining so I doubt there will be any such issues with that one. At least, that is my hope.:)

Cheers,

Phil

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
I will be glad to share my thoughts. Hopefully, the new Purge will be good so that I do not fall asleep like I did watching Fallen Kingdom. Antman looks rather entertaining so I doubt there will be any such issues with that one. At least, that is my hope.:)

Cheers,

Phil
The funny thing is, I've heard "lastnight" from a few close friends that fallen kingdom was really good or atleast better than the last. Different strokes right? I'll have to check the trailer on antman

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The funny thing is, I've heard "lastnight" from a few close friends that fallen kingdom was really good or atleast better than the last. Different strokes right? I'll have to check the trailer on antman
That's right. Movie preference is just as subjective as audio gear preference and/or music. But, I honestly did not care for this one. I wanted so much to like it. Am sure kids will find it entertaining, but for me not so much.;)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
That's right. Movie preference is just as subjective as audio gear preference and/or music. But, I honestly did not care for this one. I wanted so much to like it. Am sure kids will find it entertaining, but for me not so much.;)

Cheers,

Phil
Phil!!, I see your still kicking it around, Soo you fell asleep at the movies uhh? It’s been years since I have been to the movies do like the big screen, just hasn’t been much out lately to make me want to go. Blade Runner 2049 should have gotten me into a Theater, but didn’t movie gotta bad rap from the so called Movie experts. To me was one of the best movie sequels ever. Summer down here Is Hot
as hell stay cool Phil! Really good to see your still rolling man.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil!!, I see your still kicking it around, Soo you fell asleep at the movies uhh? It’s been years since I have been to the movies do like the big screen, just hasn’t been much out lately to make me want to go. Blade Runner 2049 should have gotten me into a Theater, but didn’t movie gotta bad rap from the so called Movie experts. To me was one of the best movie sequels ever. Summer down here Is Hot
as hell stay cool Phil! Really good to see your still rolling man.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Still rolling and kicking. Right now been jamming out some. Good way for me to release some of my stress. Nothing like air guitaring to some good tunes......LOL!!! Hope all is well your way! :)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Thanks Mike. Still rolling and kicking. Right now been jamming out some. Good way for me to release some of my stress. Nothing like air guitaring to some good tunes......LOL!!! Hope all is well your way! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Doing good Phil, hooked up my XPA-5 again it is a very neutral amp very dynamic for sure. I was moving it back into my audio rack and drop it on my right arm hurt like hell!! Took some skin off and bruised up my arm pretty good. Lol. I realize I’m getting a little too old to be moving 80 pound amps. Phil, turning 60 years old this Sunday! Blessed I am for even making it to 60. Anyways it’s great to see You and the other old timers still around in here, I read a lot of you guys post and threads some funny as hell sh$t sometimes Phil!!.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Doing good Phil, hooked up my XPA-5 again it is a very neutral amp very dynamic for sure. I was moving it back into my audio rack and drop it on my right arm hurt like hell!! Took some skin off and bruised up my arm pretty good. Lol. I realize I’m getting a little too old to be moving 80 pound amps. Phil, turning 60 years old this Sunday! Blessed I am for even making it to 60. Anyways it’s great to see You and the other old timers still around in here, I read a lot of you guys post and threads some funny as hell sh$t sometimes Phil!!.

Mike
Mike, happy early birthday. You are the same age as my older brother. I will be 51 come the 21st. Feeling every bit of it too......LOL!!!! It seems like ever since I turned 50 everything has literally gone south. Lugging around an 80-lb. amp is no easy task. Be sure to be careful. It is very hot here as well. Heat advisory all weekend long. Having COPD means I won't be getting out much. Just thankful my air is working.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Mike, happy early birthday. You are the same age as my older brother. I will be 51 come the 21st. Feeling every bit of it too......LOL!!!! It seems like ever since I turned 50 everything has literally gone south. Lugging around an 80-lb. amp is no easy task. Be sure to be careful. It is very hot here as well. Heat advisory all weekend long. Having COPD means I won't be getting out much. Just thankful my air is working.:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil!!. Much respect man!!.

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis