Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, after enjoying the original Jurassic World I do plan to go see the second iteration next weekend. Like always, it will be a matinee. No need to spend more than is necessary. Have not been to my local theater in a good while now. As such, it will be good to go for a change. If any of you plan to see it, then please let us know. Here is the extended trailer:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil! I am really excited to see this. I think the franchise is a lot of fun. Chris Pratt is also from Mn so I think that’s cool too.

Also, SUPER pumped for incredible2!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil! I am really excited to see this. I think the franchise is a lot of fun. Chris Pratt is also from Mn so I think that’s cool too.

Also, SUPER pumped for incredible2!!!!
William glad to know you plan to see this. Hopefully it will be as good as the others. I am also a Chris Pratt fan. Be sure to let us all know what you think of it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
William glad to know you plan to see this. Hopefully it will be as good as the others. I am also a Chris Pratt fan. Be sure to let us all know what you think of it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Indeed I will. I just have to fit it in to my crazy schedule!
Side note: glad you got moved. I hope your neck will find some relief too!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Haven't seen the last movie I think, so most likely will pass this as well.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am seeing it tonight, reviews have not been that good, but wont stop me.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am seeing it tonight, reviews have not been that good, but wont stop me.
I would go ahead and see this tonight as well, but it would cost me another $4. As such, I will just go see it tomorrow or Saturday and pay only $6. The early showing is at 11:00 am. Likewise, I will do the same for the new Purge movie on July 4th. Might even check out the new Antman movie too. It looks interesting. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not a good movie IMO, bad, predictable plot and I do not like how they are setting it up for a third movie. This franchise is starting to remind me of Star Wars.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I did not like it much either. Overly predictable and down right boring. But, it was good to get out of the apartment for a change. Can't wait to see the new Purge and Antman. Hopefully, they are better.:)

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I did not like it much either. Overly predictable and down right boring. But, it was good to get out of the apartment for a change. Can't wait to see the new Purge and Antman. Hopefully, they are better.:)

Cheers,

Phil
Noooo! I did not need to see you say that lol. I’ll still see it anyway.
Antman looks awesome. But I really can’t wait to see the incredibles.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it was not too impressive. I almost fell asleep and never do that in a movie. Someone was really snoring and I am like really? I agree Antman does look good. So, no Purge then? I am going to see both! :)

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it was not too impressive. I almost fell asleep and never do that in a movie. Someone was really snoring and I am like really? I agree Antman does look good. So, no Purge then? I am going to see both! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, purge looks sweet too, but I’ll probably wait for a rental. I did like the others so maybe...
Super busy lately. Makes it hard to get out to the theater.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, purge looks sweet too, but I’ll probably wait for a rental. I did like the others so maybe...
Super busy lately. Makes it hard to get out to the theater.
I hear ya. I was just glad to go for a change. My Grandsons may be coming in for the 4th of July. We may go see The Incredibles instead of Jurassic World. Heck, we might even do a Chucky Cheese.......LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I hear ya. I was just glad to go for a change. My Grandsons may be coming in for the 4th of July. We may go see The Incredibles instead of Jurassic World. Heck, we might even do a Chucky Cheese.......LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Sounds like fun! I will have about 50 of my wife’s family over for a “4th” party, over about 5 days. Ugh... the movies are all sounding good now!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like fun! I will have about 50 of my wife’s family over for a “4th” party, over about 5 days. Ugh... the movies are all sounding good now!
50-people! That is a rather large family. You and the wife will have your hands full no doubt. But, there is nothing like family. Enjoy! :)

Cheers,

Phil

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

The Incredibles was great! A few "stay at home dad" comments by Bob Parr made some folks groan, but you gotta keep it in context that it takes place in an alternate 1960's universe. Awesome flick regardless.

We're going to see Fallen Kingdom tomorrow morning, but my expectations are very low, which is sad considering how much I loved the 2015 movie. But all the trailers I've seen just show multiple scenes of a screaming teenager running from dinosaurs, and if that's the best they can come up with to advertise, the rest this movie is in trouble.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
We're going to see Fallen Kingdom tomorrow morning, but my expectations are very low, which is sad considering how much I loved the 2015 movie. But all the trailers I've seen just show multiple scenes of a screaming teenager running from dinosaurs, and if that's the best they can come up with to advertise, the rest this movie is in trouble.
So, what is the verdict? Did you and the family like Fallen Kingdom? Hope you all were more impressed than me, b/c I actually fell asleep. Hardly ever do that during a movie. In fact, it reminded me of Mission Impossible but only on an island inhabited by dinosaurs. Very sad inmho to say the least!:eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Heh, I looked at my wife when the credits rolled and said "you know... there was a good movie in there somewhere. I saw glimpses of it every once in a while. But it was too far buried under all the stupid cliches!"

They used just about every tired Hollywood action film trope in the book. The entire movie was phoned in. But that wasn't the worst part. No, what blew the most chunks is how hard they tried to rehash several iconic scenes from the original Jurassic Park, and blundered all of it.

Best I could give it is 3/10. 2 points for the (still awesome) dinosaur CGI, and one point for Bryce Dallas Howard in jeans.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis