JTR RS1 or PSA S3012

K

kini

Full Audioholic
That is what has me leaning towards the JTRs. I do consider them to be a step above monolith, PSA, rhythmik, definitely HSU. I will concede the differences might be subtle and perhaps inaudible, I’ll know the difference though and if I need support then I know I can get it. That’s in question to me with monolith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If "top of the pile" is what you're after then you should be looking at Funk/Harbottle.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That is what has me leaning towards the JTRs. I do consider them to be a step above monolith, PSA, rhythmik, definitely HSU. I will concede the differences might be subtle and perhaps inaudible, I’ll know the difference though and if I need support then I know I can get it. That’s in question to me with monolith.

It always boils down to needs. If raw output is your goal, there are subs for that. If you're looking for a sub that plays over 150hz, there are subs for that. If you're looking for a sub that has low distortion, there are subs for that. You want a sub that does all of those, the choices become very limited.

Goals make the difference in purchasing.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If "top of the pile" is what you're after then you should be looking at Funk/Harbottle.
I would add Perlisten to that top list. Also, if JTR only offered their sealed subs in a nice finish, they would be there too. The JTR 18" driver is that good. It is one of the best 18"s that can be had at any price.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would add Perlisten to that top list. Also, if JTR only offered their sealed subs in a nice finish, they would be there too. The JTR 18" driver is that good. It is one of the best 18"s that can be had at any price.
I thought JTR and RTJ can offer a nicer finish for an upcharge I know I've heard that on threads before from purchasers

K

kini

Full Audioholic

R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
I thought JTR and RTJ can offer a nicer finish for an upcharge I know I've heard that on threads before from purchasers
Thank you. I’m less concerned with ascetics and more so with sound. As someone else pointed out, there are often decision points and sacrifices one makes when it comes to subs. In the realm of sealed subs, JTR checks every box for me and with discounts it’s not that much more than what the PSA would cost. I think you’re right, the 18in driver is quite possibly the best in its class. I’m going to go this route.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you. I’m less concerned with ascetics and more so with sound. As someone else pointed out, there are often decision points and sacrifices one makes when it comes to subs. In the realm of sealed subs, JTR checks every box for me and with discounts it’s not that much more than what the PSA would cost. I think you’re right, the 18in driver is quite possibly the best in its class. I’m going to go this route.

Great choice! When the light get dimmed its not like you can tell the difference anyway. Can't wait to hear your experience with JTR once your order comes in!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
If the plan is to stay with a sealed sub then...

(2x) Custom 28x28x19 sealed enclosures $1200usd
(2x) Stereo Integrity HS24 24" drivers $3K
(1x) SpeakerPower SP2-8000HT, 2x 4000w/2 $2715

View attachment 57939
Thank you. Interesting but I am not versed in building and supporting my own subwoofers. I will leave that to those who do this for a living

JasonGSG

JasonGSG

Audioholic
Thank you. Interesting but I am not versed in building and supporting my own subwoofers. I will leave that to those who do this for a living

I'm not sure I understand your reply...
This is sold as a fully functional subwoofer by subwoofer-specific professionals.
At most you'd need only select a finish (likely simple black Duratex).
As to setup & configuration, it's identical to anything else.
ZY85WBY.jpg

R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
I'm not sure I understand your reply...
This is sold as a fully functional subwoofer by subwoofer-specific professionals.
At most you'd need only select a finish (likely simple black Duratex).
As to setup & configuration, it's identical to anything else.
View attachment 57940
My apologies, I interpreted your response as a DIY option. In any case, these are just too large for my room

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis