Perlisten D212S or JTR RS1

R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
I would welcome some thoughts on how a pair of Perlisten D212S subwoofers would compare to a pair of JTR RS1’s in a 2100 cubic foot room. The room is on raised floor, and not open to any other rooms. Use case is for movies only. The Perlisten D215S subs just won’t fit in my space. I don’t think it’s advisable to place these on their sides given the design.

Thank you in advance

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would welcome some thoughts on how a pair of Perlisten D212S subwoofers would compare to a pair of JTR RS1’s in a 2100 cubic foot room. The room is on raised floor, and not open to any other rooms. Use case is for movies only. The Perlisten D215S subs just won’t fit in my space. I don’t think it’s advisable to place these on their sides given the design.

Thank you in advance
I am just speculating, but I would guess that the JTR subs would give you more deep bass and the D212s would give you more midbass, probably around 3dB in either direction.

A

aoaaron

Audioholic Intern

Thank you in advance

You can place the D215S on its side. Just need to give vent clearance. confirmed with dealer.

R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
You can place the D215S on its side. Just need to give vent clearance. confirmed with dealer.
Interesting. I’m not sure how one would place it on its side and not obstruct the vent which is also on the sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rzelinka

Audioholic Intern
I am just speculating, but I would guess that the JTR subs would give you more deep bass and the D212s would give you more midbass, probably around 3dB in either direction.
Thank you. That is my thought too. I was a bit surprised to see the CEA 2010 output numbers. The surprise to me was when I was comparing output numbers from JTR, Perlisten, a poster on another forum shared output number from Rythmik. Seems the Rythmik sub bested both JTR and Perlisten. Not by a lot, but the G25 had more output.

I take the output numbers with a grain of salt as my current subs (Hsu ULS15 Mks) do an adequate job there, my goal is to get better overall frequency and tactile response. It is clear to me both JTR and Perlisten would do that. I think if I were to buy either, I'd be very happy for some time to come. I also feel if I were to buy Rythmik, I'd be wanting to upgrade again down the road.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis