JBL HP-520 speaker thread. Fun.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well my package finally arrived today. 16 feet wire per speaker as I measured this week. :eek: o_O
Can't wait to hear these on the Pioneer receiver. Pics soon.✌Holiday weekend.:cool:
IMG_28052021_144820_(1406_x_2500_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
OK I'm disappointed with this wire. It's not speaker wires. It's one wire only and not two like standard speaker wires. The price was so good that I didn't bother to check the specs. Luckily I just pulled out my tape measure and have 32 feet left on my white 14 gauge speaker wires that I can use. :eek:
I didn't think it was enough. :pI also need to check any loose screws on the bottom as Mark suggested. Maybe I'll do it tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll see how I feel not in the mood right now. ✌

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Come on, you could make your own fancy twisted style....diy Kimber Kable if you will :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
This is true and a good idea, but they are not true 12 Gauge awg.
Check out parts express I’ve gotten some decent cable off them for my garage project. Seems to be decent cable and reasonable priced .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I used canare 4s11 on mine but the Belsen cable is very good aswell and a little cheaper too . I got this free from a friend that did his whole set up he had about 50 ft left over and wanted to know if I’d try it out all I did was buy the connectors to terminate the ends I like it a lot it don’t get any cheaper than that but I do recommend a good heavy cable in this gauge for sure .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What about these? These will go under bed then a medium rug to cover them.
_20210529_155352.JPG

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW I buy bulk from Monoprice, they have a coupla jacket options for 12g too. Will your installation having you treading on the wire under the carpeting?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW I buy bulk from Monoprice, they have a coupla jacket options for 12g too. Will your installation having you treading on the wire under the carpeting?
No they will go under bed and a medium size rug to cover wires to receiver. Those aren't good. I never used monoprice speaker wires, just HDMI back in the day.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is that flexible enough to use for making cables, or do you use it just in-wall? Some blue or red mesh over the black sheathing and some heat-shrink tubing would make a nice cable.
It’s flexible enough. I don’t run it through the wall. If I could get 14 gauge I probably would going forward, because the 12 is pretty tight in some banana plugs that use set screws.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It’s flexible enough. I don’t run it through the wall. If I could get 14 gauge I probably would going forward, because the 12 is pretty tight in some banana plugs that use set screws.
I use crimp on ferrules on wire that size and two twisted pair of 4S11 are a touch bigger but after crimped good they are a lot easier to tighten clear down to clear the shell .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis