JBL HDI 3800 vs KLIPSCH RF-7III

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I recently reviewed the HDI-3800. To be honest, I wasn’t as impressed as I had hoped to be.

Thanks again, Erin. Great vid and good explanation for the caveats you wrote about in the speaker. Without having heard them, I can at least understand why you comment that they aren't necessarily performing up to expectation, especially when considering the pricing.
Cheers!

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
Youtube sound comparisons are garbage. They do not tell you what a sound system sounds like.

Between the Klipsch RF-7 and the JBL HDI-3800, go for the JBL HDI every day and twice on Sunday. I have heard both these speakers at length. If you like scorching hot treble, go for the Klipsch.
A long time has passed and I figured I'd share since I seem to remember your comments. I currently have the JBL HDI 3800'S, 4500, 1600'S still in boxes and dual Rythmik FV18's (subs) on-order awaiting delivery. I have Parasound & Anthem electronics also to back up those speakers. I will finally get to hear them on Independence Day for the first time. Thanks for your assistance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A long time has passed and I figured I'd share since I seem to remember your comments. I currently have the JBL HDI 3800'S, 4500, 1600'S still in boxes and dual Rythmik FV18's (subs) on-order awaiting delivery. I have Parasound & Anthem electronics also to back up those speakers. I will finally get to hear them on Independence Day for the first time. Thanks for your assistance.
You havent even um, just made sure they work and all? :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Bone-Head
Out of the country, right? I don’t recall if it was you or another member… somebody was in the Middle East and somebody was on an oil platform or something.
;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Bone-Head
So you made it back home it sounds like and got your stuff set up?!!

Sounds like it's time for a share!!! ;)

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
Thanks again, Erin. Great vid and good explanation for the caveats you wrote about in the speaker. Without having heard them, I can at least understand why you comment that they aren't necessarily performing up to expectation, especially when considering the pricing.
Cheers!
Well good for you! I On the other hand I am VERY IMPRESSED and I cannot imagine any other speaker I would be more happier with. So for all of you out there who desire sweet in your face banging BAD-A$$ high output set of speakers that will FLOOR you, GET THESE

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
FWIW, I recently reviewed the HDI-3800. To be honest, I wasn’t as impressed as I had hoped to be.

JBL HDIs all day.
Not saying the Big K can't sound good, but flat and accurate they are not known to be.
Thus far, the 3rd party reviews of the JBL HDIs are all very similar in how they seem to measure their performance and all seem to consider them worthwhile speakers.

Can't resist... You cannot audition speakers on YouTube! SMH. ;)
I have the JBL HDI 3800's, 4500, 1600's KEF R8A's and dual SVS PB16 Ultra's. What an amazing combination. And yes the KEF R8A's are serious speakers for ATMOS. I could not imagine being any happier with my choices. I have 3 amps for these speakers, Parasound A21+ for the 3800's, Anthem MCA 325 for the center and backs, Anthem MCA 225 for the KEF ATMOS, & AVM70 processor. I was pretty much clueless during the purchasing phase and now that its over I am convinced I made all the right choices.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis