JBL HDI 3800 vs KLIPSCH RF-7III

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One thing to remember is that the Klipsch RF7iii is way different then the RF7.

The RP8000f got great reviews here for a reason and that is largely due to major improvements Klipsch made in there horn technology. I owned them and enjoyed them thoroughly

The RF7iii benefit from the same improvements I don't believe they have that old V shaped high end treble sound Klipsch was known for just like the RP8000f they seem to have fixed this

In fact I just spoke with a member here through PM about trying out the RF7iii's and he ultimately did and he put them up against a ton of speakers

SVS ultra, goldenears, Aperion, those were just 3 of many very very nice speakers

He's got good experience at this so I trust his judgement he said the RF7iii just walked all over every thing he tried

This influenced me so much I almost went with them my dealer sells both lines RBH and Klipsch and it was a very close toss up.

I ultimately went with the RBH SV-831R as my front 3 and this was mainly due to his not being able to get the RF7iii shipped to me. This was through no fault of his he scored a great deal but I would have had to pick them up for the deal he got picking up 100lb speakers 3 of them from Dallas just didn't sound like fun lol

Also I really like the rest of my RBH gear and those guys are awesome and I love AMT tweeters and RBH uses a super nice one so I went with them I'm just awaiting delivery

But I deviate sorry my point is that the RF7iii sound good enough from my fellow members review for the need for a heads up between the 3800. They are significantly less in price.

I think KEW had a great idea order one each from Crutchfield debut them both and compare for weeks and send back the one you don't like for a very small fee, buy the one you do, and have ZERO buyers regret, what ifs, or remorse
Welcome back, Dan! I knew you would return. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
JBL 3800: 8,000 Cubic Inch, 8” Woofers x 3 = 150 Square Inch, 83 lbs
RF7iii: 12,000 Cubic Inch, 10” Woofers x 2 = 157 Square Inch, 97 lbs

So the RF7 probably has more bass and cost less.

The JBL probably has a better reputation since it is a Harman speaker. And there aren’t many fans of Klipsch around here.

I think you have to listen for yourself to know for sure. But if you are going by popular vote here, I bet the JBL will win. :D
How'd you do your surface area calcs? Just curious, didn't check :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hah hah I just had to slow down at work we got stupid busy when the new military hospital opened up across the street

Missed you guys bro!
Oh we know you're just moonlighting at ASR these days :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh we know you're just moonlighting at ASR these days :)
Word gets around eh? ;) So I'm bi-audial. Is that such a bad thing? :D

I mean you guys already know I have certain peculiar tastes when it comes to speakers ahem..

pleasureport.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Word gets around eh? ;) So I'm bi-audial. Is that such a bad thing? :D

I mean you guys already know I have certain peculiar tastes when it comes to speakers ahem..
Nah, am a regular there but different screen name (was bored). Now I wonder how these magic RBH subs work :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nah, am a regular there but different screen name (was bored). Now I wonder how these magic RBH subs work :)
Bro I'm telling you I've heard a lot of stuff and to be honest I was blown away.

But for there normal sale price I'd better be Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bro I'm telling you I've heard a lot of stuff and to be honest I was blown away.

But for there normal sale price I'd better be Lol
Yeah if I were in Pogre's area I might have beaten him to it just to see what these were all about based on your reports. Still, doubt they really compete with my 18s :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So impressed I'm finally taking the plunge and going with all RBH for my speaker setup these will be my dream speakers for at least 10 years everything I've bought from them I've not regretted ever

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah if I were in Pogre's area I might have beaten him to it just to see what these were all about based on your reports. Still, doubt they really compete with my 18s :)
True but your a maestro at DIY not everyone can do that some bums like me have to buy our stuff :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
To the OP sorry about getting off track just catching up with you guys

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
True but your a maestro at DIY not everyone can do that some bums like me have to buy our stuff :D
LOL am a crude dude at best compared to many out there, I just follow their lead for the most part.....

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Dan so you are moving on from your 590's? Will love to see pictures and hear how they compare

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dan so you are moving on from your 590's? Will love to see pictures and hear how they compare
Yes I am I love them but RBH the purchases I've made have totally blown me away. I understand why Gene is going all RBH in his new theater room build I'm rolling the dice on them being my end game speakers for a good long while. And I will totally fill you guys in when the new speakers get here!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis