Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Who flies free?
Most of their flights from their home State to DC are free and many others are considered State business that they also don’t pay for. They also take gross advantage of many men’s clubs, golf clubs and restaurants around DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Why do you look at this as the US not wanting people because they're from Latin American countries? This isn't about ethnicity, it's about people following the effing immigration laws!

Never let a crisis go to waste, right? Use it to your best advantage and twist it into something it's not. FYI- Mexico's immigration laws are more strict than what the US is trying to enforce, but the liberals won't let us.

Deny it all you want, many illegals ARE members of gangs, militias and cartels. Drugs are coming over the US border from all sides and the Heroin is killing people of all generations. Counterfeit US currency is being made by the billions of dollars and it's strengthening people who should be liquidated-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/31/counterfeiting-peruvian-gang-fabricating-fake-100-bills

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/17/magazine/how-a-mexican-drug-cartel-makes-its-billions.html

Prove me wrong.
Wow. Now you're putting words in my mouth. @markw brought up "cultural identity", not me. I made no reference to Latin America. That said - and maybe I'm wrong - but the phrase sounds suspiciously dog whistle-ish for "keep brown people out". It's not the "US not wanting people because they're from Latin American countries", it's a segment of the US population that doesn't want it.

And, if anyone is not letting "a crisis go to waste", it would be the current administration.

Look, I get it. Every country has the right to decide who is allowed in and if the US opened its border with Mexico, you'd have half of South America moving north in no time flat. It's not an easy situation to resolve. However, anyone who turns up at a border crossing and claims asylum, has a right to due process. That's the law. Those who try to sneak by border controls...well that's a different matter.

Hmmm, I don't recall denying that any illegal immigrants are gang members and drug smugglers. I have no doubt that some are. I think we can agree that the vast majority are not.

I'm reading all of this on my phone, so it's not easy to parse everything being said, but your entire post seems to be arguing statements that I haven't made.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow. Now you're putting words in my mouth. @markw brought up "cultural identity", not me. I made no reference to Latin America. That said - and maybe I'm wrong - but the phrase sounds suspiciously dog whistle-ish for "keep brown people out". It's not the "US not wanting people because they're from Latin American countries", it's a segment of the US population that doesn't want it.

And, if anyone is not letting "a crisis go to waste", it would be the current administration.

Look, I get it. Every country has the right to decide who is allowed in and if the US opened its border with Mexico, you'd have half of South America moving north in no time flat. It's not an easy situation to resolve. However, anyone who turns up at a border crossing and claims asylum, has a right to due process. That's the law. Those who try to sneak by border controls...well that's a different matter.

Hmmm, I don't recall denying that any illegal immigrants are gang members and drug smugglers. I have no doubt that some are. I think we can agree that the vast majority are not.

I'm reading all of this on my phone, so it's not easy to parse everything being said, but your entire post seems to be arguing statements that I haven't made.
You wrote "So, who are we - descendants of European immigrants - to decide what "cultures" are acceptable in our respective countries?", I responded to it. And we're not only descendants of Europeans, yet that's about the only the place I ever see that's mentioned.

I don't like using my phone for this, either. I think it may be similar for others and even might cause some of the anger we see. :)

Sure, coming through the official locations, they have a right to due process, but many don't use the border crossings- what rights should they have?

And as far as using this crisis, what about states and cities designating sanctuary zones? That goes against Federal Law.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Sure, they have a right to due process, but many don't use the border crossings- they're due ZERO rights.
It is amazing, you will not even acknowledge what our Constitution says.

People are perfectly welcome to come to the border to seek asylum. Yes they will be detained. But we have a president working with a for-profit jail institution to increase that wait time to the point that two dozen people have DIED in OUR custody.

You are not worried about others.

highfigh

highfigh

People are perfectly welcome to come to the border to seek asylum. Yes they will be detained. But we have a president working with a for-profit jail institution to increase that wait time to the point that two dozen people have DIED in OUR custody.

But the asylum-seekers are supposedly trekking hundreds of miles through the desert and showing up fresh-faced, with plenty of water. Doesn't seem too bad, right?

The Mexican government has done damn near nothing to protect the people who are risking everything and that's where I have a huge problem- the coyotes charge a lot for bringing people to the border, then dump them as soon as trouble shows up to prevent being caught. Sometimes, they come after the immigrants for more money after they're in the US, many endure horrible treatment at the hands of the coyotes. The US provides food, water, medical treatment and the ones who have died in US custody entered while they were already ill- if you have examples of any who were shot, beaten to death or just neglected, show it.

Wait time, for what? Going before a judge?

Yeah, I care, but there's so much BS being tossed around that it's obscuring the facts.

highfigh

highfigh

Most of their flights from their home State to DC are free and many others are considered State business that they also don’t pay for. They also take gross advantage of many men’s clubs, golf clubs and restaurants around DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they fly free, they should be required to document it- according to IRS regs, that should be added to their compensation. It also negates the comments that they have to pay for their expenses out of pocket and that $174K isn't enough.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
But the asylum-seekers are supposedly trekking hundreds of miles through the desert and showing up fresh-faced, with plenty of water. Doesn't seem too bad, right?
How terrible of you. People are dying in our custody and you could not care less.

This thread is about the Mueller report, which the few Trump supporters here have made clear they are not willing to read.

So if all you have to offer is hatred, please see yourself out!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
We didn't ask them to barge en masse* into this country uninvited . They had tho option to stay where they were.

* "Invade" might be a better word.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

How terrible of you. People are dying in our custody and you could not care less.

This thread is about the Mueller report, which the few Trump supporters here have made clear they are not willing to read.

Go ahead- ignore the rest of the post, which DOES deal with the horrible things happening to the people coming to the US- pick & choose, change the context, whatever works for you. There's a lot of bad being done, by far too many people. This whole issue could disappear if the Central American governments would give a rat's ass about their own people but I guess that's to much to ask when they can become wealthy from payoffs. The coyotes are getting rich from the money they charge poor people amid more human rights violations.

Why has the UN or some other group not stepped in?

This thread was derailed long ago.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
We didn't ask them to barge en masse* into this country uninvited . They had tho option to stay where they were.

* "Invade" might be a better word.
Then you should provide evidence to support your claims, not just Op-Eds.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You wrote "So, who are we - descendants of European immigrants - to decide what "cultures" are acceptable in our respective countries?", I responded to it. And we're not only descendants of Europeans, yet that's about the only the place I ever see that's mentioned.

I don't like using my phone for this, either. I think it may be similar for others and even might cause some of the anger we see. :)

Sure, coming through the official locations, they have a right to due process, but many don't use the border crossings- what rights should they have?

And as far as using this crisis, what about states and cities designating sanctuary zones? That goes against Federal Law.
Again, I was responding to @markw, but I understand where you were coming from now. I already stated that I was unsure about those who enter at non-official points. I understand that it can't be a free-for-all. I thought I was pretty clear on that point. As for sanctuary cities, it isn't clear that what they are doing is illegal.
https://www.tolerance.org/classroom-resources/texts/what-is-a-sanctuary-city-anyway

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Then you should provide evidence to support your claims, not just Op-Eds.
Really? You really can't see what's happening at the borders. Jeez, yo're hopeless.

How about you provide some evidence that we asked thousands and thousands of scruffy, broke, unskilled, and sick invaders to come here looking for handouts simultaneously?

Actually, don't bother. I won't respond. I see how you baited me back into the discussion buy seeming to want to carry on an intelligent conversation.. I fell for it.

I must say, you truly are a master bater.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Again, I was responding to @markw, but I understand where you were coming from now. I already stated that I was unsure about those who enter at non-official points. I understand that it can't be a free-for-all. I thought I was pretty clear on that point. As for sanctuary cities, it isn't clear that what they are doing is illegal.
https://www.tolerance.org/classroom-resources/texts/what-is-a-sanctuary-city-anyway
The sanctuary cities are harboring people who came in illegally and statistically, some of them are criminals (as are some % of any random group).

OTOH, I have read that INS has flown people from the border crossing holding areas to cities around the country, so who knows where they really are. With the lack of medical care in poor areas of Central America, I think it would be better to know where the immigrants are, so diseases could be tracked.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

for crying out loud, you are certifiably nuts !

I've got an idea, why don't you take them in to live with you !

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, just a poster that when he is frustrated tells other to play with themselves, with others, but I've not seen this one before: "master bater". Often this is followed by a proclamation that he is done with thread, but sadly, that is not the case, obviously.
Can't remember where the quote comes from, "You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater."

But unfortunately neither of those things are relevant when dealing with a group of people that are taking Trump at his word, and willingly refute any and all evidence, calling it "fake news."

They will never read the Mueller Report, or get their news anywhere else, but from Fox or Op-Eds.... never once fact checking their own news, much less the words of our President.

Considering he is now publicly stating that he WOULD accept intelligence from a foreign entity on a political opponent - which is known as TREASON, I think there is little hope for this group of people to avoid getting rolled over by the wheels of progress.... as this thread has thoroughly demonstrated.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can't remember where the quote comes from, "You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater."

But unfortunately neither of those things are relevant when dealing with a group of people that are taking Trump at his word, and willingly refute any and all evidence, calling it "fake news."

They will never read the Mueller Report, or get their news anywhere else, but from Fox or Op-Eds.... never once fact checking their own news, much less the words of our President.
If they just had read the first few pages of each volume of the Mueller report as well as his public statement I think this would have been a "cleaner" thread.

Considering he is now publicly stating that he WOULD accept intelligence from a foreign entity on a political opponent - which is known as TREASON, I think there is little hope for this group of people to avoid getting rolled over by the wheels of progress.... as this thread has thoroughly demonstrated.
I read about that interview and I must admit it was jaw-dropping.

Appears you managed to quote my post while I deleted it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis