Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And here is your proof.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/us/politics/mueller-barr.html

Not surprised. I felt the same outrage as I read it and then to have Barr come out and state that Trump had been exonerated was just what I thought it was, bullsh!t.
Here is the letter Mueller sent Barr, a few days after Barr first summary of the report: https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/special-counsel-mueller-s-letter-to-attorney-general-barr/e32695eb-c379-4696-845a-1b45ad32fff1

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Love it, nothing like telling your boss he's a moron and you got it wrong :D

I've had a few managers pull that stunt on me, to cover their own a$$, and then demand I retract my statement on a contract/invoice/service ticket or face dismissal/disciplinary action.

My standard reply went along these lines; let me get this right, you want me to lie and make a false statement; well that's not going to happen, feel free to fire me and I'll see you in court. And in almost every instance the next thing I heard was either, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!! or Please, for the love of God. :)

Before my forced retirement, due to health issues, I was never fired/dismissed, on any job in 42 years by simply following my fathers advice. Do the job to the best of your ability, keep your big trap shut, don't lie, if you screw up, admit it and make sure you have the documents & a witness. :)

Pop's was a pretty smart guy for a guy with no formal education, unless you count going to 3rd grade, and being a green-horn immigrant to this beautiful country.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Barr has now released the entire Mueller report unredacted for House review. The 4 page memo is now a nothing burger, move along please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Barr has now released the entire Mueller report unredacted for House review. The 4 page memo is now a nothing burger, move along please.

Source?

T

TankTop5

I apologize, it was just the House judiciary committee.

Politico:

“The six Democrats to whom Barr offered access to the report boycotted en masse, complaining that Barr should have provided a fully unredacted report to a broader set of lawmakers investigating Trump’s conduct. House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler has subpoenaed Barr and the Justice Department for the full report and Mueller’s underlying evidence. The deadline for compliance is May 1.”

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I apologize, it was just the House judiciary committee.

Politico:

“The six Democrats to whom Barr offered access to the report boycotted en masse, complaining that Barr should have provided a fully unredacted report to a broader set of lawmakers investigating Trump’s conduct. House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler has subpoenaed Barr and the Justice Department for the full report and Mueller’s underlying evidence. The deadline for compliance is May 1.”

So he delivered today under the deadline? I couldn't find anything to back that up before I asked the question....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Pop's was a pretty smart guy for a guy with no formal education, unless you count going to 3rd grade, and being a green-horn immigrant to this beautiful country.
Well, he went to the school of hard knox of life, it seems.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Well, he went to the school of hard knox of life, it seems.
He surely did, that's why he loved this country so much.

He believed that thru sheer determination and hard work in this country, more than any other in the world, offered opportunities to succeed for himself and his family, without having to bribe, lie or kiss you're way to the top. It may seem naive now in retrospect but he truly believed that all his life. I saw him get abused verbally for not speaking the language well but it never seemed to bother him personally. He used to say, as long as they keep paying me and don't put a hand on me, I'll be OK. Of course being as strong as an ox didn't hurt. :p To him success was the greatest revenge.

I personally can't remember a day when he wasn't smiling or laughing. Thank God he's not around to see this current sh!t show, he'd be appalled.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic

Even if it were released to the entire house Barr's 4-page memo is not, and never will be a "nothing burger." That memo shaped the narrative of the report for four weeks without the ability of anyone to contend otherwise. For four weeks all we heard about was the "total exoneration" the report set forth. After the redacted report was released, those that care about the details now know "total exoneration" is entirely untrue. Yet still Barr's 4-page memo shapes the story line. If you need proof of this, you need look no further than the posts in this thread.

T

TankTop5

Even if it were released to the entire house Barr's 4-page memo is not, and never will be a "nothing burger." That memo shaped the narrative of the report for four weeks without the ability of anyone to contend otherwise. For four weeks all we heard about was the "total exoneration" the report set forth. After the redacted report was released, those that care about the details now know "total exoneration" is entirely untrue. Yet still Barr's 4-page memo shapes the story line. If you need proof of this, you need look no further than the posts in this thread.
It always was and always will be a nothing burger, the release just puts the final nail in the coffin. The memo was simply Barr’s opinion on the report. Have you ever had an idea, took it to your boss and he agreed, called as staff meeting about it and his meeting was completely different than what you talked to him about? That’s basically what Barr did, Barr was Muellers boss and interpreted the report how he wanted. You and I may not like it but it doesn’t matter and Barr has the authority to write whatever he wanted and 10,000 news stories trying to make something out of nothing will end up being exactly that, nothing.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… The memo was simply Barr’s opinion on the report. Have you ever had an idea, took it to your boss and he agreed, called as staff meeting about it and his meeting was completely different than what you talked to him about? That’s basically what Barr did, Barr was Muellers boss and interpreted the report how he wanted.
Barr has been AG only for about a month. He was Mueller's boss only because the previous AG, Jeff Sessions, was fired because he wouldn't fire Mueller or interfere with his investigation. Barr was clearly brought on because he agreed with Trump's effort to derail the investigation. His efforts to misinterpret Mueller's report and mesh his arguments with Trump's defense team make that abundantly clear.

Barr will likely be subpoenaed or face contempt of Congress charges. The Speaker of the House already says he lied to Congress. It's going to be a Constitutional battle. Tricky D!ck Nixon tried and failed that same battle when he refused to turn over his tape recordings. The Supreme Court unanimously ruled that he was obligated to release the tapes to government investigators – that the Constitution granted Congress the right and duty of executive oversight and investigation. Nixon had to end his stonewall efforts and turn over the tapes. Sixteen days later, he resigned rather than face certain impeachment.

People who don't remember that history may have to learn it all over again, the hard way.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It always was and always will be a nothing burger, the release just puts the final nail in the coffin. The memo was simply Barr’s opinion on the report. Have you ever had an idea, took it to your boss and he agreed, called as staff meeting about it and his meeting was completely different than what you talked to him about? That’s basically what Barr did, Barr was Muellers boss and interpreted the report how he wanted. You and I may not like it but it doesn’t matter and Barr has the authority to write whatever he wanted and 10,000 news stories trying to make something out of nothing will end up being exactly that, nothing.
What Barr, as US Attorney General did, was to mislead the American people and the US Congress about the Mueller report for weeks. What he did was to further erode peoples trust in the justice system that they will be fairly treated in a non-partisan way. So yes, that's a big deal.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It always was and always will be a nothing burger, the release just puts the final nail in the coffin. The memo was simply Barr’s opinion on the report. ...
That is curious as he didn't even bother to read the full report let alone the evidence supporting the report per the Senate questioning. Same with the assistant.
How can you have an opinion of a report when you have no clue what is in it?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That is curious as he didn't even bother to read the full report let alone the evidence supporting the report per the Senate questioning. Same with the assistant.
I only watched the beginning of Barr in front of the Senate committee, so I missed the marvellous Sen Kama Harris questioning of Barr. No wonder Barr did not want to be questioned by skilled lawyers in the House hearing and refused, even, to appear at the hearing.

Her comment later about Barr not having reviewed the underlying evidence:

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
While I doubt her viability as a presidential candidate, I've been very impressed with her questioning of not just Barr but other administration officials on a range of issues. Being a former prosecutor (San Francisco, CA?) has obviously taught her a lot on how to get to the crux of the matter and an honest answer, instead of just grandstanding to make a political point, like most of the other politicians on each side.

As a registered Independent I find it very frustrating to watch these blowhards, again on both sides of the political spectrum, just asking politically bent questions, instead of just getting to the truth about what happened.

T

TankTop5

Again, partisan politics aside it doesn’t matter. Mueller didn’t recommend charges in the report so Barr can summarize whatever he wants. It’s like pregnancy, you’re either pregnant or you aren’t, there’s no such thing as almost pregnant. This is simply a political circus at this point, you can only impeach for high crimes and misdemeanors, not because you don’t like the president. Mueller went in search of a crime and couldn’t find one, it’s game over regardless of opinion. The news can continue to spin the story however they like, the fact is they can’t prove a crime occurred, everything else is political grandstanding.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Again, partisan politics aside it doesn’t matter. Mueller didn’t recommend charges in the report so Barr can summarize whatever he wants.
From this and other posts you made on this subject I think we have different standards as to what a (good) summary is or should not be. In fact, writing a good summary/abstract is not easy, and you'll find many guides on how to write them, usually adapted to a specific field/research/courses etc. But, I think, you'll not find any guide claiming that a good summary is misleading, be it intentional or not.

T

TankTop5

From this and other posts you made on this subject I think we have different standards as to what a (good) summary is or should not be. In fact, writing a good summary/abstract is not easy, and you'll find many guides on how to write them, usually adapted to a specific field/research/courses etc. But, I think, you'll not find any guide claiming that a good summary is misleading, be it intentional or not.
Mueller’s job was to investigate Trump for Russian collusion in the election. Barr wrote the summary to answer the question of collusion.

What many people are mad about is all the other dirt Mueller exposed and the possible obstruction by Trump. Many other people believe Mueller went on a witch hunt in search of any crime. The question is, is it obstruction to interfere with lateral investigations not pertinent to Russian collusion to which Mueller wasn’t specifically tasked with? The DOJ and FBI investigate and prosecute crimes not dig dirt up and expose people publicly, if that’s the government you want god help us all.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Again, partisan politics aside it doesn’t matter. Mueller didn’t recommend charges in the report so Barr can summarize whatever he wants. It’s like pregnancy, you’re either pregnant or you aren’t, there’s no such thing as almost pregnant. This is simply a political circus at this point, you can only impeach for high crimes and misdemeanors, not because you don’t like the president. Mueller went in search of a crime and couldn’t find one, it’s game over regardless of opinion. The news can continue to spin the story however they like, the fact is they can’t prove a crime occurred, everything else is political grandstanding.

Oh it does matter, not just because the drumpf is a grifter scumbag. Mueller did what he could, it's up to Congress to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis