Is Netflix Crumbling?

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've found the disc library suffering as of late....and too many are not available as bluray now too. That's just where optical discs are going, tho.
The other side of this is that I'm seeing way to much compression happening with streaming services now. It may not be that way in 10 years but it's getting pretty bad. I still get disc releases though.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
More from Bloomberg but most of this article has been already commented on here. Overvalued is the term. Streaming is pipeline and margins will be thin and user interface counts but content is king.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Considering their high was $700.99...
;)
They are already -$14 today, though they aren't flushing out as bad as they were the previous two days. I could see putting an order in at $200.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Still haven't seen a reason why trying to buy Twitter is an issue. Dorsey is more of a concern for me personally. Moderation on a lot of the SM platforms is clearly left leaning.
Gab and Troof Social will provide you a happy place.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Gab and Troof Social will provide you a happy place.
I'm happy where I'm at. Why would I go looking? Anyways I don't think Netflix's problems are woke problems. They are competitors catching up and not licensing content any longer.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I'm not that worried over Netflix content. Sometimes it is nice to look at the same movies a couple times over, which I keep in, "My List, " or not. I might imagine that there will not be as many original Netflix Movies, that come out every year?

As stated way back on page one, the wife is into series dramas on Netflix, and with Prime, I'm okay with both content. Nothing to get all excited about, unless they start injecting commercials every 10 minutes.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Considering their high was $700.99...
;)
They are already -$14 today, though they aren't flushing out as bad as they were the previous two days. I could see putting an order in at $200.
Whatever the long term holds for NFLX, there will definitely be a bounce back, the question is where is the floor?

Choose wisely.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am sure they will continue to slide for a bit since they're still predicting further subscriber loss. I was reading an article and it said of the big services, Disney+ was actually the one more people cancelled. With the price increase already this year, not like Netflix can raise it again right away or they will see an even bigger exodus.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Already today, the market overall is down, but NFLX has pared its losses somewhat... the bloodbath is not continuing with gushes of arterial spray.
My suspicion is it may trend lower, slightly, but any lower than 200 is not very likely... of course, then you can get into the game of trying to wait for... 190? 185?...
;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I'm happy where I'm at. Why would I go looking? Anyways I don't think Netflix's problems are woke problems. They are competitors catching up and not licensing content any longer.
HBO and other's have pulled their programs from Netflix. So yeah Netflix doesn't get say Disney+ programming anymore. That alone gotta cost Netflix to lose out unsubscribers. They lost 700k subscribers alone by cutting off the Russians.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The market has been brutal since December. Sure oil went up over that time but most stocks are sideways or down. It’s more like gambling at this point. Where is the bottom? Not sure. LOL :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As others pulled their content from Netflix, they went on a buying spree for old 80's, 90's and 00's shows and films. That's kind of a stop-gap to fill in those big holes.

ALL of the services know they only have a few shows here and there that people really want to watch and that is not enough to justify the full price of really having multiple services. The rest is filler and that doesn't add up to premium prices.

I think Amazon has it right - VOD, where you pay to watch the film and have a 24hr period to watch it, or a week to watch a series, or whatever. Where they went wrong is, they charge too much for that, or at least need to drop the price faster for new films.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think Amazon has it right - VOD, where you pay to watch the film and have a 24hr period to watch it, or a week to watch a series, or whatever. Where they went wrong is, they charge too much for that, or at least need to drop the price faster for new films.
This!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I signed up for HBO Max last night. Got a whole lot of good movies, documentaries, music videos and so. Believe I'll give Netflix a rest. HBO Max 14.99 flat. Netflix 19.99 plus taxes 21.88.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I noticed the other day that HBO max($7.99 a month special that was extended at the same price. :eek: :cool: ) has all the Marvel(Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc.) series that Netflix has or had?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
From Bloomberg today. The same thing seems to be happening in the UK over the same period. The ride up from 2Q 2020 coincides with COVID too. Today with people out of the house + inflation + competition = a tough long term. Can't see NFLX ever getting back to that 700 level again but those are famous last words

Two years of constant increases in the number of on-demand streaming services per American household has come to an end, according to Bloomberg.

A quarterly survey from research company Kantar found the number of on-demand streaming services per household peaked at 4.7. This follows two years of constant increases as new services were being added.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis