Is Emotiva losing some of it's luster?

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
OK, now I'm getting pissed :mad:. The damn thing is still jacked up and distorting on certain transients. I'm thinking I need to go in a new direction with this.

DJ

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ugh ... :confused:

That's some bad luck there. I bet they bend over backwards to get you back on track.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
DJ, sorry to read about your troubles. I hope that you get it all worked out.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Ya, I sent them an e-mail. I'm sure I'll hear from them on Monday - it's just now my system will be down for another 3 weeks.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There's always a first time...
I knew that it was only a matter of time ... :D

I'm thinking I need to go in a new direction with this.
So ... (Adam knows what's next) ... how much for the Stealths after they finally fix them? o_O

I always take second glances at used Emo gear. I've seen some of it in action and the price points are very peasant friendly.

I hadn't looked at your sig very closely before but now I see what you mean by changing direction. I'm curious what led you to the active speakers and also what other speakers you considered.

Kurt (KEW) has some Focal Solo6 Be toys that would keep you pointed in the same direction. They're a little steep for me but my shoes were squeaking after I heard them. I can't believe I just said that.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You even stayed out of the hijacking. I thought you had quit the forum.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Whoa!!! Hold on there monkey! Nothing is set in stone. Let me at least see what they say first. I'm only having trouble with one speaker. I suspect the defect in the amp that they fixed may have damaged the tweeter, so...

My experience with actives up until Emotiva's has been very favorable. If I can just work out the bugs and get back on track :confused:.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Adam would probably loan you the money for the Focals.

Keep us posted.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I've heard he's loaded, so much so that he's almost his own financial institution. Wasn't his nickname "Too big to fail" over on one of the other boards? I seem to remember something like that.

Will do.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
OK, so to update.

I contacted Emotiva and talked to the tech that 'repaired' the Stealth the first time I sent it in, and roughly explained that the issue was still there tho to a lesser degree, and that I think I got a lemon. I also told him that I wasn't real pleased that my rig was going to be down for another 3 weeks again. He ended the conversation with "someone would be contacting me with an RMA# and a shipping label to send it back, and that they would issue a replacement when they receive it". OK, so the label and the RMA come and I shipped it out. Well, I got the replacement back yesterday (2.5 weeks :rolleyes:), and it appears to b a brand new unit. So, needless to say Emo stepped up and took care of the issue. I'm breaking the new speaker in, and so far so good. I'm cautiously optimistic that the problem has been solved.

DJ

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I'm wondering about something earlier in the thread. It was my understanding that Emotiva's products are NOT made in the US, except for a single product, the XMC. All the amps have been made in China. I am not suggesting anything about "quality" and "China vs US". But facts are facts.

However, I could be out of date on this. Does anyone have any actual documentation that more of their products are being made or assembled in the US now?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
DJ,
How does it work with Emotiva?
Do you pay shipping one or both ways?
If you normally pay shipping, did they pay for it after their half-arsed effort at repair?

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Emotiva never had any luster as far as I'm concerned. I tried their amps years ago just for kicks. I wasn't expecting much but who doesn't love a good bargain? Unfortunately they were nothing but problems.

I haven't had any experience with their preamps or speakers but based on their amplifiers I would never ever recommend them. Not worth cheaping out just to have issues down the later line.

Plus their gear looks like Playskool stuff, bleh.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
DJ,
How does it work with Emotiva?
Do you pay shipping one or both ways?
If you normally pay shipping, did they pay for it after their half-arsed effort at repair?
In the beginning, when I owned the RSP-2, they would pick up round trip shipping, but now you cover the cost to ship it back. That's not usually a big deal if your talking smaller components, but if it's a speaker it gets hella expensive. They have taken care of shipping on the repeat shipments after things weren't right. You know, the second time around. They stepped up in that respect.

DJ

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I'm wondering about something earlier in the thread. It was my understanding that Emotiva's products are NOT made in the US, except for a single product, the XMC. All the amps have been made in China. I am not suggesting anything about "quality" and "China vs US". But facts are facts.

However, I could be out of date on this. Does anyone have any actual documentation that more of their products are being made or assembled in the US now?
Just go to the beginning of the thread for a brief explanation. They are working on getting manufacturing operations back to the US.

DJ

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
They have taken care of shipping on the repeat shipments after things weren't right. You know, the second time around. They stepped up in that respect.

DJ
Glad to hear that. It sucks you had to pay for the first out-going shipment, but I know I would have a really tough time if they made me pay for the second one because they did not take a close listen before shipping back. That should be part of any repair.

In the beginning, when I owned the RSP-2, they would pick up round trip shipping, but now you cover the cost to ship it back. That's not usually a big deal if your talking smaller components, but if it's a speaker it gets hella expensive.
Sounds like they are deliberately losing luster to me!

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Look, in no way do I wanna dog the company. Growing pains happen. They just need to reel things back in, and start getting right.

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis