Is Emotiva losing some of it's luster?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
With the exception of an optical cable breaking, I've had nothing but good fun with my mono block amps (UPA-1) and even the XDA-1... the volume issue is so minor, that until I upgrade my speakers, I'll still only just pick up an XDA-2.

I'm surprised to hear this, and hope it is simply isolated events.

C

Clay M

Audiophyte
Would anyone recommended the Airmotiv 6s? Or is there a better speaker for that price? I was also looking at the Audioengine 5+

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Ya, I've heard some horror stories about Onkyo's customer service. I fortunately haven't experienced anything negative personally, thankfully (we have an Onkyo AV receiver in the living room). Then again I haven't seen too many Onkyo products in high end places, so...

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Would anyone recommended the Airmotiv 6s? Or is there a better speaker for that price? I was also looking at the Audioengine 5+
I have a pair of 6's in the media room and love them. They were the first series, so the issues that I've had with mine probably/hopefully won't apply to the newer models.

C

Clay M

Audiophyte
I have a pair of 6's in the media room and love them. They were the first series, so the issues that I've had with mine probably/hopefully won't apply to the newer models.
What issues did you experience?

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Working with Chinese manufacturing is tricky and some companies under-estimate the effort required. You must have people there who know what they are doing to monitor your offshore partners. Even well-meaning manufacturers in China can find themselves with batches of counterfeit parts, while the less scrupulous will deliberately seek out sub-quality parts to put into your branded gear. The companies that have the fewest problems are the ones with "boots on the ground" in China who monitor and support their Chinese OEM.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis