Intel brief not allowed?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You mean a separate federal government body with the ability to ignore due-process and the rest of the Constitution, and would have the ability to threaten and ultimately control any politician? Nah. I'd rather just make what we have work.
Depending on how November goes, we may wind up with that anyway. We're certainly on the right track.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I have another theory that if he gets re-elected, the GOP will re-impeach him and kick him out of office.
You must have some high hopes. The chance of that happening are nil and none ... and none just left town.

You think they're gonna admit they 'effed up by making him the Republican standard bearer? Not likely. I just don't see it happening, as much as I want it to happen.

I'm hoping they fall off the cliff with him, after all the damage he's done.

Whig Party anyone? :D

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You must have some high hopes. The chance of that happening are nil and none ... and none just left town.

You think they're gonna admit they 'effed up by making him the Republican standard bearer? Not likely.

I'm hoping they fall off the cliff with him, after all the damage he's done.

Whig Part anyone?
Admit they were wrong? Lord no, they'll just get him on something new that magically absolves them of any negligence on their part.

Then again, we may just end up with 4 more years of stupid.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The GOP members of Senate quite simply does not have the moral character, much less a backbone, to impeach Trump. By now that should very clear, I think.
Exactly.

If Trump is re-elected, the only way he could be removed from office would be if both the House and Senate are Democratic. Remember, it requires a two third majority in the Senate, 67 votes, to remove a president. That's never happened in US history.

It is said that Nixon would have been removed, but he resigned before that could happen. In 1974, Democrats were the majority of both the House and Senate, but I don't remember the size of their majorities. Those articles of impeachment had already passed the House Judiciary Committee with 7 out of 17 GOP members voting to approve at least some of them. The House would have certainly approved the articles of impeachment, with or without GOP help.

67 votes in the Senate would have required GOP votes. What convinced Nixon to leave immediately was when the GOP Senate Minority Leader said he couldn't guarantee that enough GOP Senators would vote against his removal.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
To be fair, I gave @lovinthehd a dumb reaction first to post #40, and then he retaliated. Personally, I don't care how many dumb reactions I get, I figure it's just part of life in The Steam Vent. And, we weren't calling each other dumb, we were referring to the posts. Well, at least I was. Nonetheless, Ponzio, I appreciate the support.
We're all in the same boat brother.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To be fair, I gave @lovinthehd a dumb reaction first to post #40, and then he retaliated. Personally, I don't care how many dumb reactions I get, I figure it's just part of life in The Steam Vent. And, we weren't calling each other dumb, we were referring to the posts. Well, at least I was. Nonetheless, Ponzio, I appreciate the support.
Yep, wouldn't have used it otherwise. But it is a dumb search for general attitudes since it focuses specifically on one person's view (and using not even the name but the abbreviation which probably tilts it even further). I surely hope Stephen Miller is not the future of the republicans, too....they're far too racist already. I could see it go but not really familiar with the red chiclet....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Really? Telling people to refuse to work, tax at high rates that won't be tolerated and will affect people on the Left and constantly tell people to do things that are unreasonable?

Nobody wants to fight someone who's crazy.
Do you know how rhetoric and the news work? You say a lot of unreasonable things, too. You helped put the asshole in the WH in place so.....

Quit capitalizing left until you know what it is, we barely have any in this country.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Yep, wouldn't have used it otherwise. But it is a dumb search for general attitudes since it focuses specifically on one person's view (and using not even the name but the abbreviation which probably tilts it even further). I surely hope Stephen Miller is not the future of the republicans, too....they're far too racist already. I could see it go but not really familiar with the red chiclet....
And you're still at it. Every time I think I'm being obnoxious I just read your posts and I feel better about mine. Here are the views from one of the links in my dumb search of a "broad spectrum" of Democratic leaders. I have to hold my nose with these people as much as I do with Trump:

"Bold support for The Green New Deal". It makes me want to puke. Of course, so do Trump's environmental proposals, like drilling the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. Neither party deserves my vote, but one will get it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And you're still at it. Every time I think I'm being obnoxious I just read your posts and I feel better about mine. Here are the views from one of the links in my dumb search of a "broad spectrum" of Democratic leaders. I have to hold my nose with these people as much as I do with Trump:

"Bold support for The Green New Deal". It makes me want to puke. Of course, so do Trump's environmental proposals, like drilling the Arctic Wildlife Refuge. Neither party deserves my vote, but one will get it.
Just consider them a counterweight :) Glad it helps you with your self esteem, tho. Each end of the spectrum is obnoxious, eh?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Do you know how rhetoric and the news work? You say a lot of unreasonable things, too. You helped put the asshole in the WH in place so.....

Quit capitalizing left until you know what it is, we barely have any in this country.
'left' is a direction, 'Left' is used to denote the party on the left of center WRT political parties.

If Hillary had won, you would have helped put a female asshole in the WH.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If Hillary had won, you would have helped put a female asshole in the WH.
Yeah, that was a really close call! As QAnon makes lucidly clear President Trump struggles against a global cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles, including Hillary Clinton! Why don't the Left see what a majority (sadly, only 56% so far) of Republicans knowns for an indisputable fact that QAnon is Right?

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah, that was a really close call! As QAnon makes lucidly clear President Trump struggles against a global cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles, including Hillary Clinton! Why don't the Left see what a majority (sadly, only 56% so far) of Republicans knowns for an indisputable fact that QAnon is Right?
I watched a few videos from QAnon and just stopped because it was a waste of time. When so many claims are strung together, it becomes similar to "I was sitting in the UFO with Bigfoot and Elvis, talking about.....".

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, that was a really close call! As QAnon makes lucidly clear President Trump struggles against a global cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles, including Hillary Clinton!
Well there goes my breakfast on the keyboard.

Too funny

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I watched a few videos from QAnon and just stopped because it was a waste of time. When so many claims are strung together, it becomes similar to "I was sitting in the UFO with Bigfoot and Elvis, talking about.....".
You mean you were not called to join in those discussions? ;) :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis