Intel brief not allowed?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What the f....! Intel agency not allowed to brief congress or ask them questions about election interference by congressional panels?

Did we just see a dictator take over?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
What the f....! Intel agency not allowed to brief congress or ask them questions about election interference by congressional panels?

The takeover has already taken place. the promise to, Make America Great Again, (And all that that entails) was too appealing to the masses. America is burning and the populace is fiddling.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A slow-motion coup is taking place, and a good chunk of the electorate is rooting for the end of democracy. This is one of the problems of democracy; there always comes a day when the people vote to end voting. It only needs to happen once, and the democracy is over with.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic

Close? I think 6/12 keynote speakers at the rnc were family...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Destroying postal service letter scanners, blackmailing nations for aid to help his re-election, the constant turnover ... they're all 'acting' ... in almost every branch of the government, nepotism, etc.

Definitely gangster.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
“For clarity and to protect sensitive intelligence from unauthorized disclosures, we will primarily do that through written finished intelligence products.”

Seeing who is on the intelligence committee (Schiff amongst others) I would be doing the same thing: submit what is required in writing and no more.

“Whether it was Shifty Schiff or somebody else, they leak the information before it gets in, and what’s even worse they leak the wrong information,”
"Shifty Schiff"? Is that a quote from the article you linked to, and we're supposed to take that seriously in any way with respect to whether or not the security concerns are real?

As for leaking: Donald Trump's disclosures of classified information

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Um, hence the quotation marks? The Wall Street Journal is quoting President Trump. And yes, I take articles by the WSJ seriously as they are usually pretty thorough and unbiased.
Here is the CNN take with their usual spin if that makes you feel better:

Um, adding that the source of the quotation is Trump would be helpful as you apparently agree with him on the security issue, though that position is pretty weak considering Trump's own documented history (partly described in my link.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
John Ratcliffe, a recent appointee of drumphy, is cutting info off.....gee, what a surprise. Drumphy knows how to rig an election, he's got practice now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Wow just wow. And for all you Law and order peeps he wants to end payroll tax forever. Say goodbye to your Social Security.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... Drumphy knows how to rig an election, he's got practice now.
Now you know what all those calls to Putin without any records on our side, they were talking about.
He is not smart enough to figure this out on his own. He needs lots of help from Putin.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty sad state for our country to entertain these fascists....

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
A slow-motion coup is taking place, and a good chunk of the electorate is rooting for the end of democracy. This is one of the problems of democracy; there always comes a day when the people vote to end voting. It only needs to happen once, and the democracy is over with.
Yep, just ask the Germans & Italians in the 30's. They voted in their overlords too.

First the trains run on time, the economy takes an uptick and the next thing you know you're on vacation in Russia, fighting off frostbite.

I had an uncle die at Stalingrad and no, he didn't volunteer.

What's the old maxim? Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

I laugh when people say, oh it can never happen here, we have too many safeguards in place, we're a nation of laws. True and yet he breaks those laws on a regular basis and hasn't suffered any consequences whatsoever to date.

If you have the consent of the governed, you can do almost anything you want. Trump believes it to be true and has said as such. How else do you explain this comment during the 2016 election?

'I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.'

Oh yeah his supporters say, he was joking, lighten up. Was he?

This reminds me of the German conservatives in The Reichstag who thought they could control Hitler to gain power, until one day they couldn't.

Laugh at your own peril.

VOTE!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yep, just ask the Germans & Italians in the 30's. They voted in their overlords too.

First the trains run on time, the economy takes an uptick and the next thing you know you're on vacation in Russia, fighting off frostbite.

I had an uncle die at Stalingrad and no, he didn't volunteer.

What's the old maxim? Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

I laugh when people say, oh it can never happen here, we have too many safeguards in place, we're a nation of laws. True and yet he breaks those laws on a regular basis and hasn't suffered any consequences whatsoever to date.

If you have the consent of the governed, you can do almost anything you want. Trump believes it to be true and has said as such. How else do you explain this comment during the 2016 election?

'I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.'

Oh yeah his supporters say, he was joking, lighten up. Was he?

This reminds me of the German conservatives in The Reichstag who thought they could control Hitler to gain power, until one day they couldn't.

Laugh at your own peril.

VOTE!
Hitler never really pretended to be something that he wasn't when the Nazi party ran for control of the government with him as leader in 1932. He openly said that democracy was a weakness and that he would destroy it as it exists. Of course, he did just that in 1933. Trump is openly disdainful of democracy as is many of his supporters. He is taking active and very visible measures to suppress the vote as well as inviting foreign powers to interfere and tamper with elections. His followers support his actions totally.

As long as I can remember in my own life, voting was taught to be a cherished civic duty to pretty much all Americans. Now I am seeing something new, an open contempt for free and fair elections, and it is a view being held by those in positions of power. That is a scary thing. It is always said, usually hyperbolically, that the present election for any given year is 'the most important election of your lifetime.' In truth, that might have been in 2016, since democracy in the USA has already withered. I think the only way that the next election ends positively for democracy in the USA is if it is an absolute incontestable blow-out in Biden's favor. I think that it must be that way since so many ballots will go uncounted for destroyed, so that even after all the voter suppression and rigging, that it still can't be denied that Biden won.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Hitler never really pretended to be something that he wasn't when the Nazi party ran for control of the government with him as leader in 1932. He openly said that democracy was a weakness and that he would destroy it as it exists. Of course, he did just that in 1933. Trump is openly disdainful of democracy as is many of his supporters. He is taking active and very visible measures to suppress the vote as well as inviting foreign powers to interfere and tamper with elections. His followers support his actions totally.

As long as I can remember in my own life, voting was taught to be a cherished civic duty to pretty much all Americans. Now I am seeing something new, an open contempt for free and fair elections, and it is a view being held by those in positions of power. That is a scary thing. It is always said, usually hyperbolically, that the present election for any given year is 'the most important election of your lifetime.' In truth, that might have been in 2016, since democracy in the USA has already withered. I think the only way that the next election ends positively for democracy in the USA is if it is an absolute incontestable blow-out in Biden's favor. I think that it must be that way since so many ballots will go uncounted for destroyed, so that even after all the voter suppression and rigging, that it still can't be denied that Biden won.
Love you Shady, but there is no way Trump can “legitimately“ lose this election.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Love you Shady, but there is no way Trump can “legitimately“ lose this election.
More likely there is no way he can legitimately win this election, and his efforts to cheat his way in could well be successful....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The problem is that given his efforts to suppress mail-in ballots, his encouragement of foreign powers to tamper with campaigning and voting machines, his sabotaging of the FEC, even if he did actually win the most electoral votes, his legitimacy would be doubted. You will know how much election fraud occurred based on the mismatch of official voting results versus exit polls.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis