Integra Research RDC-7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Some of your posts listed you as registered, which you said you were, and now you're unregistered&quot;

I know what you meant. Now, what I meant by &quot;?&quot; was what the f--- do you want?

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>&quot;Some of your posts listed you as registered, which you said you were, and now you're unregistered&quot;

I know what you meant. Now, what I meant by &quot;?&quot; was what the f--- do you want?

R</font>
<font color='#000000'>Considering that's the first time you've come anywhere near being offensive in your posts, much less profanity, I'm thinking you've inferred something sinister that isn't there. &nbsp;I was merely curious.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sunfire did it twice, why wouldn't IR be able to do it? Note that the Sunfire processors were not even advertised as being &quot;future-proof&quot; and yet Sunfire decided to offer trade-in programs.</td></tr></table>

Considering the fact that Sunfire puts about $100 worth of parts in their processors, it makes sense for them to offer a trade up program. &nbsp;Note the TGIV only so called upgrades are Component Video Upconversion and PLIIx. &nbsp;It seems rather unusual nobody is complaining about that.</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sunfire did it twice, why wouldn't IR be able to do it? Note that the Sunfire processors were not even advertised as being &quot;future-proof&quot; and yet Sunfire decided to offer trade-in programs.
Considering the fact that Sunfire puts about $100 worth of parts in their processors, it makes sense for them to offer a trade up program.  Note the TGIV only so called upgrades are Component Video Upconversion and PLIIx.  It seems rather unusual nobody is complaining about that.</font></td></tr></table>
<font color='#000000'>That's simple; this thread is reserved for RDC-7 complainers.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Considering the fact that Sunfire puts about $100 worth of parts in their processors&quot;

1. What makes you think that Integra Research is any different?

2. I did listen to the TG3 and it sounded really great, if they can make it sound that good for $100 they are geniuses.

My point is this: Sunfire has offered trade-ins for products they never claimed to be &quot;future-proof&quot;. Integra Research hasn't.

R</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I would like to let you know how good and professional the Integra Research customer service is. Last week I called them 4 times each time asking two simple questions:

Question number 1: Is the Integra Research warranty transferrable?

Twice I was told yes and twice I was told no.

Question number 2: Will IR offer a trade-in program towards the RDC-7.1?

The answers I got were: 2 cathegorical no's, 1 yes with &quot;more info to be posted on our website soon&quot;, 1 &quot;possibly&quot;.

That's what I call stellar customer service! Bravo Integra Research! Keep up the good work!

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>As a counter-point, they have been very responsive to me; I am five for five on timely replies. The contact I've been using was supplied by Razvanel himself. &nbsp;Lincoln has been very consistent in his answers and the time frame for having more answers. &nbsp;I guess I could call repeatedly asking the same question repeatedly, making sure I got different people each time. &nbsp;Of course, if I did that and got different answers, that would only indicate to (un-obsessing) me that they don't really know. &nbsp;But then on the other hand, perhaps they now recognize me and are screwing with me on purpose just for entertainment. &nbsp;People will only take just so much &quot;razzing&quot; before they do that. &nbsp;Human nature 101, I think.</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Here &quot;we&quot; are again departing from our host's purpose for this thread - to make suggestions for IR on what users think they should do for current owners.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;As a counter-point, they have been very responsive to me; I am five for five on timely replies&quot;

I remember that on the AVS forum you were complaining that that you were being ignored.

&quot;The contact I've been using was supplied by Razvanel himself. &nbsp;Lincoln has been very consistent in his answers and the time frame for having more answers.&quot;

Lincoln is the only one who cares. I'm talking about the Customer Service Dept as a whole. As a whole, they are quite unprofessional.

&quot;But then on the other hand, perhaps they now recognize me and are screwing with me on purpose just for entertainment&quot;

And I suggest that some of them are fired, just for entertainment!

In fact I will e-mail and send a registered letter to the president of Onkyo USA, Mr. Miyagi, telling him how professional his customer service department is. I can't wait to hear from him.

R</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Here &quot;we&quot; are again departing from our host's purpose for this thread - to make suggestions for IR on what users think they should do for current owners&quot;

Human nature 102.

IR has got enough feedback from us. Now it's time for them to tell us what they are going to do.

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>It took a week for a first response, but I was not yet an owner. &nbsp;Once I registered, all inquiriies were answered the same day. &nbsp;At one point, I had almost an &quot;IM-like&quot; conversation. &nbsp;I think it is a splendid idea to communicate one's dissatisfaction to the queso grande!</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
Guest : <font color='#000000'>IR has got enough feedback from us. Now it's time for them to tell us what they are going to do.

R</font>
<font color='#000000'>I thought that they had enough feedback days or even weeks ago and I have no doubt that they are working on their policy even as we gripe, er . . speak.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;It took a week for a first response, but I was not yet an owner&quot;

Who cares if you are an owner or not? All people should be treated professionally. That's what the Integra CSR's are paid for, that's their job. I'll make sure Mr. Miyagi knows how professional his employees are.

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I would not conclude from one incident that somebody was not doing their job, much less conclude that an entire company is unprofessional. &nbsp;Perhaps there was an email problem; it could have been any number of things other than sloppy performance.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I am talking about the customer service dept only, not about the whole company. It's unacceptable to get different answers to the same question. That is unprofessional.

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
Guest : <font color='#000000'>I am talking about the customer service dept only, not about the whole company. It's unacceptable to get different answers to the same question. That is unprofessional.

R</font>
<font color='#000000'>It's &quot;un-something&quot; - maybe unprofessional. &nbsp;If they don't know, they should say so. &nbsp;However, back to Human Nature 101 (or 102), people generally don't like to say they don't know; it makes them look &lt;heh, heh&gt; &nbsp;. . unprofessional. &nbsp;So they give their best guess, or what they heard the next CSR say (who might've made it up) or just old information. &nbsp;If the head doesn't know what it's doing, how can any other part? &nbsp;I have no idea. &nbsp;Why don't you ask Lincoln?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Why don't you ask Lincoln?&quot;

When I last e-mailed him he e-mailed back to me saying that the people working for his department could &quot;answer any questions or concerns that you may have&quot;. I wanted to see if that was true or not.

R</font>

pepar

pepar

Junior Audioholic
Guest : <font color='#000000'>&quot;Why don't you ask Lincoln?&quot;

When I last e-mailed him he e-mailed back to me saying that the people working for his department could &quot;answer any questions or concerns that you may have&quot;. I wanted to see if that was true or not.

R</font>
<font color='#000000'>You seem to be a straightforward person, email him with your &quot;findings&quot; and ask him why isn't everybody on the same page.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Considering the fact that Sunfire puts about $100 worth of parts in their processors, it makes sense for them to offer a trade up program.&quot;

Actually, pointing out Sunfire's trade-in program is highly salient specifically b/c of price point. &nbsp;Some folks over on AVS chose to defend IR if they should choose to leave RDC7 owners high and dry. &nbsp;Some of us tried pointing out other examples of companies offering upgrades and tradeins on their pre/pros, and one of the most common counter arguments was &quot;well sure, company X can offer a trade in b/c they charge so much for the product.&quot;

Well, here's a product (the Sunfire) that is very much in the price ballpark with the RDC7. &nbsp;Thanks for pointing that out Raz.

As for the *value* of the Sunfire, I can't speak to it specifically, though they seem fairly well regarded.

BTW, Lexicon recently ended a tradein promotion whereby they'd give you either $1500 or $3000 credit (depending on the original MSRP of the unit being traded) toward the MC8 or MC12. &nbsp;And you could trade in ANY pre-pro - not just Lex units.

Theta Casablanca I -&gt; II was about $1200 if I recall correctly.
CB II -&gt; III is about $2k.

TM</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>&quot;Some of us tried pointing out other examples of companies offering upgrades and tradeins on their pre/pros, and one of the most common counter arguments was &quot;well sure, company X can offer a trade in b/c they charge so much for the product&quot;

Even tiny Fosgate announced that they will offer a reasonable trade-in program. Note that their processor - MSRP $3000 - was never advertised as being future-proof and yet they will take care of their current customers. Integra Rersearch should learn from Fosgate what customer service is all about.

R</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis