Integra DTC-9.8 Three-Zone Preamplifier/Processor Introduced

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
Why am I a bad guy here? I woke up this morning, saw a post that I wanted to respond to, and responded. I don't even know what stepping on a post means, but that's the first time anyone has mentioned it, and the first time that I'm aware that I ever had a post follow one from surveyor. I apologized because I apparently upset someone for something, but now I'm getting bashed for my apology. I don't recall ever snapping at you Dave, so I don't understand your post at all. However, I will apologize to you, as well in the event that I also upset you. My intentions in this forum are never to offend people. Rather, I just want to enjoy the dialogue, try to learn, and possibly help where I can.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahhh, right on. Sorry, I didn't catch the AoD reference. I remember a lot of that movie, but forgot that part. I thought that you were calling me a liar. I was a little tired this morning, apparently. :eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhh, right on. Sorry, I didn't catch the AoD reference. I remember a lot of that movie, but forgot that part. I thought that you were calling me a liar. I was a little tired this morning, apparently. :eek:

This thread reminded me that I don't have a DVD copy of AoD. I just went out and bought one today. I've got a small DVD collection, but a lot of the classics, Holy Grail, Spinal Tap, Blues Brothers, Princess Bride, etc.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So in what category would you put Integra in as far as gear?

Budget
Mid-Fi
Hi-End

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Here's my take.
Price wise- Mid Fi
Features and Specs- High End

M

Maxsunset

Audiophyte
Has anyone listened to this processor yet? I just hooked my folks up with an inexpensive Integra stereo receiver connected to a pair of small Era speakers, and the system sounds great! I would like to know how the Integra processors compare to either Rotel's, NAD's, etc...

Feature and price wise, this thing's HOT. I know of no other processors out there that can (finally!) decode the next-gen Dolby and DTS formats...

K

kraftyjamie

Audiophyte
:mad:BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REON PROCESSOR CONTROL OR AUDYSSEY PRO SOFTWARE….READ. NOTE: AUDYSSEY PRO WAS PART OF THE DTR-9.8 SPEC ON THE INTEGRA WEBSITE…..

“The DTR-8.8 has a Picture Control Menu that gives the user control over the Reon processor. The Onkyo TX-NR905 also has this...it was clearly a "last minute" addition for the Onkyo unit, as the manual does not have this feature in it. They threw an addendum with that info into the box!

Also, contrary to previous reports, the Audyssey Pro software is not compatible with the DTC-9.8. It is compatible with the DTR-8.8.”

I canceled my 9.8 order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Your are incorrect. The 9.8 & 8.8 are identical in features. The Audyssey Pro software is fully operational. Where are you getting your info? Because they are wrong.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I just hooked my folks up with an inexpensive Integra stereo receiver connected to a pair of small Era speakers, and the system sounds great!
You're a good son. They want you to choose their retirement home.

TRT

TRT

Junior Audioholic
Has anyone listened to this processor yet? I just hooked my folks up with an inexpensive Integra stereo receiver connected to a pair of small Era speakers, and the system sounds great! I would like to know how the Integra processors compare to either Rotel's, NAD's, etc...

Feature and price wise, this thing's HOT. I know of no other processors out there that can (finally!) decode the next-gen Dolby and DTS formats...
Lot's of evals comming in on http://www.avsforum.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis