Integra DTC-9.8 Three-Zone Preamplifier/Processor Introduced

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Thanks rmk and adk highlander. I have a separate 5 channel amp so if I bought the Onkyo receiver over the Integra pre/pro, I would need to use its preamp outs assuming the Onkyo has these.

89 VT HOKIES

Audiophyte
I am in the process of determing whether to upgrade from a Denon 5805CI to the Integra or Onkyo pre/pro and the Emotiva IPS-1. I was wondering if anyone in here feels this is an upgrade, downgrade or about the same in sound quality.

I have dove in pretty deep to BD and HD DVD and was a big fan of letting the player decode the audio formats and send them out as multi channel PCM via HDMI but to this day I have only watched BD and HD DVD and have not used any of the added features found in these formats so therefore why not have the pre/pro do the decoding.

How is the build quality of the Integra and Onkyo? Does anyone know what dacs they use?

At the same time of doing this I am going to purchase the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 speakers for a 7.2 set up. Does anyone run the Integra or Onkyo with the Emotiva amp and Klipsch speakers preferably the Ultra 2 speakers?

Thanks for the replies.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks rmk and adk highlander. I have a separate 5 channel amp so if I bought the Onkyo receiver over the Integra pre/pro, I would need to use its preamp outs assuming the Onkyo has these.
The Onkyo we are discussing is the Onkyo Pro PR-SC885P which has the same rear panel connections as the Integra and it is a pre-amp with no amps. If you were looking at a comparible Onkyo receiver then the 875 or 905 would be the correct models. Hope this helps.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
The Onkyo we are discussing is the Onkyo Pro PR-SC885P which has the same rear panel connections as the Integra and it is a pre-amp with no amps. If you were looking at a comparible Onkyo receiver then the 875 or 905 would be the correct models. Hope this helps.
OK, Thanks. I wasn't aware Onkyo had a "professional" line. I wonder if unlike Integra these can be purchased online.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
OK, Thanks. I wasn't aware Onkyo had a "professional" line. I wonder if unlike Integra these can be purchased online.
There are a few places to buy online but they are more expensive than many local dealers. Follow the link rmk supplied and see if there is a dealer in your area to call.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Thanks guys, looks like there is a dealer somewhat close by. I'll check into the cost of the Onkyo vs. the Integra. I still have an old Onkyo surround receiver (pre Dolby Digital). Still works like a charm but i am just using for Stereo now in a different room.

K

klondike

Audioholic Intern
Just picked up one of these Integra 9.8's. I am pretty stoked. I am hoping I will have some time to hook it up soon. :D:D:D

F

frostbyte

Audioholic
Awesome Klondike!! Congrats. Let us know what you think of it once you get it set up and tested.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Another happy Integra 9.8 user

Just picked up one of these Integra 9.8's. I am pretty stoked. I am hoping I will have some time to hook it up soon. :D:D:D
Be sure and report your impressions.:cool:

I have really been impressed with the DCT 9.8. I now have all four of my audio/video sources running though the 9.8 via HDMI (I have lots of nice analog audio and RGB video cables available if anyone’s interested;)). The SQ is as good as any Pre/Pro I have used and the Video is spot on regardless of source or display (I have two displays being driven by the 9.8 but not simultaneously). I am not experiencing any voice sync or other issues with the 9.8. Switching sources does cause some brief sync delay but nothing I can’t live with.

All and all, I am thrilled with the 9.8. It works as advertised and has lived up to my considerable expectations.

D

dhitoshi

Audiophyte
:mad:BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REON PROCESSOR CONTROL OR AUDYSSEY PRO SOFTWARE….READ. NOTE: AUDYSSEY PRO WAS PART OF THE DTR-9.8 SPEC ON THE INTEGRA WEBSITE…..

“The DTR-8.8 has a Picture Control Menu that gives the user control over the Reon processor. The Onkyo TX-NR905 also has this...it was clearly a "last minute" addition for the Onkyo unit, as the manual does not have this feature in it. They threw an addendum with that info into the box!

Also, contrary to previous reports, the Audyssey Pro software is not compatible with the DTC-9.8. It is compatible with the DTR-8.8.”

I canceled my 9.8 order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
The units originally had firmware V1.01 and there is a firmware update V1.04 which addresses the issues of not being able to control the Reon processor!
Anyone who buys a unit because they see Audyssey Pro usually does not research what this entails. I sell Denon, Onkyo, Integra, Harman Kardon, and at the last Denon training they explained that Audyssey Pro is for making more revenue at the dealer level. First, you need the Audyssey pro software and microphone $350.00 dealer cost (I only list dealer cost because the mic and sofware are not available for consumers to buy, does not matter how much you beg your dealer, Audyssey, Denon or Onkyo), next step: purchase key to unlock Audyssey Pro $125.00 (these are specific keys for serial number of unit being calibrated) labor cost: 2 hours @$95.00 hour at the store I work at. Oh, and again, Audyysey Pro is can only be accessed by an authorized dealer/installer!!!!!
Most people have sticker shock after they find out Audyssey Pro adds $315.00 to the cost of a Denon 3808ci or 4308ci or any other AVR that offers Audyssey Pro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Onkyo TX-NR901 (used as preamp) Audioquest Columbia 48vDBS used for all pre-outs
(2)Harman Kardon AVR7000 (used as slave amps by removing the pre-out/amp-in jumpers)
Panamax M5400-PM (this unit has voltage regulation/linear filtration so most my gear plugs into this)
Panamax M5400-EX (ran out of outlets so still have a use for this Panamax)
Denon DVD-2910: Audioquest: King Cobra's for 6 channel analog outs, Optilink3 for toslink out
Onkyo DX-C390: Audioquest: Optilink5
Pioneer D-605 laserdisc player: Audioquest VDM-3 digital coax
Playstation 3 60GB: Audioquest: Optilink5
XBox360 with HD-DVD drive: Audioquest Optilink1
Paradigm Reference Studio 40's, CC570, Studio 20's for surrounds, Ultracube 12
Audioquest for all speakers: CV-4 48vDBS for fronts, CV-4 no DBS for surrounds, Sub-3 DBS

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis