If you had 5k-7k$……

M

mx416

Audioholic
very interesting. I wonder why the reciever always try’s to upmix to DD+Dolby surround. Wonder if it has something to do with the two subs.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
very interesting. I wonder why the reciever always try’s to upmix to DD+Dolby surround. Wonder if it has something to do with the two subs.
I don’t belive so. I’ve two subwoofers myself for some years but I seem to recall I had even when I had only one subwoofer, not sure, though

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generally with the Denon avr it will play that particular codec in the last sound mode you changed it to.....So if you used DS with DD+ it can repeat that in the future. Dual subs wouldn't have anything to do with it that I can think of.....

M

mx416

Audioholic
Appreciate the responses. I will try to get it recognizing the last played as DD and see what happens .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Generally with the Denon avr it will play that particular codec in the last sound mode you changed it to.....So if you used DS with DD+ it can repeat that in the future. Dual subs wouldn't have anything to do with it that I can think of.....
It’s a bug that I recall was talked a little about on AVS some years ago for my model of Denon.

The receiver should not show that (upmixing to nonexistent output channels), and on my receiver when I push the Movie sound button it will go to the correct mode. From then on I can’t cycle back to the wrong upmixing mode shown earlier.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis