I will never order from monoprice again!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Payment does not matter. Registering with them gives you an account and you can check out your orders. It’s handy if you want to reorder something, especially cables. No hunting around site for them since you have a record of them in your account.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did see that, and that's why I had patience, but I mean it's 10-11 days not. 5-7 days passed quite a few days ago. I sent them 3 emails, but 2 were from this morning and just a few hours ago. I mean am I being unreasonable here?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
It says 5-7 business days, not calendar....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I ordered a monoprice RCA cable on Amazon on 8/29/21 and it was delivered on 8/30/21. I've never had any issues with anything from monoprice.

I've ordered a few things from various websites using amazonpay and I have not had any issues so far.

Perhaps I'm buying too much monoprice stuff and depleting their inventory before you get to it!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I just registered and indeed the order does show up, it says payment method Amazon payments, and it's "in process".
Either way this is piss poor customer service. It should never take 2 weeks to receive HDMI cables. Also no response to email there is no excuse for.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, not a perfect transaction, but s#%t happens. Save the rage for the non working cables.;)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a bride a few years ago. She never showed up.:confused: I should have paid for the insurance.:mad:

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, not a perfect transaction, but s#%t happens. Save the rage for the non working cables.;)
Well at least I know the order is somewhere in the system. I would definitely would be hesitant to buy something expensive like speakers or subs. Just because it should ship pretty quickly especially something expensive.
SVS orders are lightening quick even with Amazon payments.
By the way the 8k cables there are super cheap too. I only on 4k with no plans to go 8k. Any advantage to use 8k HDMI cables? Any disadvantage? Should be compatible right? I was thinking of just buying the 8k HDMI cables for the hell of it but went 4k only.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a bride a few years ago. She never showed up.:confused: I should have paid for the insurance.:mad:
Can you use Amazon payments for a bride?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You know, it’s not a bad idea to get the 8k cables. But, any cable one gets should have the Premium Certified label for 4K cables or the Ultra Certified label for 8K cables. Now that I think about it, maybe I used the Diners Club card for the bride. You might try Amazon.:p

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I be ordered from them
Directly as a registered user and have had good and bad shipping with them but the product is always top notch . The last year has been hard on the audio industry on every level on everything involved.

I’ve had better luck buying there cables threw Amazon than from them directly it seems it always takes 3 weeks to 4 weeks on some items with little updates on the progress of the shipping . But they do show up .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You know, it’s not a bad idea to get the 8k cables. But, any cable one gets should have the Premium Certified label for 4K cables or the Ultra Certified label for 8K cables. Now that I think about it, maybe I used the Diners Club card for the bride. You might try Amazon.:p
Ya know I didn't look for the premium sticker on these HDMI cables I just bought from monoprice but I just assumed anything fun monoprice would be quality. I'm sure they are just fine, I'll look to see if it says premium certified.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
These are what I ordered, https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3992

They look pretty good, but I don't see premium certified. I'm sure they will be fine but if you think not so much, I'll cancel and reorder premium certified and maybe 8k for the heck of it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
No, don’t cancel ‘em! You won’t get a reorder until Easter!:eek:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Monoprice doesn't have the best "I got to talk to a human" system, and with what's going on with them atm moving warehouses or whatever it's not too surprising. I went through something similar, but I had my hand out begging for a replacement for a very expensive amp I blew up and it was completely my fault. I waited, completely in the dark for about 2 weeks for so much as a confirmation. It sucked, but in the end they replaced a Monolith 7 amplifier that I stupidly blew up, free of charge, no shipping fees, no questions asked.

I can't hate on Monoprice man.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I feel bad for your situation. This is not typical for Monoprice for sure and shouldn't really be something that you should judge them entirely by. Yes, it's bad. But, you can see from everyone else who has ordered from them in the past that this is also unusual. Every order I've placed with them over the years has always been sent out within a few days and I've received the product within two weeks. I can't tell you how many orders I've placed with them over the years, but it has amounted to thousands of dollars. Tons of speakers, speaker wire, HDMI cables, and various gadgets. They've been just great.

You are likely to hear a lot of people saying the same thing about them over and over. But, it doesn't mean that they don't fail, and sometimes pretty hard, for some people from time to time.

Really sucks if you need the cable to get something completed or put together and they aren't doing themselves any favors by not responding quickly. Hopefully your email system isn't blocking their responses to you.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I ordered hdmi cables from Monoprice a few years ago. Can’t recall if I used the Amazon payment or not but probably did. They arrived with no issues.

I’ve also ordered them off of Amazon’s website directly in the past year and that was super fast ordering directly from Amazon. :)

V

viorelc

Audioholic Intern
I order most stuff on Amazon, purely based on my understanding of the Amazon model and the large power/coverage they have in moving products around. Amazon had multiple models, and it pays to be aware of them. Monoprice (like most manufacturers) do not come close to the warehouse presence of Amazon across the US. Depending on which exact product listing you purchase (of the same product, say a Monoprice cable), it could be sold “by Amazon” or various 3rd party merchants selling on Amazon, with Monoprice itself being a possible merchant. Then the product could be fulfilled by Amazon or directly by the merchant (again, Monoprice being a possibility). Being fulfilled by Amazon generally implies that the item is somewhere in an Amazon warehouse, which my experience showed it makes for getting the item sooner or just with more transparency towards me. Mostly because of the power of the software driving most of what Amazon does.

Is there anything wrong with Monoprice or others? I don’t believe there is, maybe only the fact that Amazon and others changed our expectations to “click here, move towards the front door to take the goods inside.” I too ordered from SVS, and while it was a happy experience, it took a bit of time and did not have all the details of the progress, the way Amazon (and maybe others) conditioned me lately.

Here is another side of this. Number of employees. Amazon: over 1.2 million. Monoprice: about 400. How many should there be dedicated to answering emails, phone calls, preparing orders etc? Amazon has 110 fulfillment centers in the US alone, I counted almost 30 in California. How many do we expect from Monoprice with their 400 employees? Maybe my numbers are off, but still …

This is not about comparing companies, just about managing expectations and maybe choices when we purchase. Different needs or preferences need to be mixed with our expectations, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I ordered a few small items from MP maybe a month back, and saw the same "be patient, warehouse work in progress" message when I ordered.

It did take a while to get tracking for 1 box, and I never got tracking for the 2nd box. The 2nd one actually showed up before the box that had the tracking info. Both did take a bit longer to arrive than when I have ordered from them in years past, but it was not an unreasonable wait.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Still hasn't shipped. It's going on 2 weeks now with no email, no order status, no shipping. I don't think it's me at this point. I hope they don't do this with others orders expensive speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis