I will never order from monoprice again!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I've always heard great things about Monoprice, I love what they have been doing with stepping up their speaker and sub offerings to high levels. I needed a few 4K HDMI cables so I thought why not buy from them. Excellent prices too of course.
Ordered on August 30th, Amazon payments went through on August 31. Not one update about order status or shipping info, absolutely nothing. I have emailed them 2 times now with no answer at all. I wouldn't order from them again for anything.
Say what you want about SVS but they would never, ever treat a customer this way. You may not be the cheapest but you get custom service. This is a joke with monoprice.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow. Sorry to hear. Never had a lack of response. Not always the fastest to ship but no BS like that.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. Sorry to hear. Never had a lack of response. Not always the fastest to ship but no BS like that.
I'm wondering if it because I used Amazon payments? I don't know but it's really ridiculous. I just sent a DM via Twitter. Let's see if I get a response.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So, through Amazon or directly?
Directly from monoprice just using Amazon payments. It's extremely convenient, it just charges your Amazon credit card or in my case Amazon store card.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, you ordered online and, after payment, did not get an order confirmation number on the screen? No tracking email sent?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've never had a problem with many orders from Monoprice, but I never used Amazon Payments either. All of my shipments have been prompt and I've experienced no BS. More importantly is that everything I've ever had from them was tip-top and it all worked. No fuss, no muss.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So, you ordered online and, after payment, did not get an order confirmation number on the screen? No tracking email sent?
I got an email from monoprice with the order details when I first made the order. I got an email from Amazon that payment was being transferred monoprice. The next day on August 31 I got another email from Amazon payments that payment was complete. Since then nothing from monoprice. Amazon's job is done, it's just how is paid. They don't have enough to do with the product or shipping, just payment for the product.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I've never had a problem with many orders from Monoprice, but I never used Amazon Payments either. All of my shipments have been prompt and I've experienced no BS. More importantly is that everything I've ever had from them was tip-top and it all worked. No fuss, no muss.
Even if something was messed up, why haven't I received an email in return for the now 3 I have sent? Absolutely nothing?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Did you register with Monoprice? You can login and check order status.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Did you register with Monoprice? You can login and check order status.
No, you don't have to even you use Amazon payments. That's the beauty of using the service. SVS accepts Amazon payments, PSA, Aperion, lots of places do. You will see a little Amazon payments banner where it's accepted.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
No, I get it. If you register with Monoprice you can login and check out your pending and fulfilled orders. Though, I just noticed something on their site. Did you happen to see it when placing your order?
92A66D9C-531E-468D-AA40-F3C1A0F636E8.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I got an email from monoprice with the order details when I first made the order. I got an email from Amazon that payment was being transferred monoprice. The next day on August 31 I got another email from Amazon payments that payment was complete. Since then nothing from monoprice. Amazon's job is done, it's just how is paid. They don't have enough to do with the product or shipping, just payment for the product.

If like some info I've gotten from Amazon, it's worthless. I'd still want to hear from Monoprice, who I've never had an issue with fwiw. I don't use strange payment methods either :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
No, I get it. If you register with Monoprice you can login and check out your pending and fulfilled orders. Though, I just noticed something on their site. Did you happen to see it when placing your order?
View attachment 50219
I did see that, and that's why I had patience, but I mean it's 10-11 days not. 5-7 days passed quite a few days ago. I sent them 3 emails, but 2 were from this morning and just a few hours ago. I mean am I being unreasonable here?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
If like some info I've gotten from Amazon, it's worthless. I'd still want to hear from Monoprice, who I've never had an issue with fwiw. I don't use strange payment methods either :)
It's not a strange payment methods, it's just using your Amazon CC or Store card. It's literally a service that thousands of companies use.
Oh wait come to think of it I used Amazon payments to buy my PB2000 Pro last spring with no issue.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It can be frustrating for sure. So, did you register or make the purchase as a guest? If you registered and received an order number, look it up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd try phoning them and not rely on email....

It's not a strange payment methods, it's just using your Amazon CC or Store card. It's literally a service that thousands of companies use.
Oh wait come to think of it I used Amazon payments to buy my PB2000 Pro last spring with no issue.

LOL just kidding to an extent but to me any credit from a retailer is a strange payment method. Amazon is as large as some banks/credit card companies I suppose but have just never used them for financial services. I'd never heard of Amazon payments. I have had bad info from Amazon customer service a coupla times, tho

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It can be frustrating for sure. So, did you register or make the purchase as a guest? If you registered and received an order number, look it up.
I didn't register, you don't have to when you use Amazon payments. Maybe I'll do that after the fact now and see what happens.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'd try phoning them and not rely on email....

LOL just kidding to an extent but to me any credit from a retailer is a strange payment method. Amazon is as large as some banks/credit card companies I suppose but have just never used them for financial services. I'd never heard of Amazon payments. I have had bad info from Amazon customer service a coupla times, tho
Amazon payments is kinda the only way I buy things, especially large purchases. I'm waiting for RSL speakers to add it as they said soon they will be accepting it. When they do I'll be ordering 2-3 CG5's. I love using it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis