B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
I am planning to do a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 If budget allows, since I have paradigm , should I only buy paradigm, will mixing the other speakers have any issues , can Any only suggest a brand that will work reasonably well with paradigm? I am having issues finding a retailer for paradigm in Dallas , Tx area

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
Also another question on curtain, one side of the media room is open game room converted , is there some curtain that will absorb sound ( currently I use regular curtain) I am think that what I need ?

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
What about the others like DTS Neo:X and Audyssey DSX 7ch options, those don't share space in Dolby avrs now?
Thank you for installation guide , I think you are right hd ; about the Cross over frequency , Keeping the LCR @ 40 hz is better but the bass effect is less.. how can I calibrate, this to my HT room , is there guide I can go through and do a setup the subs properly and do more adjustments , also My room is not regular room so do I need an extra Sub to boost the bass..(I have the left wall open to the ground floor , i have drapes there when I listen also the ceiling is not flat is like /---\ ) If adding the sub is better I will do the Atmos for later.. Thank you all for all the help

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As to Paradigm speakers matching up to surrounds or atmos speakers, you'd have to ask Paradigm if they have anything that particularly matches up best but usually surrounds aren't nearly as critical as the LCR speakers to be matched. I am totally unfamiliar with what's available for in-ceiling spakers, tho, never had one.

As to a curtain, heavy drapes may help in the upper frequencies but low frequencies will pass through easily; if you're trying to contain the sound in the partitioned area a curtain can only do so much.

Did you experiment more with DynamicEQ and make sure DynamicVolume is off? That can help a lot with lower frequencies. Otherwise I'd try raising the subwoofer level in the avr by 3dB or so and see if that helps. You may have a poor position for your sub....how did you determine the positioning for it?

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
The Denon AVR-X4300H (the current model is AVR-X4400H) suggested has better specs than the Marantz SR6012. I would definitely consider it a better choice for the same or less money.
Thank you,
Bill C
When Peng recommends an AVR, its gonna be a great choice. You can usually stop shopping and start buying at that point. Any more shopping is going to be superfluous. Peng recommended a Denon x4200w when I was in the market earlier to me after we did the requirements dance. Its freakin' awesome. Best amp/avr I've ever owned. That's my 2 cents. Enjoy whatever you end up getting.

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
Bill C
When Peng recommends an AVR, its gonna be a great choice. You can usually stop shopping and start buying at that point. Any more shopping is going to be superfluous. Peng recommended a Denon x4200w when I was in the market earlier to me after we did the requirements dance. Its freakin' awesome. Best amp/avr I've ever owned. That's my 2 cents. Enjoy whatever you end up getting.
Thank you I brought the x4300 I am good with this, I am trying to dial in also my room so it would sound good

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
As to Paradigm speakers matching up to surrounds or atmos speakers, you'd have to ask Paradigm if they have anything that particularly matches up best but usually surrounds aren't nearly as critical as the LCR speakers to be matched. I am totally unfamiliar with what's available for in-ceiling spakers, tho, never had one.

As to a curtain, heavy drapes may help in the upper frequencies but low frequencies will pass through easily; if you're trying to contain the sound in the partitioned area a curtain can only do so much.

Did you experiment more with DynamicEQ and make sure DynamicVolume is off? That can help a lot with lower frequencies. Otherwise I'd try raising the subwoofer level in the avr by 3dB or so and see if that helps. You may have a poor position for your sub....how did you determine the positioning for it?
Thank you hd

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What about the others like DTS Neo:X and Audyssey DSX 7ch options, those don't share space in Dolby avrs now?
Can’t say about the Audyssey modes(dsx7) but the dts upsampler is neuralx. It supposed to work similar to dsu but I’ve read a lot of reports where it is highly source dependent on its effectiveness.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you I brought the x4300 I am good with this, I am trying to dial in also my room so it would sound good
Congrats bill. That’s a good choice. I’m also looking really hard at the 4300, but I think I missed all the 799.99 deals out there. I guess it’s A4L for me. Unless @Digital dawn still has some after the new year comes in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis