B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
i have a nad Av T755 receiver out if warranty and current not working brought in 2009, took to the authorized repair and said need to replace The dsp board 700$ , I was looking for in the market looks like Marantz SR6012 is available for1499 is this a good replacement for what I had , any other advice is greatly appreciate, I liked the nad I had

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
That looks great is Denon a good choice? Thank you for the info

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
I want to add that the paradigm studio 100 V.5 left and right center studio cc-690 v.5 they are rated for look like 200w will that change any thing , please bare with me , also the room size is 16 x 18 feet will that change any thing

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I want to add that the paradigm studio 100 V.5 left and right center studio cc-690 v.5 they are rated for look like 200w will that change any thing , please bare with me , also the room size is 16 x 18 feet will that change any thing
Pay no attention to the rating as it is meant to be a max burst, even then there isn't a standard for how it would be measured. The denon should have no problem driving your speakers, but if for some reason it clips at moderate volume, you can always add a seperated amp for the mains, and or center. (Doubt that would be the case though)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, as Everett points out, speaker wattage ratings aren't that meaningful. The sensitivity and impedance rating tells you more about how it will work with a particular amp (and you can use an spl calculator to help determine that). What volume levels do you listen at? In any case if the NAD sufficed, I think the Denon would as well and as was said has pre-outs for a power amp, and a much more powerful amp than an avr, which you can still add in for less money than the 1500 you budgeted.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That $700 price to replace the DSP (AM100 or AM200) with the AM250 on your T775 is the current price of the upgrade that gets you Atmos outputs, and it's something most of us could handle ourselves with a small crosspoint screwdriver, a PC and a USB-to-9-pin serial cable. If your servicing dealer is indeed putting in an AM250 for that cost, they're not charging for installation and it's a good deal. If it's just a replacement AM200, that's a waste.

You don't get a new warranty on the whole AVR if you upgrade the DSP, just the AM250 is covered. However, if you later add the VM300 video board you'll essentially have a new T777v3 with BlueOS, Bluetooth, Wireless, and Dirac Live!

On my T758 I had taken advantage of the $200 upgrade option for the original VM120 to the VM130 and they threw in the BlueOS module. Shortly after that upgrade the original DSP unit (AM100) failed. I got a used AM100 from my dealer, it was one out of a T765 that another customer had upgraded to AM200 or AM250. I couldn't afford the $630 for the AM230 at the time, so $50 for a used AM100 was ideal. You might be able to find a used one as well and save some money if you're not needing to go Atmos right now.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That looks great is Denon a good choice? Thank you for the info
The Denon AVR-X4300H (the current model is AVR-X4400H) suggested has better specs than the Marantz SR6012. I would definitely consider it a better choice for the same or less money.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you sit say, 12 ft away and must listen to reference level, you should still be fine with the Denon or Marantz equivalent (SR7011). I expect those D&M AVRs to have power output comparable to that of your T775 based on past bench test data that I have seen.

The Studio 100 V5 can take a lot of power (Max input 230W) but as mentioned, it does not mean you must match them with an amp rated for their "maximum" power input.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I've wondered what the true output of a Denon AVR7200 or Marantz SR7011 is for "all channels driven" I know NAD gives their T775/T777 as 80 watts per channel @ 7 channels driven.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I've wondered what the true output of a Denon AVR7200 or Marantz SR7011 is for "all channels driven" I know NAD gives their T775/T777 as 80 watts per channel @ 7 channels driven.
In addition to HD's links, help yourself to the attached spreadsheet. I sorted them in order of their measured 2 channel driven outputs. The Denon AVR-X7200WA ranked right below the NAD T787. It seems like the older D&M and NAD models performed better on the S&V bench.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In addition to HD's links, help yourself to the attached spreadsheet. I sorted them in order of their measured 2 channel driven outputs. The Denon AVR-X7200WA ranked right below the NAD T787. It seems like the older D&M and NAD models performed better on the S&V bench.
Nice. Might as well add the 5308, which looks like it would head the list, or is it omitted due lack of all the measurements that are provided for the others?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice. Might as well add the 5308, which looks like it would head the list, or is it omitted due lack of all the measurements that are provided for the others?
Agree, I will add that one next. It is sort of work in progress.

B

Bill C

Audioholic Intern
That $700 price to replace the DSP (AM100 or AM200) with the AM250 on your T775 is the current price of the upgrade that gets you Atmos outputs, and it's something most of us could handle ourselves with a small crosspoint screwdriver, a PC and a USB-to-9-pin serial cable. If your servicing dealer is indeed putting in an AM250 for that cost, they're not charging for installation and it's a good deal. If it's just a replacement AM200, that's a waste.

You don't get a new warranty on the whole AVR if you upgrade the DSP, just the AM250 is covered. However, if you later add the VM300 video board you'll essentially have a new T777v3 with BlueOS, Bluetooth, Wireless, and Dirac Live!

On my T758 I had taken advantage of the $200 upgrade option for the original VM120 to the VM130 and they threw in the BlueOS module. Shortly after that upgrade the original DSP unit (AM100) failed. I got a used AM100 from my dealer, it was one out of a T765 that another customer had upgraded to AM200 or AM250. I couldn't afford the $630 for the AM230 at the time, so $50 for a used AM100 was ideal. You might be able to find a used one as well and save some money if you're not needing to go Atmos right now.
Thank you, the Am250 is 700 (you also get 7.1.4 preouts) and also you can do VM300 is 600 (I do not see a need for this now since 4K projectors are still expensive for me if I have to replace) I like the nad I had very much, not sure how good they are these days , I am also worried if issue still come back after I upgrade the vm250

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis