I finally made up my mind on a subwoofer and box combo.

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
So I have studied all of the Marty subs and they all seem great. I want more chest slam in my movies and music. So I am going to go with the Classic MBM 18" with the 18" SAF184.03. The reason I am doing this is because I can't figure out how to make my own box which you guys have told me countless times. I just want a flatpack and be done with it. Would this be my best option for more chest slam? Thank you guys for all your help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So I have studied all of the Marty subs and they all seem great. I want more chest slam in my movies and music. So I am going to go with the Classic MBM 18" with the 18" SAF184.03. The reason I am doing this is because I can't figure out how to make my own box which you guys have told me countless times. I just want a flatpack and be done with it. Would this be my best option for more chest slam? Thank you guys for all your help!
Links?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've heard good things about that driver: the La Voces are solid performers at a reasonable price (for pro drivers). If you aren't chasing infrasonic frequencies, and will be content with a design that should perform from 30Hz on up, then I think its a solid choice.
If you wanted something with more meat on the bones down low, then going with a Marty might be a better option.
That's a decision you need to make for yourself. ;)
Other than that, it will definitely deliver in the mid-bass area, as that is where these pro drivers really excel.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Sub is here:

Box is here:

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
My other 18" hits the low notes just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis