HSU STF-3 or SVS PB-12NSD?

D

dan711

Audioholic Intern
If you want a little more umph! for HT. I say go with the pb12. I have owned the pb12-isd (not nsd) and it was louder and deeper than the vtf-2 it replaced. I own a vtf-3mkll. IMO it bests the pb12-isd by a small margin. I have never heard the stf-3.

Dan

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
dan711 said:
If you want a little more umph! for HT. I say go with the pb12. I have owned the pb12-isd (not nsd) and it was louder and deeper than the vtf-2 it replaced. I own a vtf-3mkll. IMO it bests the pb12-isd by a small margin. I have never heard the stf-3.

Dan
I have played the STF-3 and VTF-3 side by side (I've had the STF-1, an STF-3, and two VTF-3's...all very nice audio pieces.) The VTF is virtually identical (perhaps a tad more oomph thanks to the 50 extra amps) to the STF in max output mode. It does go a wee bit deeper when in max extension mode, but doesn't quite have the visceral impact of the STF (or max output VTF mode) in movies when in this mode.

I've never heard an SVS sub, but hope to, someday. But I gotta tell ya....I have absolutely no reason to change out my Hsu's. I might add turbos at some point, but they're already knockin' down the plaster. These dudes should break windows if cranked up, btw. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
rjbudz said:
I have played the STF-3 and VTF-3 side by side (I've had the STF-1, an STF-3, and two VTF-3's...all very nice audio pieces.) The VTF is virtually identical (perhaps a tad more oomph thanks to the 50 extra amps) to the STF in max output mode. It does go a wee bit deeper when in max extension mode, but doesn't quite have the visceral impact of the STF (or max output VTF mode) in movies when in this mode.

I've never heard an SVS sub, but hope to, someday. But I gotta tell ya....I have absolutely no reason to change out my Hsu's. I might add turbos at some point, but they're already knockin' down the plaster. These dudes should break windows if cranked up, btw. :D
OK, we get it. You like HSU.

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
OK, we get it. You like HSU.

SheepStar
You really need to try harder to contribute to this thread, Sheep. I was trying to answer the comment/question about the comparable performance of STF-3 and VTF-3 subs. I gave my credentials for doing so.

D

DNelms

Enthusiast
Try them both out in your own home and your own system. Both companies offer a trial period to see if you like the product. Prior to purchasing my VTF-3R I listened to 3 different SVS subs and 4 different Hsu subs. Since then I have heard other makes and models and I do not regret my purchase. If you do get a chance, listen to the VTF-3HO with turbo. If you like deep bass, this is the sub for you. I was suprised how musical it was. I feel better for music than HT.

But still, list to both before you buy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis