How risky are used TVs ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Saw an ad for a cheap tv but it’s old and heavy . Plus how do you know inputs work ? Do you gotta ask to see it in use ?
Not sure if 40” size really worth another one . My old one still works from 2010 but this one is higher end .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Don't waste your money. Take the offer posted up here and save up for something demonstrably better.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Don't waste your money. Take the offer posted up here and save up for something demonstrably better.
Ahh old lcd are outdated I guess. 52 pounds a lot ? Today’s TVs are half the weight at 40” .. still better for dvds then plasma
DVDs are blurry on a 4k tv

My laptop died probably cost way too much to fix the power port .. I’m posting on a iPhone not enough money to fix it

This xbr is better then my old Sony lcd

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When was it built? If it was made within two years of 2009, pass- most Sony LCD panels were made by Samsung at that time and they had issues. It's surprising that it still works, to be honest.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
When was it built? If it was made within two years of 2009, pass- most Sony LCD panels were made by Samsung at that time and they had issues. It's surprising that it still works, to be honest.
This one says 2004 possibly
How freakin old is this tv lol 17?
Sony Bravia XBR KDL-40XBR6 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB53NW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_RPGbGbASQWFJ3

Not sure why it’s so damn heavy ... it’s better then the tv IM Using but im not sure it’s worth the hassle of carrying...
My current tv
At this point I’m just wishing I bought a larger more expensive lcd ...

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So what do you think ? Pass or good looking? I can’t figure out what date it was made until . But 2004 model

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No more
Ideas If it’s worth it or pass ?

I guess it’s old

No idea if Samsung made the tv or not

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure the price you are getting or your budget. I find that most processing on new TVs simply blows away the TVs from 10+ years ago. But, I stick with HD content most of the time these days, so I couldn't possibly reference what a DVD looks like on most displays. Only how HD looks.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure the price you are getting or your budget. I find that most processing on new TVs simply blows away the TVs from 10+ years ago. But, I stick with HD content most of the time these days, so I couldn't possibly reference what a DVD looks like on most displays. Only how HD looks.
4k TVs just look terrible when watching cable .
I was wondering if this tv was better then the tv I’m using https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-bravia-kdl-40ex400/
Maybe it’s not worth buying it seems awful bulky . It’s definitely higher end

Maybe if I wait a few years 4k TVs will upconvert cable better I don’t know . $50 is less then the tax on my last tv purchase. Which ended up disappointing.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I waited too long asking on here it sold .
Rip failure

Never Will find a deal that good again

Missed the deal of the year
Might as well not bother looking for any more TVs on Facebook... most the sales are far far away .

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Scum bag sold it , I’ll never find a deal that cheap ... stuck with my junk tv now

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
LCDs made before ~2010 are not something I'd consider purchasing. Honestly, used TVs just aren't worth it unless it's truly something good.

A cheap, used Pioneer Plasma? MAYBE if it's cheap enough. Same with last gen Panasonic Plasmas. Again, it'd have to be pretty cheap since the newest it could possibly be is 2013 or so.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I've seen a couple of Sonys at the thrift stores after I bought my 4K TV. Cable TV looks horrible on any TV, so don't let that rule your judgment. Mine looks excellent on antenna TV. I have not paid for cable in about ten years now.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I've seen a couple of Sonys at the thrift stores after I bought my 4K TV. Cable TV looks horrible on any TV, so don't let that rule your judgment. Mine looks excellent on antenna TV. I have not paid for cable in about ten years now.
Wish a streaming service would just take over cable plans so it wasn’t so blurry ..
I’m using a low end tv to make up for bad cable quality.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
LCDs made before ~2010 are not something I'd consider purchasing. Honestly, used TVs just aren't worth it unless it's truly something good.

A cheap, used Pioneer Plasma? MAYBE if it's cheap enough. Same with last gen Panasonic Plasmas. Again, it'd have to be pretty cheap since the newest it could possibly be is 2013 or so.
Shame it sold so fast , it probably wasn’t a big upgrade on my current Sony ...

I have a 2015 4k tv but it’s collecting dust in basement not being used .. can’t seem to get at & t u verse to look good on it .
Watch nba and football so I’d like to use it eventuality...
I don’t think it will look near as good as my 40” for low quality hd cable .

Cutting cable is not an option right now .
Old lcd vs 2015 led opinions
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=59414&share_tid=120268&url=https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/index.php?threads/Old-lcd-vs-2015-led-opinions-.120268/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Getting a newer model isn’t an option and won’t make u verse look better either .. it sucks clearly

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Wish I could get a bigger tv but 55 was max I could fit in my car ...
Not sure I trust used TVs look how cheap this 65 is

It’s shady they never take pictures with the tv on playing something.... how do you trust Facebook and stuff ??

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's a good deal arrange to see it. 1080p I'm sure.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wish I could get a bigger tv but 55 was max I could fit in my car ...
Not sure I trust used TVs look how cheap this 65 is

It’s shady they never take pictures with the tv on playing something.... how do you trust Facebook and stuff ??

Remember, that profile could be anyone, lots of fake profiles on FB. Debbie could take you for a ride.:D:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis