Sometimes Craigslist blows my mind

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think you were closer to the mark with 60.00 being intended....or they're just going for it, trying to offset their recent utility bills....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I learned one thing this past hour and a half. Facebook has WAY more straight up junk and people who don't seem to give a poop what their stuff looks like in a photo. There's so much dirty, grimy looking crap on there to sift through, and I didn't find 1 single thing that really caught my attention.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some really wishful thinking here... $1549 for a Monolith 7. He's asking for more than I paid for mine brand new!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Some really wishful thinking here... $1549 for a Monolith 7. He's asking for more than I paid for mine brand new!

To be fair they list at $1730 now but they're out of stock. You should look at the used video card market if you want to see crazy prices... People are paying the same price for a used card today that I paid 5 years ago when new, and forget anything new selling near MSRP.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
To be fair they list at $1730 now but they're out of stock. You should look at the used video card market if you want to see crazy prices... People are paying the same price for a used card today that I paid 5 years ago when new, and forget anything new selling near MSRP.
Damn dood. I am so glad I got everything I wanted before poop hit the fan so I'm set for electronics.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
They look cheap af, lol. I have to admit tho, I'd like to hear them set up properly just to experience the intent of the design. I know they're weird about placement.
Compared to what was available back in the day, the 901s weren't terrible. ;) Needed good gear though. I remember the local hi-fi shop had the 901s suspended from the ceiling aiming slightly down towards the floor. They had some pipe organ music playing and I was surprised at how it sounded for a relatively small speaker. A friend also had a pair for playing mostly rock'n'roll. They are worthless without the equalizer, though, which says a lot about how well the "full range" drivers work, and needed to be turned up loud to sound any where near decent.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Damn dood. I am so glad I got everything I wanted before poop hit the fan so I'm set for electronics.
I got lucky in getting a card from a coworker who was like "current prices are nuts, want my old card for half of MSRP?" I was all "Yes, please!"

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Okay, this one is pretty nuts. A set of Infinity reference speakers and all tube electronics for $15k!!

View attachment 45189View attachment 45188

Is that on old Harmon Kardon Citation amp bottom left? Those used to kick ass back in the day!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Ok speaking of bose, this looks like too good a deal to pass up

(2) Marketplace - Bose 100 surround speakers | Facebook
Lmao what are those $100 speakers marked up extra $5900?

These look good

Rust bucket https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/d/canton-silvertone/7282557397.html
Need an engine? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1643457015844044/

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis