How do you power these mid bass modules?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
My sub is right behind my couch pointed in the corner. I want the MBM's nearfield right behind the couch.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My sub is right behind my couch pointed in the corner. I want the MBM's nearfield right behind the couch.
You should really wait till you get your mains first. Dial the system in, then see what is needed. Drop the bill on a usb mic, and take measurements.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I downloaded REW and it seems way too complicated for me.!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Ok thanks ill read it and hopefully figure it out!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I don't have my mains powered by a separate amp. They're being powered by my Onkyo receiver. So how would REW work with that? All I could do is mess with my subwoofer right?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Well the mic is plugged into the AVR HDMI so can I use it for the fronts, center, and surrounds?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Well the mic is plugged into the AVR HDMI so can I use it for the fronts, center, and surrounds?
Measurements yes, eq no. You need outboard amps for the minidsp, so subs and mbms at this time. Which plugin did you get with your minidsp?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I think its the 2.1 way crossover Adv. It has 4 different crossovers. I use #1 for the sub and would use another one for the MBM's powered by 1 amp.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I think its the 2.1 way crossover Adv. It has 4 different crossovers. I use #1 for the sub and would use another one for the MBM's powered by 1 amp.
Yes you can use that IIRC as you can sum the other outputs from the lfe.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
What is IIRC? I have already turned off the AVR's crossover for the sub. The sub is being crossed over at HPF 17hz and the LPF is set at 80hz. Will you help me thru private messaging with my mini dsp and how to use REW with a mic?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
What is IIRC? I have already turned off the AVR's crossover for the sub. The sub is being crossed over at HPF 17hz and the LPF is set at 80hz. Will you help me thru private messaging with my mini dsp and how to use REW with a mic?
Hometheatershack has guides that walk you through it step by step.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Can you send me a link for the REW guide at HTS? Thank you for your time! I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis