How do you power these mid bass modules?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pre-out won't power a passive speaker like that, you need another amp and something to further manage crossover with. If you have sufficient sub you may be able to simply eq it to your liking (if you have the tools to do so). but kick in the chest type output IMO is mostly about high spl.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Can I run the sub pre outs full range and use my mini dsp to take care of the crossover frequencies?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Kind of strange that they give you the front baffle, but the rest of the box is up to you to build!
I'd assume if you could build the box, the baffle is no big deal (circle jigs don't cost much).
But routers do cost a bit....

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Can I run the sub pre outs full range and use my mini dsp to take care of the crossover frequencies?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think a mic and software would be a good thing for you, especially with a minidsp, with the things you want to do splitting up sub signal to a sub vs mbm, especially if you're still using your Onkyo avr for basic crossover, too.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I don't have anyone to help show me how to use the mic with my mini dsp.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I use my mini dsp and crown amp for the crossover settings on my subwoofer.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Not sure what your question is... you're saying my mini dsp and crown amp should be able to take care of the MBM as well as the sub?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what your question is... you're saying my mini dsp and crown amp should be able to take care of the MBM as well as the sub?
Why not? You were planning only to bridge the amp rather than use both channels or?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I am going to do my sub with the mini dsp and crown amp bridged and 2 MBM's with the mini dsp off 1 crown amp in stereo.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis