Help!!! The subwoofer has some strange sound

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's crazy, to expect a sub like that to handle that material. It's not really my flavor of music but the bass is definitely boosted and strong.
That little sub is just plain in over its head.
Deep waters.
Underpowered and undersized.
Not big enough.
Not enough power.
Not tuned to play very deep.
No protective filtering or high pass filter to prevent over extension.

Get a better subwoofer.
I hate to come off as a dikk, especially to a noob, but I feel like it’s just not sinking in.

And yes, all
The points above...again....are true.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Actually I have the same problem with these speakers which are not even a month old and have never been really cranked up. Listen here Edifier s350db noise
What track is this? I’d like to listen to it directly on my system. It’s kinda hard to tell what’s happening on your system but I usually like to hear it in mine, as I know it to be pretty capable. I do listen to music of the same style so I am familiar with this kind of bass.
I’m afraid you are suffering the same issues as the OP. Unfortunately it seems like a poor design. I would return it.

P

Peternz

Audiophyte
What track is this? I’d like to listen to it directly on my system. It’s kinda hard to tell what’s happening on your system but I usually like to hear it in mine, as I know it to be pretty capable. I do listen to music of the same style so I am familiar with this kind of bass.
I’m afraid you are suffering the same issues as the OP. Unfortunately it seems like a poor design. I would return it.
I can't recall exactly what track it was but I have noticed the noise for a while on anything with a lot of base. Initially I thought it was things on a shelf or a drawer just rattling but when I finally decided to sort it out I discovered that it was the sub-woofer itself. I did a better audio recording on another track but this forum won't accept the file as an upload. Try playing Flag by Zamilska. It was doing it on this at relatively low volume.

Fortunately the Amazon marketplace seller is taking them back. I do like them but I'm not sure I want to risk buying them again in case it's just what they do (as others here seem to think). Do you think the Edifier s3000pro would be a noticeable step up? They're certainly a big step up in cost.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all,

I have just bought a new Edifier S350DB speaker. But in some songs, my subwoofer emits some strange sound like rattling sound.
The first song that I played "Infinity Ink - Infinity (Dubdogz & Bhaskar Remix) (Bass Boosted)"
The second song: "Imany feat. Filatov & Karas - Don't Be So Shy"

Does my subwoofer have any problem?

Thanks
Video of the woofer in action would be much more helpful than a still photo with audio.

The only bad sound I heard was in the right channel in the first version of Infinity- that's in the recording.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I can't recall exactly what track it was but I have noticed the noise for a while on anything with a lot of base. Initially I thought it was things on a shelf or a drawer just rattling but when I finally decided to sort it out I discovered that it was the sub-woofer itself. I did a better audio recording on another track but this forum won't accept the file as an upload. Try playing Flag by Zamilska. It was doing it on this at relatively low volume.

Fortunately the Amazon marketplace seller is taking them back. I do like them but I'm not sure I want to risk buying them again in case it's just what they do (as others here seem to think). Do you think the Edifier s3000pro would be a noticeable step up? They're certainly a big step up in cost.
I did listen to the tracks and a bunch of others by zamilska and the only weird noises I heard were intentionally in the mix. I’d say it’s good that the seller will take it back. Can’t comment on their other stuff being a step up off hand since that’s not my market but I’ll go see if the specs tell me anything.
How large is the room? What distance do you listen at? Seems like super loud isn’t a consideration.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So at a quick glance I’d say the 3000 speakers would be better than the 350’s. BUT, would still need a sub. They are listed at 38hz, and if you’re listening to that kind of music often, you won’t be satisfied with a pair bookshelf speakers with 6.5” woofers and no sub.
For 799, there are many better options than both, but the integrated BT connectivity will be tricky to find.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis