highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
All any of these rallies really needs is free beer.

There ... I said it.
Maybe a few roadside stands selling pot brownies and chocolate chip cookies would have made the crowd more mellow.

highfigh

highfigh

Always true. Guns in situations like that are never a good idea.

However, a lot of early protests were crazy violent. Some in NY around working conditions had all sorts of shooting. Granted they were strikes, but same thing really.

At the same time, people going into large protests antagonizing protestors is also a breeding ground for something bad to happen. Macing them is something else entirely.

The guys bringing guns into that situation are itching to use them. Cops should be smart enough to look at these idiots and just say "nope, not happening."
What should the officers do when the rioters throw rocks, bricks, bottles and other things at them- stand there and take it? Assaulting a police officer is also a crime, too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What should the officers do when the rioters throw rocks, bricks, bottles and other things at them- stand there and take it? Assaulting a police officer is also a crime, too.
Good question. Not shoot them would be my answer, but if people are doing that the cops are already in a lose lose situation. They almost should just leave, but that's a bad decision too. I couldn't say what they should do to calm things down.

I would say it'd be a lot better to try to prevent the riots from occuring at all.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
What should the officers do when the rioters throw rocks, bricks, bottles and other things at them- stand there and take it?
They are paid to take it, without shooting people. It's illegal. If they can't take it, find a new job.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
They are paid to take it, without shooting people. It's illegal. If they can't take it, find a new job.
The police also have adequate protection (I hope) and should have good training (doubtful, apparently).

highfigh

highfigh

Good question. Not shoot them would be my answer, but if people are doing that the cops are already in a lose lose situation. They almost should just leave, but that's a bad decision too. I couldn't say what they should do to calm things down.

I would say it'd be a lot better to try to prevent the riots from occuring at all.
How? People are violent, over-reactive, emotional, judgmental and impulsive and those aren't even the criminals.

Or, should the officers take Xanax before they start their shift?

highfigh

highfigh

Bullcrap! Being beaten, shot and injured by thrown objects IS NOT something officers should 'take' and anyone who does those to officers or anyone else should be arrested but they don't need to shoot as often. Acts of violence against the police should be tolerated? What's wrong with you? Would you want to be a cop and "have to take it because it's your job"?

Do you not think many people have become too violent and lack the self control to act in a civilized manner?

Look at the stats- most police violence is the result of violent resistance by those whom they're trying to arrest and over-reaction by officers. You may not like it, but it's true.

Bad cops come in many forms but I think, as I have posted previously, that they need mental health checkups on a regular basis- it would likely prevent a lot of needless deaths because more officers would be found 'unfit for duty' or maybe, they would do more counseling. Not knowing if they will be the victims of violence makes them similar to people in the inner cities in a way.

Jacob Blake shouldn't have been shot, but then, he shouldn't have resisted, either- no officers were in imminent danger at the time but if Blake had been able to drive the car, they may have been. If the cops beat someone, sue the crap out of them. Officers will lose their jobs, but people aren't likely to die from a beating. Fighting with them is not going to go well and when they can call for backup, it just ends up being a horrible situation.

Body cams will be on their way to the Kenosha PD soon (according to the news report)- they had the money, but used it for other things. Sounds like the local "leaders" had their heads in the sand.

highfigh

highfigh

The police also have adequate protection (I hope) and should have good training (doubtful, apparently).
I think training needs to be improved but it's hard to train for unpredictable people, especially when those being arrested are on drugs (no indication that Blake was on drugs, but some of those who recently died in custody were). They also need to improve mental health assessments and do more to remove bad cops.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
How? People are violent, over-reactive, emotional, judgmental and impulsive and those aren't even the criminals.
Sounds like you could be talking about how the cops react as much as the folks they are trying to arrest.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh and here is the Oath of a Police officer. Seems like this is not being upheld my many. Nothing here about shooting people who don't comply. In fact it seems to imply the opposite.

Police officer oath

On my honor, I will never Betray my integrity, my character Or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always maintain the highest ethical standards and uphold the values of my community, and the agency I serve.

highfigh

highfigh

Oh and here is the Oath of a Police officer. Seems like this is not being upheld my many. Nothing here about shooting people who don't comply. In fact it seems to imply the opposite.

Police officer oath

On my honor, I will never Betray my integrity, my character Or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always maintain the highest ethical standards and uphold the values of my community, and the agency I serve.
What would you be thinking about if one or more people are trying to kick your ass, beat you with whatever is handy and/or trying to take your gun (holstered, or not)? Would you recite the oath, calmly ask them to give up or do what's necessary to get out of there alive? What if they're trying to drive over you? What if they're shooting at you? What.Would.You. Do?

highfigh

highfigh

Says the old white dude cheering on armed militia aka gangs of white dudes going to other cities to "protect" some random property from protesters that just happens to be black.
You should watch the videos- a large percentage of the protesters are White, Hispanic and some are Asian. As for the rioters, less video is available.

highfigh

highfigh

I find him completely annoying and as factual as most of the talking heads at Fox News like Pirro, Carlson, Hannity, Coulter, etc. but they do sell what some on the wacko right want to hear.
So, turn the sound off and activate Closed Captioning, so you don't need to hear him.

FYI- he was the #1 target of antisemitic comments and rhetoric from the alt-right.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What would you be thinking about if one or more people are trying to kick your ass, beat you with whatever is handy and/or trying to take your gun (holstered, or not)? Would you recite the oath, calmly ask them to give up or do what's necessary to get out of there alive? What if they're trying to drive over you? What if they're shooting at you? What.Would.You. Do?
You just love your straw man. If you become a police officer this is what you must learn to deal with. WTF. As far as I am aware we have been discussing the shooting of UNARMED people. You just go on defending these people while saying you are not defending them. Have fun with that.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
What.Would.You. Do?
What I, you or anyone else would do doesn’t matter; we’re not police officers. That’s a loaded question for a majority of folks here.

I have a neighbor, six houses away, who is a sergeant in my local police department and we’ve had these discussions. Full disclosure; my son and son-in-law are in law enforcement too.

It’s a tough job, nobody disputes that. It takes a certain kind of person to do it and it’s why they’re paid so well and have generous benefits.

He told me once about a domestic incident, where I blurted out afterwards, ‘I’d of bashed the guy’s brain in’.

His reply? And I’m paraphrasing, ‘That’s why you would never make a good cop and you’d be fired. The badge doesn’t give you the right to do whatever you please or beat somebody up because he hurt your feelings. It’s just not allowed and shouldn’t be. If your ego can’t take it, go get a day job at Costco’s. Now if you’re attacked physically, that’s another kettle of fish. It has to be proportional and that’s why its mandatory that they keep on their body-cam and patrol car-cam’s on at all times, so both the cop and the community are protected’.

Having said that, he also pointed out that the community needs to shoulder some of the blame too for shutting down public mental health facilities and other social programs, especially for kids and teenagers in the poorer areas of the community; they expect cops to be psychiatrists, babysitters and whatnot. It’s just not realistic.

The job is not easy and will never be but the community has the right to demand that they be treated fairly and equally regardless of race or social standing.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So, turn the sound off and activate Closed Captioning, so you don't need to hear him.

FYI- he was the #1 target of antisemitic comments and rhetoric from the alt-right.
Then I'd still be "watching" his editorializing like the others, no thanks. Poor baby if his people attack him....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You just love your straw man. If you become a police officer this is what you must learn to deal with. WTF. As far as I am aware we have been discussing the shooting of UNARMED people. You just go on defending these people while saying you are not defending them. Have fun with that.
In his world there are two categories of people: Those that are ARMED and those REACHING FOR ARMS. Either way, the police is always justified in their actions.

Edit: I had @highfigh post in mind that you replied to. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
In his world there are two categories of people: Those that are ARMED and those REACHING FOR ARMS. Either way, the POLICE is always justified in their actions.
I think you may have replied to the wrong person

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis