Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Where did I once mention FOX News ?? Where did I say the Media killed those people ?? that's your spin not mine but if don't think mainstream media helps to fan the flame, you just keep drinking your Kool-Aid and wearing your blinders.........

Case in point........ why did it take the mainstream media 5 days (thereabouts) to bring to light the the fact that there was an outstanding warrant for Blake's arrest ? Again, as I said in another thread that was no justification for the Police mishandling of the situation but you, me and most others still don't know ALL the facts.
You said 'the media stands right there to flame the fire....... ' whereby inferring they were to blame as much as anyone else.

The warrant, which was vacated Friday ... huh, I wonder why?

This was overkill on the cops part, any way you look at it.

Seven bullets in the mans back, for a knife he supposedly had, for a warrant that now has been suspiciously vacated.

I'm done here, neither one of us is going to change his view, so feel free to argue with someone else.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Police are given the authority to arrest and detain people.

They do not have the authority to become prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.

This is what the dispute is all about. Whether or not someone has an outstanding warrant, or a prior arrest record has nothing to do with it. Similarly, what the press says about it, or fails to say, has nothing to do with it.

This bears repeating and repeating until it's understood by all involved – including the Police Unions.
agreed, but when an officer tells you to put your hands behind your back........

Again, I'll say it again, I in no way condone the Police handling but when you look at the video he was clearly not trying to get in his vehicle rather he was reaching and or lunging for something. If that is/was a weapon, all bets are off.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You said 'the media stands right there to flame the fire....... ' whereby inferring they were to blame as much as anyone else.
Again.......I never said they were to blame 'as much' as anyone else, your words kid, not mine. But I do stand by the statement that the Media is part of the problem, a view that is shared by many.

As for the intent of this thread perhaps we can agree, guns @ protests are a bad idea !!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
agreed, but when an officer tells you to put your hands behind your back........

Again, I'll say it again, I in no way condone the Police handling but when you look at the video he was clearly not trying to get in his vehicle rather he was reaching and or lunging for something. If that is/was a weapon, all bets are off.
Whether or not the guy was complying with the policeman's instructions, the policeman is clearly not authorized to shoot him – much less shoot him in the back once or 7 times. That policeman stepped away from his legal authority as soon as he fired his gun the first time. Any effort to justify or overlook such actions is condoning armed vigilante mayhem. No police badge, gun, or uniform is a license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion.

Like I said earlier, I'll repeat this again and again.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That did not work so well for George Floyd, did it :rolleyes:

Yada, yada. People are protesting against the likes of you while getting shot at by gangs of white dudes with assault weapons, or being picked up by unidentifiable armed men in combat fatigues jumping out of unmarked cars and so forth.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That did not work so well for George Floyd, did it :rolleyes:

Yada, yada. People are protesting against the likes of you while getting shot at by gangs of white dudes with assault weapons, or being picked up by unidentifiable armed men in combat fatigues jumping out of unmarked cars and so forth.
I ask Swerd for clarification and all you can do is 'dumb' ?? yes you are ........

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
would you be so kind as to clarify / elaborate on this statement..........
What part don't you understand?
No police badge, gun, or uniform is a license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion.
Many Police Unions, and right-wing politicians, around the country want this to become: Police have an unrestricted license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion. That is clearly illegal not to mention immoral.

There has to be a more just and more rational solution somewhere between, an unrestricted license to kill vs. no police at all.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm done here, neither one of us is going to change his view
Don't be so rash ... I think you almost had him. :D

Many Police Unions, and right-wing politicians, around the country want this to become: Police have an unrestricted license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion.
This requires proof. I can't believe anybody would actually say that out loud.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Many Police Unions, and right-wing politicians, around the country want this to become: Police have an unrestricted license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion. ...
This requires proof. I can't believe anybody would actually say that out loud. ...
Perhaps a bit hyperbolic statement, but then he was responding to a poster well known to be receptable for subtle and nuanced arguments :D

One thing to look at is the "Qualified Immunity" that Police officers currently enjoy: What Is Qualified Immunity, and What Does It Have to Do With Police Reform?

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
What part don't you understand?

Many Police Unions, and right-wing politicians, around the country want this to become: Police have an unrestricted license to shoot or kill without legal repercussion. That is clearly illegal not to mention immoral.

There has to be a more just and more rational solution somewhere between, an unrestricted license to kill vs. no police at all.
Roger that, I just thought for a moment you were trying to say there is no such thing as a justifiable shooting. I agree there are too many 'thought to be' justifiable shootings taking place.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Perhaps a bit hyperbolic statement, but then he was responding to a poster well known to be receptable for subtle and nuanced arguments :D
If you don't know Alex2507, you should. He has always kept people laughing around here. He can be subtle at times. If you read most anything he posts, it helps if you mentally add this ;).
One thing to look at is the "Qualified Immunity" that Police officers currently enjoy: What Is Qualified Immunity, and What Does It Have to Do With Police Reform?
Thanks for that link. It shows how laws can, in the long run, have unintended consequences. They usually require more frequent revision. And that revision should not be trusted to people with political axes to grind.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Roger that, I just thought for a moment you were trying to say there is no such thing as a justifiable shooting. I agree there are too many 'thought to be' justifiable shootings taking place.
The solution is somewhere in the political center, a vacant zone of the political spectrum these days.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More of it in Portland, probably our idiotic Proud Boys....

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"The man who was killed in Portland on Saturday night was wearing a hat with the insignia of Patriot Prayer"

"The man shot and killed in Portland as a pro-Trump caravan that began in nearby Clackamas wound down and altercations broke out was a “friend and supporter” of Vancouver, Washington-based Patriot Prayer, group leader Joey Gibson said. He later identified the man as Jay Bishop in a social media post."

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Guns at protests = usually someone shot. JMHO.
Always true. Guns in situations like that are never a good idea.

However, a lot of early protests were crazy violent. Some in NY around working conditions had all sorts of shooting. Granted they were strikes, but same thing really.

At the same time, people going into large protests antagonizing protestors is also a breeding ground for something bad to happen. Macing them is something else entirely.

The guys bringing guns into that situation are itching to use them. Cops should be smart enough to look at these idiots and just say "nope, not happening."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis