GR Research Hot topic?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You say as you stand there chewing your cud... lol.

This herd-like behavior nothing new. People have been believing unsubstantiated claims like Danny's without evidence for longer than this hobby has been around. To just believe claims with no evidence or measurements of any kind to back them up, then assert it to others is what the cattle do.

Asking for evidence is not "following the herd". Believing claims without evidence and re-asserting them to others is...
I think someone is in love with Danny from GR research.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Kills me too. I might understand if a power cable was under-designed. I can't imagine what sorts of properties a conductor requires other than higher conductance. I'm not sure why anyone would want 16ga oxygen depleted copper, instead of just going for 14ga copper which would have a higher conductance.

Typically the unit power-supply will filter any common mode noise and condition the power appropriately and hopefully not add too much of its own noise... I would expect in expensive audiophile equipment one would not rely on picking the right power-cord from a tickle trunk.

As for speaker wire, I am curious to know what properties these wires have other than the ability to conduct power. As far as Monster cables go, a number of local shops used to sell Monster, and now it is all gone.

Does it matter who writes the first book? It is the last book that counts ;-)
A local company received awards from Munster as the single store that bought the highest amount of products and the sales people won trips, cash, merchandise, etc. They dropped Munster and picked up FraudioQuest- they still sell that crap, too.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well, well, well, my dear Pogre and my dear Hetty (@Hetfield ), LOL, OCD Mikey in above video appears to have shed some light on the suspicious/sinister pack activities of some forum creatures.

Uncle Acudeftech is excused from the lot because he's very explicit about what he's peddlin....

But, there's about 3 or 4 of ya that i've had some suspicions about for a while....the herd hyena defense tactics that are often deployed around here...LOL...Who's paying the gushing hyenas camouflaged as helpful forum peers? Hmmmm, i wonder,,,,, Salk? BillyBhilharmonic? RBH? I could be wrong though...Eitherway man, those poor unsuspecting Audiopyhtes looking for advice....poor things....
K I S S I N G

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty much all I got from this post was "mmmoooo!", but I did leave the intelligible parts in...

When you have some actual evidence for the claims you and your bovine brethren so desperately want to defend get back to me and we can have an actual discussion. I'm totally open to changing my mind. Right now you're just a bunch of bluster and hot air with absolutely nothing to back it up!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I see that Toole's name gets dropped a lot. IMO, he's just the guy who got around to writing a book first.
I see that Orville and Wilbur's name gets dropped a lot. IMO, they're just the guys who got around to building an airplane first.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Sigh.... At 7:55 he talks about the Firewire cable making a difference. Of course it made a difference because there was a construction difference.

No one is arguing that certain design in cable, especially when it comes to ground reference or open ground, wouldn't have an effect regardless of digital or analog.

No one is arguing that a cable can be made to sound different and that difference marketed. Heck, you can design a high-z cable what will make poorly designed amp oscillate and destroy it's self into highly reactive loads.

I find Chris's presentation disingenuous.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I use the cheapest decent cables I can find, stuff from Amazon basics and Monoprice and guess what, my HT sounds insane. Expensive cables are snake oil, period, end of story. You want to spend 3 grand on an interconnect god bless suckers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I find Chris's presentation disingenuous.
I find it similar to listening to Kent Hovind explain Dinosaur Adventureland and how humans and dinosaurs lived together at the same time...

Prove him wrong!

jinjuku

jinjuku

Sigh... Is Amir Majimaji (Madrona digital Revel dealer + ASR pied Piper) ingenuous or disingenuous?
I find his approach repeatable by 100% independent third parties.

Chris Connaker purchased an Audio Precision analyzer, someone at SBAF has also. If Amir is wrong then they've all they need to prove it.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Let's look at Chris's point in the video another way:

Years ago I had an EMU PCI-e pro audio sound card with balanced TRS i/o. I made one set of standard TRS to XLR and another set were I didn't attach the ground on the TRS.

With the ungrounded TRS you could hear mouse movement and hard disk access. Put in the properly constructed and pristine.

So is it ok to present that as "Cables make a difference" vs what I actually did?

I'm curious what your take on this is.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All this proved to me is that Danny is good at making clever test that he controls to "convince" reviewers of his narrative. This Vinyl guy doesn't strike me as a technical person and the fact that he didn't have an independent party run the test makes this a nice anecdotal experience with no scientific rigor at all. In any event, it sounds like he had a nice time doing it all so it's cool he conveyed that experience.

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
Sigh... Is Amir Majimaji (Madrona digital Revel dealer + ASR pied Piper) ingenuous or disingenuous?
Not in any way I can see. And we have the added "Benefit" that he has nothing monetary to gain from the information he provides.

It is done for all to see, is repeatable, and presented to inform people.

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
All this proved to me is that Danny is good at making clever test that he controls to "convince" reviewers of his narrative. This Vinyl guy doesn't strike me as a technical person and the fact that he didn't have an independent party run the test makes this a nice anecdotal experience with no scientific rigor at all. In any event, it sounds like he had a nice time doing it all so it's cool he conveyed that experience.
Gene, I think in the end a good indicator of "reality" is often, "What is the motivation for their presentation".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis