Getting That Itch Again...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I already have some good cleaner. I bought it for my Ultras when I had them still. That said...

View attachment 46002View attachment 46003View attachment 45998View attachment 46001View attachment 46000View attachment 45999

The little scuff buffed right out! I haven't found a mark on it! It looks like new!

Oh, I picked up some sliders on the way to go get it. I'm glad I did. Makes it super easy to slide it around while I figure out a good spot.

View attachment 46004
Ohhhhh those subs are so Damn Sexy! I'm so happy for you bro. And a little jelly I'm not going to lie 900 for that sub is just wow. That's the same price as the PB 2000 pro and that beast will just smash a 2000 it'll smash any thing in that SVS lineup. Maybe sub 20hz in extended mode below 20hz the 16 ultra will have an edge. But not really anywhere else. And not much of an edge

And you got all that performance for that price wow!!!! Good move bro!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I missed a bunch of posts here, what did you buy? What sub? Used?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes the power is plenty.

I'm thinking..........

if you don't buy I'm driving down there and buying it watcha waiting for bro that beast is a steal!

Maybe you should wait for others opinions tho

As an RBH owner I am biased Lol
The guy I bought this from had a full blown RBH surround sound system. Looked like he had lcrs across the front and books mounted on the walls. He got them all B stock a few years ago I guess. He knew a local dealer that went out of business. We only listened in stereo but it seemed like he had it balanced pretty nicely. He played some without the RBH. Of course when I got there it was hooked up by itself and he had it pretty hot, of course, to demo it. His subs were all diy and I think he had 4 of those. It sounded pretty damned good.

He was a nice guy too. Friendly as hell and very accommodating. He even threw in a couple of freebies, including some cables and a Behringer amp (which I know nothing about, but looks like 900 watts x2) with a blown channel. I attached some pics of those below. I'll just leave them as attachments. Easier to scroll through. Anyway, I have the Behringer as an option now too.

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The guy I bought this from had a full blown RBH surround sound system. Looked like he had lcrs across the front and books mounted on the walls. He got them all B stock a few years ago I guess. He knew a local dealer that went out of business. We only listened in stereo but it seemed like he had it balanced pretty nicely. He played some without the RBH. Of course when I got there it was hooked up by itself and he had it pretty hot, of course, to demo it. His subs were all diy and I think he had 4 of those. It sounded pretty damned good.

He was a nice guy too. Friendly as hell and very accommodating. He even threw in a couple of freebies, including some cables and a Behringer amp (which I know nothing about, but looks like 900 watts x2) with a blown channel. I attached some pics of those below. I'll just leave them as attachments. Easier to scroll through. Anyway, I have the Behringer as an option now too.
Dude I love that so many guys in our hobby are so cool I've been fortunate to have buying experiences like that.

That behringer if the fan is modded I would use if that one channel is good. Those fans can be loud though but if they're modded they're nice and quiet that would do nicely to drive that RBH 900 watts is more then enough and they should be stable all the way into 2ohm loads my crown XTI's are

Plus if it has the dsp if it's that one it has great DSP and you should be able to tune that to play with your HSU perfectly

What model number is the Behringer?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Dude he gave you a super sweet deal that behringer is the one that has great DSP they're is a site on YouTube Home Theater Gurus best site ever he shows how to setup the DSP give me a sec I'll link you to that episode bro!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay

here you go
That episode should show you how to setup that behringer to use it to tune that sub perfect.

Congratulations you got that for free that one channel should do just fine for that sub. As long as the fan isn't too loud but you can mod it if he hasnt already

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So did you invite this guy to participate here at AH or is he an old hand here?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay

here you go
That episode should show you how to setup that behringer to use it to tune that sub perfect.

Congratulations you got that for free that one channel should do just fine for that sub. As long as the fan isn't too loud but you can mod it if he hasnt already
Damn BRO! You got a killer sweet deal!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
One last point those subs are built to be tuned way lower then what it's specs are. Look at the specs on RBH for the SV-1212PR and you'll see what I mean
You should have no problem tuning that sub to match your HSU

Have fun tommorow

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So did you invite this guy to participate here at AH or is he an old hand here?
I did mention the site a few times and he's familiar, tho I don't think he has an account. He wanted to hang out for a while and offered to follow me home and help get it in the house. I politely declined but told him I may hit him up soon and invite him over. I plan to send a thank you text in a little while so I may get to know the guy. He's into it for sure.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One last point those subs are built to be tuned way lower then what it's specs are. Look at the specs on RBH for the SV-1212PR and you'll see what I mean
You should have no problem tuning that sub to match your HSU

Have fun tommorow
Not sure how that would work without dsp particularly. They're not very large cabinets for tuning purposes so assume they had to make compromises to adjust for lack of volume for particularly low tuning....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure how that would work without dsp particularly. They're not very large cabinets for tuning purposes so assume they had to make compromises to adjust for lack of volume for particularly low tuning....
Yeah you need DSP but Pogre has that with the Behringer were not talking ultra low tuning either it's not going to get you 10 Hz performance but if you set the right high pass at around say 20hz maybe 19 or 18 you'll get killer output at 20 Hz and great output still down to 16 in room a little lower

Your right tho you need DSP to do it but he has that with the Behringer

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah you need DSP but Pogre has that with the Behringer were not talking ultra low tuning either it's not going to get you 10 Hz performance but if you set the right high pass at around say 20hz maybe 19 or 18 you'll get killer output at 20 Hz and great output still down to 16 in room a little lower

Your right tho you need DSP to do it but he has that with the Behringer
Just saying the driver/box combo determines most of it, without specialized dsp.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn BRO! You got a killer sweet deal!!!
You are very successfully beating back any feelings of buyer's remorse I might experience. I think you're more excited than I am, lol.

Well, maybe not. I'm pretty stoked. It's a beaut. I'm cooking dinner right now, but in between tasks I went over the outside of it with a flashlight and I don't see a nick or scratch anywhere. Drivers are in great shape and move in and out nice, smooth n easy, no scratching or grinding voice coils. I flat out asked why he was letting it go for 900. He said he bought it used for $1100 and didn't feel it added a whole lot since he already has 4 subwoofers so he was pretty much just getting it gone to make some more room in his... room.
Yeah, I'd definitely need some dsp, but maybe not too much. The way I run the HSUs with their eq 2 setting and both ports open they roll off right around 20-22 hz too. They dig down to 16 in eq 1 with 1 port open, but I lose a little bit of mid bass with that setting.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just saying the driver/box combo determines most of it, without specialized dsp.....
It does have a huge port! It looked like I could almost stuff a soccer ball in there! It's downfiring tho and I didn't snap a pic of it yet. I might do that tomorrow when I'm ready to play.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You are very successfully beating back any feelings of buyer's remorse I might experience. I think you're more excited than I am, lol.

Well, maybe not. I'm pretty stoked. It's a beaut. I'm cooking dinner right now, but in between tasks I went over the outside of it with a flashlight and I don't see a nick or scratch anywhere. Drivers are in great shape and move in and out nice, smooth n easy, no scratching or grinding voice coils. I flat out asked why he was letting it go for 900. He said he bought it used for $1100 and didn't feel it added a whole lot since he already has 4 subwoofers so he was pretty much just getting it gone to make some more room in his... room.

Yeah, I'd definitely need some dsp, but maybe not too much. The way I run the HSUs with their eq 2 setting and both ports open they roll off right around 20-22 hz too. They dig down to 16 in eq 1 with 1 port open, but I lose a little bit of mid bass with that setting.
I can't wait to hear your impressions once it's all set up in your room bro

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It does have a huge port! It looked like I could almost stuff a soccer ball in there! It's downfiring tho and I didn't snap a pic of it yet. I might do that tomorrow when I'm ready to play.
Shane did say that port is one of the reasons it's able to be tuned with dsp that way it can be. There were other reasons but that was one of them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis