Getting That Itch Again...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As I sit here sipping coffee and look around the work ahead of me is sinking in. This ain't gonna be a plug n play situation. I have different interconnects to work with and an amp I'm completely unfamiliar with. I see a USB port for pc interface, but it also has a display. I have yet to figure out a spot for this sub! I don't think nearfield is gonna work with this bad boy because of the sheer size. I have other choices tho. Any suggestions to start with placement? I'm thinking about starting g with the dining room behind me.

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats. How many setups do you have? :D I spied some Infinity speakers that I never
saw before.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats. How many setups do you have? :D I spied some Infinity speakers that I never
saw before.
Those are the IL30s I picked up for 10 bucks a few weeks ago! I'm really taken with those speakers for what they are. Best ten dollar pair of speakers I've ever heard, hands down.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I missed a bunch of posts here, what did you buy? What sub? Used?
You caught up now? In short I paid $900 for a very clean RBH SV-1212NR. It retails for over $3200...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those are the IL30s I picked up for 10 bucks a few weeks ago! I'm really taken with those speakers for what they are. Best ten dollar pair of speakers I've ever heard, hands down.
Cool. The 10$ I spent on the Polks Rti's I feel the same for PC speakers. While being a bright speaker it's quite smooth and not fatiguing at all. You did not answer my question how many setups? I have 3. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As I sit here sipping coffee and look around the work ahead of me is sinking in. This ain't gonna be a plug n play situation. I have different interconnects to work with and an amp I'm completely unfamiliar with. I see a USB port for pc interface, but it also has a display. I have yet to figure out a spot for this sub! I don't think nearfield is gonna work with this bad boy because of the sheer size. I have other choices tho. Any suggestions to start with placement? I'm thinking about starting g with the dining room behind me.
Okay can you start on that 18 foot wall to the left of your seating position as a midpoint? If not how about that nook in the left corner of your seating position. Like mine in my room.
20200307_172722.jpg20200307_172736.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Cool. The 10$ I spent on the Polks Rti's I feel the same for PC speakers. While being a bright speaker it's quite smooth and not fatiguing at all. You did not answer my question how many setups? I have 3. :D
Oh! Well right now 2. I have those ILs hooked up to an old receiver with a little 10" Klipsch subwoofer.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also look at that link I gave you from home theater gurus he shows you how to use that amp. You will need a laptop to best use the dsp but the files are super easy to down load

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
From there it's just measuring and placing I wouldn't use any dsp at all at first just plug and sweep and see where your best position is

Then you know the drill tune the sub to match the other 2 find the best results from that then set levels distance blah blah

Just one step at a time place measure tube measure set distances phase delays measure as you go along.

We love but hate this OCD stuff!

What's really cool about the Behringer is you can also use the dsp for house curves flattening peaks all sorts of stuff
Same as my crown XTI's

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay can you start on that 18 foot wall to the left of your seating position as a midpoint? If not how about that nook in the left corner of your seating position. Like mine in my room.
View attachment 46042View attachment 46043
The nook in the left corner might work. My sectional bends around where the nook is and is right against most of that left wall. I attached some pics.

Attachments

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You caught up now? In short I paid $900 for a very clean RBH SV-1212NR. It retails for over $3200...

Holy cow! Great score!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also look at that link I gave you from home theater gurus he shows you how to use that amp. You will need a laptop to best use the dsp but the files are super easy to down load
Yeah, for sure I plan to watch that. As of right now I don't have the right interconnects for it tho. At least not the right lengths... the only cable I have that might work is the black one he gave me in this pic and it's not near long enough. If I do something today it's gonna have to be using the Monolith and MiniDSP. At that I'm gonna need to make a cable run. Prolly just shoot down to the depot and buy 40-50' of 10 or 12 gauge cord.

Attachments

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You might want to text or email Shane at RBH tommorow if your having trouble he can tell you the settings you can set on your dsp with the behringer to match your other subs if your having trouble

Also don't be afraid to biamp the sub with the monolith and try it like that measure it flat as well

You may find you don't need to tune the sub much at all you won't know till you start measuring and placing lol

Got your back buddy got the whole day off anything I can to help on the site at least I'll try my best bro!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, for sure I plan to watch that. As of right now I don't have the right interconnects for it tho. At least not the right lengths... the only cable I have that might work is the black one he gave me in this pic and it's not near long enough. If I do something today it's gonna have to be using the Monolith and MiniDSP. At that I'm gonna need to make a cable run. Prolly just shoot down to the depot and buy 40-50'.
Hell yeah biamp the drivers on that monolith and mini dsp it Id use a mini dsp anyway even if you do use the behringer cus you can do all 3 subs good luck bro!!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
@AcuDefTechGuy uses his ATI non biamped to the sub and says that just works fine I don't even think he uses a high pass on it just runs the amp flat. You might want to ask him as well since he runs his the same way you'll be running yours

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hell yeah biamp the drivers on that monolith and mini dsp it Id use a mini dsp anyway even if you do use the behringer cus you can do all 3 subs good luck bro!!!!!
I really believe if I bi amp I'll be getting sufficient power, especially if the nook works. It's fairly close to mlp. That might offer a little bit of tactile too if it fires right into the couch. I can use REW to generate me a set of filters then tweak it from there. I'll take it easy with spl until I talk to Shane. I know I don't wanna run into any clipping and fry my new toy!
You might want to text or email Shane at RBH tommorow if your having trouble he can tell you the settings you can set on your dsp with the behringer to match your other subs if your having trouble

Also don't be afraid to biamp the sub with the monolith and try it like that measure it flat as well

You may find you don't need to tune the sub much at all you won't know till you start measuring and placing lol

Got your back buddy got the whole day off anything I can to help on the site at least I'll try my best bro!
Man, thank you. I know you know these subs so I might lean on you pretty hard once I get moving on this. Thanks bro.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The nook in the left corner might work. My sectional bends around where the nook is and is right against most of that left wall. I attached some pics.
Yeah just move the couches a touch and place it behind there or place it sideways on that side wall behind that sectional on the couch bass is omnidirectional and that way you wouldn't even see it

I got a feeling when this is all done and you dial it in its really going to help with that nasty null you have

When you have time do you have pictures of the other side of the room as well?

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really believe if I bi amp I'll be getting sufficient power, especially if the nook works. It's fairly close to mlp. That might offer a little bit of tactile too if it fires right into the couch. I can use REW to generate me a set of filters then tweak it from there. I'll take it easy with spl until I talk to Shane. I know I don't wanna run into any clipping and fry my new toy!

Man, thank you. I know you know these subs so I might lean on you pretty hard once I get moving on this. Thanks bro.
I got you bro any time

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah just move the couches a touch and place it behind there or place it sideways on that side wall behind that sectional on the couch bass is omnidirectional and that way you wouldn't even see it

I got a feeling when this is all done and you dial it in its really going to help with that nasty null you have

When you have time do you have pictures of the other side of the room as well?
Yup!

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis