Getting That Itch Again...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really believe if I bi amp I'll be getting sufficient power, especially if the nook works. It's fairly close to mlp. That might offer a little bit of tactile too if it fires right into the couch. I can use REW to generate me a set of filters then tweak it from there. I'll take it easy with spl until I talk to Shane. I know I don't wanna run into any clipping and fry my new toy!

Man, thank you. I know you know these subs so I might lean on you pretty hard once I get moving on this. Thanks bro.
Also you may still be able to do it near field just turn it side ways that way it's not sticking out so much bro. That way you don't have to move your listening position since you have that perfectly measured with the rest of your gear! Bass is omnidirectional so you can turn it any direction you want as long as that port fires into the floor

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay that other corner or wall where that picture is might also be a good spot to try if you can make it work
But I still think the left corner or wall or near field turned side ways is the best 2 or 3 starting points to me

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The nook in the left corner might work. My sectional bends around where the nook is and is right against most of that left wall. I attached some pics.
My top choice is turn it sideways and have it near field back of the couch between the left nook and your main listening position bro

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My top choice is turn it sideways and have it near field back of the couch between the left nook and your main listening position bro
Thinking about that too. Again, it's pretty big for a high traffic area, but lemme scoot it over there and I'll see how it looks...

*PS, sideways? I think I know what you mean. Gimme a few and I'll post some more pics.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
But you have a couple of spots to try so that's good

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thinking about that too. Again, it's pretty big for a high traffic area, but lemme scoot it over there and I'll see how it looks...

*PS, sideways? I think I know what you mean. Gimme a few and I'll post some more pics.
Turned sideways I'm hoping it'll fit better bro keeping my fingers crossed send us PICS!!! LOL :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It might work... it just might work! Tho it's not exactly hidden, lol.

I am SO GLAD I got those furniture sliders! It makes pushing this thing around a piece of cake!

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It wouldn't be hard to tuck it all the way into that nook either, but I think I'd get more out of nearfield. Either way I figure I'm gonna have to recalibrate everything anyway.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gonna need about 60' of cable if I plan to bi amp. 30' run so I'm gonna get 10g if it isn't too expensive. Phew. "Buy-wire" indeed...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It might work... it just might work! Tho it's not exactly hidden, lol.

I am SO GLAD I got those furniture sliders! It makes pushing this thing around a piece of cake!
Ohhh I love that 2nd pic either one looks great for me!!!!But 2nd is my favorite

But if those don't work that corner is a nice default option!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ohhh I love that 2nd pic either one looks great for me!!!!But 2nd is my favorite

But if those don't work that corner is a nice default option!
It's definitely not very WAF approved for most homes, but I know I can get away with it. It does kinda stand out tho. Makes me wish I had a wall behind me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@AcuDefTechGuy uses his ATI non biamped to the sub and says that just works fine I don't even think he uses a high pass on it just runs the amp flat. You might want to ask him as well since he runs his the same way you'll be running yours
Yep. AT2005 single-amp for the 5 x SX-1010NR subs. My Yamaha CX-A5100 Sub Outputs go straight to the AT2005 amp.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm about to head to the depot and see if they have what I need. If they want too much or don't have pure copper cables I might just order a 100' spool from Monoprice. Or just order the right interconnects to use the Behringer. Hmm... that means I won't make any progress today but I'll have all the right stuff when I do.

One thing just struck me tho. I won't have a gain control using the Monolith if I run Audyssey and it wants me to adjust levels... I might have to use the Behringer.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm about to head to the depot and see if they have what I need. If they want too much or don't have pure copper cables I might just order a 100' spool from Monoprice. Or just order the right interconnects to use the Behringer. Hmm... that means I won't make any progress today but I'll have all the right stuff when I do.

One thing just struck me tho. I won't have a gain control using the Monolith if I run Audyssey and it wants me to adjust levels... I might have to use the Behringer.
Wouldn't the gain be on the avr? Or would you use the minidsp right? Doesn't it set gain for the channels?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wouldn't the gain be on the avr? Or would you use the minidsp right? Doesn't it set gain for the channels?
Uh oh... looky what I found! I have all the cabling I need right here! I already have a 25' rca cable with a connector to hook it up to the Bluejeans cable (orange TRS to RCA) the seller gave me! I didn't realize the inputs on the Behringer accept both TRS and XLR. Man, he helped me out more than I realized just by tossing those cables in! The black cable is a Speakon to banana plugs for the Behringer output. I think I'm all set!

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That couch looks like my bedroom recliner same color and same type of texture. That subs glossy look is so cool. Maybe in my next lifetime. Enjoy. I think Danzilla is more excited than you. ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Uh oh... looky what I found! I have all the cabling I need right here! I already have a 25' rca cable with a connector to hook it up to the Bluejeans cable (orange TRS to RCA) the seller gave me! I didn't realize the inputs on the Behringer accept both TRS and XLR. Man, he helped me out more than I realized just by tossing those cables in! The black cable is a Speakon to banana plugs for the Behringer output. I think I'm all set!
Well what are we waiting for!!! Lol :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That couch looks like my bedroom recliner same color and same type of texture. That subs glossy look is so cool. Maybe in my next lifetime. Enjoy. I think Danzilla is more excited than you. ;)
I love it when my friends get new gear. Theyre fun and excitement I live through myself as I watch them enjoy it. If I lived by Pogre I'd be down there right now helping him set it all up. I could do this stuff all day! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis