Getting That Itch Again...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If it's 92dB sensitive...and you have 200wpc (or more, probably more a 4 ohm sub?)
Yes it's 4ohms and that monolith amp runs like 300 RMS into 4ohms so I'm thinking nearfield use should be more then plenty

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If it's 92dB sensitive...and you have 200wpc (or more, probably more a 4 ohm sub?)
I think for near-field 200 watts would be more than enough, and yeah, at 4 ohms it's 350 watts...

Whatcha think man? It's one hell of a discount for that model and I can always buy an amp down the road.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think for near-field 200 watts would be more than enough, and yeah, at 4 ohms it's 350 watts...

Whatcha think man? It's one hell of a discount for that model and I can always buy an amp down the road.
Yes the power is plenty.

I'm thinking..........

if you don't buy I'm driving down there and buying it watcha waiting for bro that beast is a steal!

Maybe you should wait for others opinions tho

As an RBH owner I am biased Lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, it's really close to where I live too! Almost in my neighborhood!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes the power is plenty.

I'm thinking..........

if you don't buy I'm driving down there and buying it watcha waiting for bro that beast is a steal!

Maybe you should wait for others opinions tho

As an RBH owner I am biased Lol
I sent him a text.

That thing weighs over 100 lbs! Methinks @shadyJ would disapprove, lol. Altho for the price he might not... that thing costs over 3k new!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I sent him a text.

That thing weighs over 100 lbs! Methinks @shadyJ would disapprove, lol. Altho for the price he might not... that thing costs over 3k new!
He only disapproves if you ask his help moving it.
Just ask Poes. :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I'm very curious about those, so I'll let you be our guinea pig! :) Hard to resist for a good price and wouldn't need to get all into it like a diy....and with Dan's reco how can you go wrong?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes it's 4ohms and that monolith amp runs like 300 RMS into 4ohms so I'm thinking nearfield use should be more then plenty
Yeah up to a point of course :) But not likely you're missing much otoh except at the highest levels.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm very curious about those, so I'll let you be our guinea pig! :) Hard to resist for a good price and wouldn't need to get all into it like a diy....and with Dan's reco how can you go wrong?
He replied, still has it and is willing to hook it up for a demo if I'm serious. I think I might just do it man. Need to get me a set of those furniture sliders too while I'm at it. That thing is a beast. Looks like it's tuned a little bit higher than my HSUs with 1 port open, but almost the same with both ports open. That's a consideration too because nearfield might be pushing it. I did a little measuring behind my chair and it'd take up a lot of space in a high traffic area. I have other options tho...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
He replied, still has it and is willing to hook it up for a demo if I'm serious. I think I might just do it man. Need to get me a set of those furniture sliders too while I'm at it. That thing is a beast. Looks like it's tuned a little bit higher than my HSUs with 1 port open, but almost the same with both ports open. That's a consideration too because nearfield might be pushing it. I did a little measuring behind my chair and it'd take up a lot of space in a high traffic area. I have other options tho...
At the very least demo it you get a free audition. Sounds like it's a win win either way. You get to hear it and know it's working before you decide to buy.

I'm willing to bet youll be buying it tho once you've listened to it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
With your ability to use Rew and you knowledge of how to integrate subs you should be able to get all 3 to play together nice

Once you buy a separate amp for it and you use dsp it can be tuned a LOT lower then what it's specced.

Shane from RBH was letting me know about that I ran those beasts flat on the crown XTI 6000 and could never get them to even come close to bottoming out. That sub and those drivers are built like tanks

Although I preferred a 16hz filter didn't hurt to protect it and adding a house curve on em I could maximize my low end performance and still make sure I had good overall performance

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This beast is bi-ampable... I know, I know, that's a pretty dead horse BUT... isn't this a situation where that would actually make a difference? I have 2 spare channels on my Monolith. That'd be 350 watts @4 ohms for each driver then..?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This beast is bi-ampable... I know, I know, that's a pretty dead horse (my bold) BUT... isn't this a situation where that would actually make a difference? I have 2 spare channels on my Monolith. That'd be 350 watts @4 ohms for each driver then..?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I know the argument! This is different! Lol

It's still in my truck. I'm waiting for some help to get it into the house. Once I get it inside and cleaned up I'll update wit some good pics. It's in great shape. Some scuffing on one of the bottom corners, but not a huge deal. It's gloss black so blends with my system. He had it hooked up by itself and it rocked the room. Nice n clean, no distortion. He even played the infamous tone at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow with impunity and it ate it up. It's started to chuff a little but handled it with no problems. I mean hell, my 15" HSUs chuff with that one.

I might not get it up and running tonight, but I have all day tomorrow to play. Might have to get some more speaker cable tho...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

It's still in my truck. I'm waiting for some help to get it into the house. Once I get it inside and cleaned up I'll update wit some good pics. It's in great shape. Some scuffing on one of the bottom corners, but not a huge deal. It's gloss black so blends with my system. He had it hooked up by itself and it rocked the room. Nice n clean, no distortion. He even played the infamous tone at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow with impunity and it ate it up. It's started to chuff a little but handled it with no problems. I mean hell, my 15" HSUs chuff with that one.

I might not get it up and running tonight, but I have all day tomorrow to play. Might have to get some more speaker cable tho...
I could not resist replying to your "I know, I know, that's a pretty dead horse" :p As a public service, of course!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I knew you would end up buying it once you heard it!!!! Congratulations!

Man I wish I could be they're to help you set it up. That would be fun

That's what I loved about them so clean such low distortion. And they can do it all. Music movies they can play so low but hit you in the chest too go from delicate to explosive so fast the dynamics are incredible

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I do believe they're could be a benefit with biamping both woofers with that monolith.

But just to be sure contact RBH on Monday they're customer service is exceptional

Shane they're engineer will let you know if the Monolith can do it you just don't want that amp clipping and burning out the voice coils. I don't think it'll be an issue giving them more power should mean more headroom but still best to play it safe

I have his email PM me if you need it explain your situation give him the details on that monolith amp he'll give you the right answers

They're great on the phone service but if he's busy with an order it's sometimes quicker to reach him by email

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Also piano gloss cleaner for black pianos works great you can order it off of Amazon that's what I use to keep mine spotless

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also piano gloss cleaner for black pianos works great you can order it off of Amazon that's what I use to keep mine spotless
I already have some good cleaner. I bought it for my Ultras when I had them still. That said...

6319_copy_540x720.jpeg
6318_copy_540x720.jpeg
6317_copy_540x720.jpeg
6313_copy_540x720.jpeg
6315_copy_540x720.jpeg
6316_copy_540x720.jpeg

The little scuff buffed right out! I haven't found a mark on it! It looks like new!

Oh, I picked up some sliders on the way to go get it. I'm glad I did. Makes it super easy to slide it around while I figure out a good spot.

6314_copy_669x502.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis