Gas (Pricing) Is Getting Flatulent

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My point being is we have a great capacity to mobilize engineering, man power, creativity in haste in face of a threat. Perceived or otherwise.
Yes, but this would totally replace or nearly so the oil and coal industry. That is a huge, powerful force to mess with trying to end their lives and $$$ cow. 35 years and we, the government is impotent, throwing tokens at it.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ever think that may be b/c many are made in Canada?:p

BTW You all are welcome for all the jobs we created for you making the pollution eschewing, gas guzzling, econobox crushing trucks and SUVs for us down here.
It's the design, foolio.

Canada doesn't just make American cars. My civic was made in Canada too.

I understand that every car manufacture can make a good interior, but when comparing similar models, is night and day.

SheepStar

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
One person in that Expedition? if so hold on while I cry for you. Ok, done. The gall to drive a road tank like that and b.it.ch about gas prices:mad:

Next you're going to tell me that minivan or station wagon couldn't do the same job if it is indeed used for hauling anything more than a bag of groceries and a set of golf clubs.
Guaranteed that Expedition is carrying around 1 passenger 90% of the time. Trust me I checked out your ht link, conspicous consumption at its best. I have the means to live way beyond what I do, but made a conscious decision not to. The earth can't sustain all 6 billion people owning literally stacks of McIntosh gear, Mustangs, Expeditions, Motorcyles etc.
Yep, we have each other pegged. But one of us should just feel slightly ashamed.
Al Gore called for you. He said you hijacked this thread.
This one is about gas prices. Not conservation.
Though he did say, you could take your holier than thou attitude and start your own thread about conservation.
It seems to me, the attitude, and arguing started with your posts.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, but if we conserved to the max, the price of gas has to drop as I doubt they would dump it or drink it:D
Unfortunately oil prices aren't only driven by simple supply and demand.
The OPEC nations use the price of oil to drive a political wedge.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
The rest of the world has always paid a much larger premium for a litre/gallon of gas than the U.S has...
Yeah, I must admit I'm finding it difficult to feel sorry for y'all. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Unfortunately oil prices aren't only driven by simple supply and demand.
The OPEC nations use the price of oil to drive a political wedge.
The commodity market prices that we hear day in and day out are driven by speculators, not the oil producing countries, not real supply and demand as you indicate.
Right now there is plenty of supply and the demand has been decreasing; the price is still going up because it can and driven by speculation and far.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

1. The rest of the world has always paid a much larger premium for a litre/gallon of gas than the U.S has till recently. You don't know what you have till it's gone as the song says.
Well, that depends on where you are. Certainly the mid east, the gas is dirt cheap.
European countries add a high tax for whatever reason. We don't, so what? That has no bearing on the cost of a barrel of oil or processing, speculating, etc. Only that those governments are making a killing in taxes. And perhaps using those taxes for mass transit?

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
Well relating to the original OP conversation piece... If you think prices there are bad, where I live here in Ontario Canada it's at $3.78 (CAD) per US Gallon. And thats not even bad... In the East Coast right now you're looking at paying roughly $4.16 (CAD) per US Gallon. The Canadian government here certainly gets their cut of our money here. jeez...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The commodity market prices that we hear day in and day out are driven by speculators, not the oil producing countries, not real supply and demand as you indicate.
Right now there is plenty of supply and the demand has been decreasing; the price is still going up because it can and driven by speculation and far.
You don't seem to be aware of what is driving the speculators.
That my friend, is the political influence of OPEC.:)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I also don't mean to imply OPEC is the 'only' influence on oil price, their just the biggest.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Ya got that right.

OPEC is the Mafia of the oil industry & anybody who dont think they are 100%in control of their own product is delusional.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...If you think prices there are bad, where I live here in Ontario Canada it's at $3.78 (CAD) per US Gallon. ...
Some time back, you guys used Imperial gallon. Now, don't you use the liter? When did it go to US gallons?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I thought speculators are the big money folks, no? That is who buy and sell the commodity markets, no?

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
Some time back, you guys used Imperial gallon. Now, don't you use the liter? When did it go to US gallons?
We do use litres... I just converted it for the ease of the average forum user to get an idea of our prices. And the OP was posting in US Gallons. Just seemed the thing to do. In litres its roughly 0.991 / Litre here in Ontario this week, and in the East coast roughly 1.09 / Litre. AKA, ridculously expensive.

H

Hdude

Audioholic Intern
Wait a few & price will cross $100 a barrel.:( I'll start looking for a bike:confused:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
We do use litres... I just converted it for the ease of the average forum user to get an idea of our prices. And the OP was posting in US Gallons. Just seemed the thing to do. In litres its roughly 0.991 / Litre here in Ontario this week, and in the East coast roughly 1.09 / Litre. AKA, ridculously expensive.
You do know that that cat has a grapefruit rind on its head, right?:p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
We're at 1.06 for Regular.

Definitely not looking forward to my premium fills...

SheepStar

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Oh, OK:D We'll be there soon;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis