Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Only 1 episode left for S02. Which dragon/rider will die?

I am sure it will be another cliffhanger. :D
I think you are correct in saying that it will end on a cliffhanger. Since they've already been approved for a season 3, I don't think they're going to end with everybody getting killed off. My guess is one maybe 2 of the characters will get killed off. They'll pull one of those build to the intense moment something major is going to happen and then the episode ends. We'll have to wait 2 years to see how it concludes. Haha, I hope it doesn't end that way! :D

They cut down to 8 episodes this year so they could move some of the story into season 3. RR Martin said he needs 3-4 seasons (10 episodes each) to tell the entire story. They shortened it to 8 this season, so my hope is they bring it back to 10 with season 3.

The other prequel series A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is supposed to release next year. I don't think that series will have as much CGI like House of Dragons, so they could potentially get back GoT level and actually release a new season every year! hahaha, one can hope! :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think you are correct in saying that it will end on a cliffhanger. Since they've already been approved for a season 3, I don't think they're going to end with everybody getting killed off. My guess is one maybe 2 of the characters will get killed off. They'll pull one of those build to the intense moment something major is going to happen and then the episode ends. We'll have to wait 2 years to see how it concludes. Haha, I hope it doesn't end that way! :D

They cut down to 8 episodes this year so they could move some of the story into season 3. RR Martin said he needs 3-4 seasons (10 episodes each) to tell the entire story. They shortened it to 8 this season, so my hope is they bring it back to 10 with season 3.

The other prequel series A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is supposed to release next year. I don't think that series will have as much CGI like House of Dragons, so they could potentially get back GoT level and actually release a new season every year! hahaha, one can hope! :cool:
They need to have at all times at least 2 GOT-series so that we don't have to wait a whole season. Just keep them coming. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They need to have at all times at least 2 GOT-series so that we don't have to wait a whole season. Just keep them coming. :D
I think that was the plan, but COVID and the makers taking on other projects that are not GOT related happened, so a number of those spinoffs got delayed or cancelled. They can't have a show running constantly, even if the characters and content is different, or the interest level tends to drop. Just look at Marvel.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think that was the plan, but COVID and the makers taking on other projects that are not GOT related happened, so a number of those spinoffs got delayed or cancelled. They can't have a show running constantly, even if the characters and content is different, or the interest level tends to drop. Just look at Marvel.
Well the GOT-series are based on George-RRM books, which are awesome and mostly already written/completed. They still need good screenwriting, but HBO usually has the money and brains to hire good writers.

I can’t say that Marvel has the brains to hire good writers, and the series are not based on already completed books.

Rule#1: Hire good screenwriters, not dumb writers with poor tract records.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well the GOT-series are based on George-RRM books, which are awesome and mostly already written/completed. They still need good screenwriting, but HBO usually has the money and brains to hire good writers.

I can’t say that Marvel has the brains to hire good writers, and the series are not based on already completed books.

Rule#1: Hire good screenwriters, not dumb writers with poor tract records.
Marvel has ~50 years of good stories, yet they pump out turds. It is just corporate machine dictating predictable writing to churn out as much as they can to fill their greedy fat fingers. Inevitably, if you are trying to puppy mill a bunch of similar movies just to make a buck, you will end up diluting the quality. They haven't done that with GOT yet.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Marvel has ~50 years of good stories, yet they pump out turds. It is just corporate machine dictating predictable writing to churn out as much as they can to fill their greedy fat fingers. Inevitably, if you are trying to puppy mill a bunch of similar movies just to make a buck, you will end up diluting the quality. They haven't done that with GOT yet.
I personally think HBO should keep pumping GoT's prequel/sequels right now. Viewership is rocking and as long as they keep the overall quality high, the viewers will continue to show up. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I personally think HBO should keep pumping GoT's prequel/sequels right now. Viewership is rocking and as long as they keep the overall quality high, the viewers will continue to show up. :D
3 or 4 would be nice, but at least 2 GOT series per year. :D

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
GOT: House of The Dragon. She's praying. This one and last one is from my IPhone off of my new Sony XR65X90L. The contrast is phenomenal on this Sony.

1722614957977.png

1722615241140.png

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
RR Martin said “there are 7 more GoT’s shows in development. In addition to the two we already have (House of the dragon and Knight of the seven kingdoms). 3- Live action and 4-animated l”

well there we have it! 7 more shows are coming!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
RR Martin said “there are 7 more GoT’s shows in development. In addition to the two we already have (House of the dragon and Knight of the seven kingdoms). 3- Live action and 4-animated l”

well there we have it! 7 more shows are coming!
So we can expect a declining quality of the future shows.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Maybe if GRR would Finish the last book Fire and Ice, we could Finally get some closure to GOT season 8 that so many people didn't like. I liked GOT season 8. HBO paid him 15 million a season for the rights of his books to make the series and as a consultant. But dude is very old don't believe he'll be around much longer.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Always a possibility. But I would expect that more from the likes of NFLX, AMZN, or some other network, and less from HBO. If there is a decline, I would expect a lesser amount from HBO. Gotta think positive. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
How about that S2 finale???

Some cool moments throughout, but I know there will be a good amount of people disappointed that nothing "major" happened. :D

What is everyone thinking?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How about that S2 finale???

Some cool moments throughout, but I know there will be a good amount of people disappointed that nothing "major" happened. :D

What is everyone thinking?
GoT was much more liberal in killing of main characters. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was a little disappointed that it didn't resolve some things in the episode, but it sure sets up a huge start to S3.

Even though there isn't much "action", there is a lot going on and it was one of the best episodes of the season.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Was on vacation until last night. Looking forward to watching the latest episode.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
House of the Dragon producer said "Season 4 will be the last season". They pushed the huge battle into season three and there would be one more very large battle later on. Later on probably means season 4.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
House of the Dragon producer said "Season 4 will be the last season". They pushed the huge battle into season three and there would be one more very large battle later on. Later on probably means season 4.
Will see S02 finale tonight.

So next year (2025), we'll get "GOT: A Knight of the Seven Kingdom" plus "House of the Dragon S03" ! All in the same year? :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Will see S02 finale tonight.

So next year (2025), we'll get "GOT: The Knight of the Seven Kingdom" plus "House of the Dragon S03" ! All in the same year? :D
Knights of the Seven Kingdoms-Yes! House of the Dragon S3-No. Won't be released until 2026.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis