Funk Audio Line Array

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. So that's 12 woofers and 12 ribbon/planar tweeters per speaker?

Are those 10" woofers?

Looks absolutely delicious, especially with dual Funk 18.2 subs.

Many guys (myself included) will be salivating excessively. :D

mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic

Are those 10" woofers?

Nope.

6 inch drivers.

And we can mail you a bib if need be.

It is a custom design build house.

So we guarantee the bib will be audiophile approved and of oxygen free cotton fiber to conduct all the pristine highs.

:D

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic

Are those 10" woofers?

Just one 18.2 sub for now. :p Another sometime later :D in KOA ;) definitely on my list! All I need now is a power plant and 20kw of power and another 20kw for the future 18.2 ;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just one 18.2 sub for now. :p Another sometime later :D in KOA ;) definitely on my list! All I need now is a power plant and 20kw of power and another 20kw for the future 18.2 ;)
May The Force be with you. ;) :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Are those 10" woofers?

You should cancel your T2 order and see if Shane still has the Titus 2 prototypes (speaker on the right) that never went into production in favor for the modular 8T system. If you can figure out a way to ship and move those 400lbs speakers, they just may be your ticket! I heard them during my last visit to their facility and I definitely needed a bib :)

Attachments

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You should cancel your T2 order and see if Shane still has the Titus 2 prototypes (speaker on the right) that never went into production in favor for the modular 8T system. If you can figure out a way to ship and move those 400lbs speakers, they just may be your ticket! I heard them during my last visit to their facility and I definitely needed a bib :)
The Titus 2 looks excessively insane. :eek:

Bibs required for excessive drooling for sure. :D

But I will be very happy with just the five SX-T2/R. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
you could always mount the titus 2 in the ceiling on some proper steel i-joists as atmos speakers...........
r........................................... i ........................................... g ..................................... h ............................................. t

:D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Titus 2 looks excessively insane. :eek:

Bibs required for excessive drooling for sure. :D

But I will be very happy with just the five SX-T2/R. :D
I still have no idea how you're going to pull off a T2 as a center channel and still see your TV :rolleyes:

Also how can you possibly get an immersive experience with just 5 speakers? Dolby want's at least 9 with 4 of them being the 3" paper driver type firing up at the ceiling :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I still have no idea how you're going to pull off a T2 as a center channel and still see your TV :rolleyes:

Also how can you possibly get an immersive experience with just 5 speakers? Dolby want's at least 9 with 4 of them being the 3" paper driver type firing up at the ceiling :)
Gene, you are getting bad at math, he has 9... in each tower...

you want immersion, get a pair of these and a couple butt kickers... 9.1ch Wireless Surround Sound Headphones - All Headphones & Earbuds Sony Store - Sony US

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

I think everyone will give me a hard time for sure on using the 61" tall SX-T2/R as the center speaker when I get the speakers and post some pictures. Both RBH and the dealer have already expressed concerns. :D But I've already experimented using the T2 as a vertical center. And it sounded super awesome as a vertical center. The dialogue was the clearest and most focused I've heard.

Now about the TV. It's a 120" screen. When I watch movies, I LIE down on my lounger (head on pillow), instead of sitting up like everyone else. Yeah, if I'm tired, I just fall asleep. ;) So my screen has ALWAYS been 62" above the carpet even 10 years ago. So the 61" T2 won't change anything as far as the TV.

As far as using more speakers (9+) for ATMOS, all I can say is "Quality over quantity". :D

Actually as imcLoud eluded, RBH could advertise the T2 as ATMOS speakers. Having five T2 would yield a total of 15 tweeters, 20 midrange drivers, and 10 subwoofers. :eek:

So it's like having 15 Speakers "built - in". :D

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think everyone will give me a hard time for sure on using the 61" tall SX-T2/R as the center speaker when I get the speakers and post some pictures. Both RBH and the dealer have already expressed concerns. :D But I've already experimented using the T2 as a vertical center. And it sounded awesome as a vertical center.

As far as using more speakers (9+) for ATMOS, all I can say is "Quality over quantity". :D

Actually as imcLoud eluded, RBH could advertise the T2 as ATMOS speakers. Having five T2 would yield a total of 15 tweeters, 20 midrange drivers, and 10 subwoofers. :eek:

So it's like having 15 Speakers "built - in". :D
turn that center T2 horizontal and move the sub module behind it or to the rear of the room. Upgrade your TV to front projection so you can see more than just speakers in your room!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Why can't you have rbh tune the top speaker for a horizontal positioning and still use it on the base , that should save you some height... Or even better, buy to of the bottom units for the center and hang the top unit in between them... it would be a big upside down U, and have double subs...
But the best bet is to just buy 5 bookshelfs for $750 each and 4 subs for $1500 each and call it a day... It would be under $10K and sound awesome...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I guess we can consider this thread completely hijacked?:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm waiting for my speaker and so are they :D More photos will come though... that and videos ;)
What is the ETA?

Most custom speakers/subs take a long time. I think I waited 6 months for the Linkwitz Orion. I'm already @ about 3 months wait time on my RBH.

But the Funk Line Array looks at lot more time consuming.

So what is the expected wait time from order placement to your house on these Line Array?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis