Funk Audio Line Array

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Hello Audioholics!

I am getting a Line Array Built by Funk Audio

Builder: Nathan Funk

Click here to check out his new website!
Funk Audio - Home

I do not like posting pictures much so here are some videos, they will tell you more about the speaker being built than photos :D
Hopefully you enjoy these Videos, I still can't wait for them!

I will let you guys figure out What Nathan has here :D

Funk Audio Line Array Part 1
[video=youtube;zxtSFx80Bs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtSFx80Bs8[/video]

Funk Audio Line Array Part 2
[video=youtube;ImfWDjyrnhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfWDjyrnhs&list=UUnqy2i5mVNJnQ4ZSsN0e6EQ[/video]

Last edited:
c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Funk Audio Line Array Part 3
[video=youtube;jCLNmdHIFDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLNmdHIFDQ[/video]

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Reserved for future Youtube videos or details for you guys!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Any details on these line-array speakers?

Cost & shipping?
Sensitivity & output?
Dimensions & weight?
On-axis and off-axis frequency response?

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Any details on these line-array speakers?

Cost & shipping?
Sensitivity & output?
Dimensions & weight?
On-axis and off-axis frequency response?
I can certainly fill you in on some of the details :) But not all of it ;)

Cost includes shipping. You can find the price on Nathan's new website here:
Funk Audio Line Array - Funk Audio

Sensitivity and output, I can answer this one later when I find out more details ;) But I can tell one thing for sure. I will never be able to max it out and my poor sub will die trying to keep up.
Well unless one of you are willing to sit in front while I turn it up at a distance. :D For accuracy's sake we will not be using James Griffin's White paper since it would not be 100% accurate.

Dimensions: 85" tall, 15 Wide, 15" Deep
Weight: Still under construction - total weight is unknown

On-Axis and of Axis
Acu.... You know part of the answer to this already from personal experience ;) And you will figure it out later :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can certainly fill you in on some of the details :) But not all of it ;)

Cost includes shipping. You can find the price on Nathan's new website here:
Funk Audio Line Array - Funk Audio

Sensitivity and output, I can answer this one later when I find out more details ;) But I can tell one thing for sure. I will never be able to max it out and my poor sub will die trying to keep up.
Well unless one of you are willing to sit in front while I turn it up at a distance. :D For accuracy's sake we will not be using James Griffin's White paper since it would not be 100% accurate.

Dimensions: 85" tall, 15 Wide, 15" Deep
Weight: Still under construction - total weight is unknown

On-Axis and of Axis
Acu.... You know part of the answer to this already from personal experience ;) And you will figure it out later :)
That is a big speaker for sure.

Is the price $14,250 CD per one speaker or per pair?

mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic
Good questions from Master Andrew.

So if I remembered correctly you really liked the 6.1 from Funk Audio.

Take all the best attributes from that little setup and multiply it 12 fold and you may get an idea of what this line array can pull off.

You get the surface area of two fifteen inch drivers in the woofer side, coupled wit the midrange clarity that a mid sized woofer is known for.

Add to this little ensemble a little dash of super refined power and the ability to tune the system in any given room.

Methinks a match made in heaven no?

The only thing that can kick this systems butt is the venerable 8.7P

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm guessing these won't be going on tour like the 6.1's :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Mr. Moderator,

It comes in a pair. :)
Good questions from Master Andrew.

So if I remembered correctly you really liked the 6.1 from Funk Audio.

Take all the best attributes from that little setup and multiply it 12 fold and you may get an idea of what this line array can pull off.

You get the surface area of two fifteen inch drivers in the woofer side, coupled wit the midrange clarity that a mid sized woofer is known for.

Add to this little ensemble a little dash of super refined power and the ability to tune the system in any given room.

Methinks a match made in heaven no?

The only thing that can kick this systems butt is the venerable 8.7P
12 x the Funk 6.1? Wow. I don't know if I can imagine that. The 6.1 already sounded super.

$14K per pair of these Funk Line Arrays will kick most $28K speakers' butts for sure. :D

I can see this line array speaker kicking serious butts of the likes of $15K Linkwitz Orion, $25K B&W 800D2, $22K Revel Salon2, $25K KEF Blade2, and a lot of other speakers.

I think the reason I liked the RBH SX-T2/R so much is because of the "truncated line array". But this Funk tower is a FULL line array.

Can't wait to see the final product.

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
I'm guessing these won't be going on tour like the 6.1's
Ahhhh....... nooooooooooo.

I don't even think I can pack it up properly by myself let alone some how getting it to the post office even if I wanted to. :D

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Actually the listed price includes shipping within North America.
Pretty sure they were talking about sending the line arrays on a tour of North America, like you did with the 6.1's, where each person has to pay shipping to the next person.

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Pretty sure they were talking about sending the line arrays on a tour of North America, like you did with the 6.1's, where each person has to pay shipping to the next person.
I think he's half awake, seems like he has quite a few projects as well and not just mine.

But while all of you are waiting for the New Videos to come up, here are the Videos from Nathan's YouTube Channel! Almost untouched :D

Funk Audio Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9kwzFU6lxuPk9mPTW5jzrg/videos

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Hey Acu,

I think you might be interested in the making of the Funk Audio Mounting Plate :D

[video=youtube;WfX-4wIKu9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfX-4wIKu9c&list=UUnqy2i5mVNJnQ4ZSsN0e6EQ[/video]

Fixed Link**

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Hey Acu,

I think you might be interested in the making of the Funk Audio Mounting Plate :D

[video=youtube;WfX-4wIKu9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfX-4wIKu9c&list=UUnqy2i5mVNJnQ4ZSsN0e6EQ[/video]

Fixed Link**
That's cool they mounted a camera on the CNC. Looks like it took two passes to fit on that small table. One nice looking chunk of billet aluminum. :)

Gunna be heavy!! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis