D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
I don't keep my receipts, but I do keep my ticket stubs for movies, kind of like concert tickets, that I really liked and then stick them in the DVD case when I buy them. Of note, I saw The Crow on opening night, Friday the 13th...whatever year that was, and I still have the stub. Receipts is going a little far.....
I also keep my cinema tickets as well in photo album.:D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I also keep my cinema tickets as well in photo album.:D
Live concert tickets I can understand (especially for once in a lifetime events like Led Zeppelin.) Doing that with movie tickets, however, is pretty obsessive.:rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I currently have Bad, Thriller, and Dangerous. All three have some great songs on them and great production values as well. There is a reason they were massive hits.
Sure MJ is weird, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great performer. (Besides, I can't imagine anybody growing up the way he did and not turning out weird. He never had a chance to be "normal", whatever that means.:()
Don't let 'em get you down Joe. MJ was the shiznit back then. Anyone that won't admit to liking Michael back in the day, probably isn't all that confident in their manhood. ;) Dangerous had some jams on it. And NOBODY can "F" with Michael's on stage performances. That "dude" puts on a hell of a show!!

That said, I think my first CD was either Michel'le or Love and Rockets. I resisted CD's for the longest time, because I hated how small they were. I loved my nice, big LP's.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Live concert tickets I can understand (especially for once in a lifetime events like Led Zeppelin.) Doing that with movie tickets, however, is pretty obsessive.:rolleyes:
Oh no oh no, the Empire is one off EVENT its kinder like a heavy metal rock concert without the ring ear sensation:D thank you.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Well that explains why you are able to say you saw a movie on Saturday the 17th, 1998 as you often do.
No I don’t recall seeing a film on Saturday the 17th, 1998, not to my memory.:D

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Don't let 'em get you down Joe. MJ was the shiznit back then. Anyone that won't admit to liking Michael back in the day, probably isn't all that confident in their manhood. ;)
LOL...I tend to disagree.

I, and many others thought MJ and his music totally sucked *ss back in the early-mid 80's when it was new material. I guess...it totally depended on what kind of crap music you were into back in that era.

It wasn't until MJ's old stuff became "classic oldies"..........that many former non-fans learned to appreciate & enjoy his 80's classic material.(because the songs reminded them of their youth)

Last edited:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Don't let 'em get you down Joe. MJ was the shiznit back then. Anyone that won't admit to liking Michael back in the day, probably isn't all that confident in their manhood. ;)
What bothers me is that people reject his music because of his lifestyle. If I were going to do that, I would have to stop listening to music by anyone who was such a loser that they died of preventable lifestyle-based causes before the age of 30. Think of how much I would miss out on if I did that! (A lot of what I listen to is by musicians that I would not invite to visit me.:))

B

Buckeye_Nut

What bothers me is that people reject his music because of his lifestyle.
Because he liked to have sex & fondle little boys?

No...c'mon......

Why should that matter?

It's only music for Gods sake!!:rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
LOL...I tend to disagree.

I, and many others thought MJ and his music totally sucked *ss back in the early-mid 80's when it was new material. I guess...it totally depended on what kind of crap music you were into back in that era.

It wasn't until MJ's old stuff became "classic oldies"..........that many former non-fans learned to appreciate & enjoy his 80's classic material.(because the songs reminded them of their youth)
I'm TOTALLY not surprised to find this kind of narrow thinking from you Buckeye. Crap music? Please. I'm probably the most musically diverse person I know. I'll go from Jazz to Heavy Metal to House to Pop to Classical to Rap to Trance in a single afternoon. About the only genre of music I don't like is Country. Now that is crap music!

And since MJ's albums broke nearly every record there ever was, it seems like WAY more people disagree with you than agree, and I thank God for that.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What bothers me is that people reject his music because of his lifestyle. If I were going to do that, I would have to stop listening to music by anyone who was such a loser that they died of preventable lifestyle-based causes before the age of 30. Think of how much I would miss out on if I did that! (A lot of what I listen to is by musicians that I would not invite to visit me.:))
EXACTLY!! If you go by Buckeye's thinking, you shouldn't listen to Mozart, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Stone Temple Pilots, Sublime or any of a host of supremely talented musicians that were deviants or drug addicts.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Give me a break....

My point was the 80s version of MJ sucked rocks long before he was ever outed as a child pedophile. You're acting as if I don't like him because he has sex with kids....but the truth is he sucked long before he was ever exposed as a sexual predator of children.

While it's true that I do like some of his old stuff now, but it's only for the nostalgic factor. Back in the day..... he was a just another douche, and if you were a MJ fan back then....the chances are...you were a little limp wristed.(or a dumb girl)

PS...Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Seinfeld

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

I'm now in my 40's. I was there in the 80's.

MJ was chick music. PERIOD! :mad:

Face it, unless you were some Corey Feldman Wanna-Be who walked around with a white glove on or you were trying to get down some chicks pants, you weren't into MJ.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Face it, unless you were some Corey Feldman Wanna-Be who walked around with a white glove on or you were trying to get down some chicks pants, you weren't into MJ.
Nah, I liked MJ's music back in the 80's. I was a little younger than you, though. I wasn't even a teenager, yet. Now, I'm guessing that you were in High School or college at the time, so yeah - I can understand why you wouldn't like it. My older brothers weren't into MJ. A LOT of people my age liked it, though.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I remember him back then, not my type of music. This is when he had jerry curls and before he dunked himself in a barrel of bleach.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
EVERYONE was into MJ in the "Thriller" days, certainly in the Middle-school set. Damn thing sold, like, 140 Zillion copies, some dudes must have been listening.

My older brother (16ish) bought our vinyl copy of Thriller at the time, and he was/is definitely no girly-man. He's Buckeye's kind of dude, I think.

I still like listening to old Jackson stuff when I hear it, although I don't own any.

Ahhh....the 80's...when Prince was the weird one.

Buckle-meister

Had to take my mom with me cuz I was only 10.
Is this not just superb?! :D :)

What bothers me is that people reject...music because of...lifestyle...Think of how much I would miss out on if I did that! (A lot of what I listen to is by musicians that I would not invite to visit me.)
I totally agree. I'm in exactly the same boat. :)

About the only genre of music I don't like is Country. Now that is crap music!
What?! You mean you don't enjoy listening to songs about how your wife's leaving you for your sister's cousin's father, who also is your brother? :confused:

:D

Buckle-meister

EVERYONE was into MJ in the "Thriller" days...Damn thing sold, like, 140 Zillion copies...
I'm fairly sure it was during the time of Thriller that I was heavily into Def Leppard. I still consider Hysteria to be an excellent album. :cool: If memory serves, it stayed in the US number 2 slot in the album charts, prevented from number 1 only by Thriller.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Thriller released 1982, Pyromania 1983,
Hysteria 1987

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis