Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Where is the bike pic? :cool:
I'm still working on a good wall mount system since we have no garage. We kinda sorta repurposed the "dining area" as a grand entrance way/storage area. Once I get them mounted I'll snap a pic :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New audio rack. All I can say that this thing was a royal pain in the rear end to put together, but the customizability is worth it now that I see it filled up.

Wire management is still an issue, but f*@# me if wiremold and wiremold impersonators aren't expensive. Well, at least it seems expensive when I still need a few more practical things.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I guess they shipped it. :D
Practically overnighted it :D.

It only came from MA or CT so it wasn't far to begin with, but it did arrive in a day, which was pretty sweet. Although they never did respond to my email :mad: :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks nice. I like that Marantz.

The center channel stands, however...yeah, those have got to go. :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks nice. I like that Marantz.

The center channel stands, however...yeah, those have got to go. :p
Hey now, cut me a little slack here. There's a plan, just one that requires a few paychecks to roll in first. I also decided to rarrange the room a little bit to be a able to fit a couple chairs or a love seat in here...........eventually. Funny how this whole money thing keeps getting in the way :rolleyes:

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
Always wanted build a rack like that but was never quite industrious enough to actually do it. It looks great Fuzz. Having the adjustable shelf heights must be extremely convenient and well worth your trouble in the end.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Always wanted build a rack like that but was never quite industrious enough to actually do it. It looks great Fuzz. Having the adjustable shelf heights must be extremely convenient and well worth your trouble in the end.
It definitely was. I was considering the VTI racks, but they really just didn't fit my needs well enough with the fixed height shelves. I'm happy I went with the Salamander rack since building my own isn't possible now that I'm in an apartment, for at least the time being.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
In case afterlife wanders over this way here's a few pics. We ended up only using one of the racks since her bike has a kickstand and it really wasn't worth the effort to make the rack work with her oddly shaped frame. If you're wondering why the island thingy is tipped over, it's because one of the wheels, which was probably damaged in the moving truck, tore itself off from the bottom. I got a few slightly longer screws out of the tool chest and gorilla glued it back together, which hopefully works. If it doesn't, all the wheels are coming off and it will be a permanently stationary stand.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Finally!!! Looks nice man. Are the seats comfy? :) Is the moving company paying for any damage?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Finally!!! Looks nice man. Are the seats comfy? :) Is the moving company paying for any damage?
The seats on the bikes? They're not so bad. She says mine feels like a brick and I hate how squishy hers is, so I guess we both got the right seats of our a$$es :D We didn't use a moving company, just a rental truck. Even if we had gotten the extra insurance we probably would have had to prove there was damage at the time of unloading to get anything.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The seats on the bikes? They're not so bad. She says mine feels like a brick and I hate how squishy hers is, so I guess we both got the right seats of our a$$es :D We didn't use a moving company, just a rental truck. Even if we had gotten the extra insurance we probably would have had to prove there was damage at the time of unloading to get anything.
Yeah, a good seat is just about the top of the priority list on a bike. For me, the softer the better and I also wear padded shorts (but I'm probably riding a little rougher terrain than you). I think good seats (at least anything I would want) start at about $50 and go up from there.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, a good seat is just about the top of the priority list on a bike. For me, the softer the better and I also wear padded shorts (but I'm probably riding a little rougher terrain than you). I think good seats (at least anything I would want) start at about $50 and go up from there.
I've looked at different seats, but haven't ridden enough this summer to justify trying a new seat when I feel that I haven't given the stock seat a fair shake. I think my bike computer says I've only put about 75 miles on it. Hopefully now that things have settled down a little I can back on it before school starts.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh common guys. Rule #61

Rule #61// Like your guns, saddles should be smooth and hard.

Under no circumstances may your saddle have more than 3mm of padding. Special allowances will be made for stage racing when physical pain caused by subcutaneous cysts and the like (“saddle sores”) are present. Under those conditions, up to 5mm of padding will be allowed – it should be noted that this exception is only temporary until the condition has passed or been excised. A hardman would not change their saddle at all but instead cut a hole in it to relieve pressure on the delicate area. It is noted that if Rule #48 and/or Rule #5 is observed then any “padding” is superfluous.7
Any questions refer to Rule #5.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh common guys. Rule #61

Any questions refer to Rule #5.
LOL! While funny, I still call BS on that!

Comfortable seat is the top of the priority list (followed by a good helmet).

I guess I'm just not a hard-core-enough biker :p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Not me. I've been riding for many years (a bit of racing but not much) and while my Mtn. bike has a bit more padding I still like a seat that just fits my sit bones and does not rub my legs. Cannot imagine trying to ride 4 hours on one of those big a$$ gel seats. I think anyone would be surprised how comfortable they really are. The split rail design keeps the blood flowing.

Right now I am using the Terry FLX on all my road bikes before this the sella italia flite was my go to seat.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah got one last week my seat was not too comfy. Got this for 6.50 and it does a good job: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095OK9PI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Might have to get those padded shorts too. Recommend any?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis