Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks.

Interesting link. I'll have to do some of those "maths" to see what kind of brightness I'm getting with almost 1200 hours on this lamp.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New decorations. They're a lot shinier than they appear in the picture.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice! How about new pics of the surrounds? :)
Sure, but honestly I'm not sure anyone would notice the difference except me. They're slightly more forward, a touch wider, and angled in a bit more. I'll try and get some pictures a little later. Things are a mess because of making those adjustments to the entertainment center and moving a lot of stuff around as I figure out a better workshop area for all these darn projects.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Pardon the mess, I'm in a period of flux where many things are moving out and to my GF's delight, almost nothing is coming in.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great, so your couch is not in front of the TV, but the side? Nice Surround pics. :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Man, when that thing blooms, the whole house will smell like spring. I force bloom bulbs and grow them as house plants for some color during the long dark days of winter.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That sounds like a pretty good idea, what do you need to make that happen?

In other news gearing up for a new project

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
That sounds like a pretty good idea, what do you need to make that happen?

Make sure the bulbs have gone through a cooling period, you can buy pre cooled bulbs. Find a nice cool, dork space and leave them for 2-3 months. The bulbs should have the beginnings of roots. Put the bulbs in what ever container you want to grow them in with soil or pebbles in the bottom and put in a sunny/well lit place. Once the bulbs start to get some foliage, add more soil just to the top of the bulb but not covering the foliage. and that's it. Don't over water.
If you have pre cooled bulbs, just drop them in a container with soil or pebbles. I have used coffee mugs, vases, anything cool that would look good in the room.

Also, I would never tell you hot to raise your kids, but hyacinths are toxic to dogs and cats so you may want keep an eye on your guys to make sure they don't snack on the hyacinth.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XzPBUGUM7KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Make sure the bulbs have gone through a cooling period, you can buy pre cooled bulbs. Find a nice cool, dork space and leave them for 2-3 months. The bulbs should have the beginnings of roots. Put the bulbs in what ever container you want to grow them in with soil or pebbles in the bottom and put in a sunny/well lit place. Once the bulbs start to get some foliage, add more soil just to the top of the bulb but not covering the foliage. and that's it. Don't over water.
If you have pre cooled bulbs, just drop them in a container with soil or pebbles. I have used coffee mugs, vases, anything cool that would look good in the room.

Also, I would never tell you hot to raise your kids, but hyacinths are toxic to dogs and cats so you may want keep an eye on your guys to make sure they don't snack on the hyacinth.
Good stuff, I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks man :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I got bored so I thought I'd do a little experiment. I know Walter will love the first picture. Temperature taken at the front heatsink about a quarter of the way down

Ok the picture sucks, but the thermometer reads 103.3.

Now the point of this experiment wasn't to see how hot the amp is. The amp gets really hot, I already knew that. The point was that I lowered the shelf above it a little bit and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't frying the Oppo or melting the shelf. Turns out the fans are doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. Ambient temp is 71.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That my friend is the monstrous Aragon 8008X3 3 channel amplifier. Uses the same boards as the highly regarded Aragon 8008BB, but with a shared torroidal and shared capacitance because it's geared towards HT, while the 8008BB is geared towards two channel with separate power supplies and separate capacitance.

Product Review

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis