Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Finally got around to making some changes to the entertainment center that will make it 100 times easier to make adjustments in the future, or at least that was the plan. In theory I think it'll be great. In practice I guess it's wait and see. Looks a little rough from the back, but hey no one's ever going to look back there except for me. Anybody have any thoughts?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looks good.

One question. I see how it folds down all nice and fancy but, how do the wires exit the back?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks good.

One question. I see how it folds down all nice and fancy but, how do the wires exit the back?
One thing I learned with the sliding panels I had on before was that I hated routing wires through the panels. It made it a huge pain to move the panels and not have their movement restricted by the wires. So this time I left space in between the panels, plus there is about a half inch of space between the panels and the vertical column pieces so wires can be routed out and between the columns fairly easily.

Space in between the panels

Space in between the vertical columns and the new back panels

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You know you have too much crap when it takes you 8 hours to take everything apart, fit three new back panels on and put it all back together. Albeit with quite a few wiring changes and redoing a lot of cable management. On the bright side, I made a couple mistakes, as I always do, but fixing them was 100 times easier thanks to the new back panels. Unfortunately I was a couple extension cables short so only 5 of the 6 fans are currently running not counting the one on top of the onkyo.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's the way to show your stuff off. The lighting Is a plus, just splendid I tell ya, Damn Damn you stop giving me ideas!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's the way to show your stuff off. The lighting Is a plus, just splendid I tell ya, Damn Damn you stop giving me ideas!
Well I actually have a few new things on the way, all decorative in nature though. Should clean up some of that blank space on the walls behind the stand. I gotta say, with those extra fans the stand looks bada$$. I just need to wrangle up some more wiring and get that last fan rockin' and it will pretty sweet.

New project starts next week. I think you're the only one who really checks in so stay tuned :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
TV off, but enough of an angle to beat the reflection. A well-played tease, my man. Well played, indeed.

Oh, and you like blue lights? Want to buy some vintage Emotiva amps? :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha no thanks.

It's off by design. I can't move the couch to the entertainment stand is aligned with that and so is the PJ screen. The TV is on a fully articulating mount so it can just be slid over a few inches when I use it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis