Status
Not open for further replies.
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally, Senior F?cktard has caught COVID. As much as I dislike that bastard, I dont wish death on him. I do wish that he lives through it but barely...having to be put on a ventilator so he finally understands how many people he has caused to go through the same thing during piss poor handling of the crisis. I wonder if he's smart enough to make the link.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And Biden calls himself a devout Catholic.
Trust me, that has a WIDE range of meanings. My wife's family is Catholic so I have an idea. Lots of friends are too.

A lot of them think they can pretty much do whatever they want as long as they go to confession, they're good. That's "devout" to them.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Trust me, that has a WIDE range of meanings. My wife's family is Catholic so I have an idea. Lots of friends are too.

A lot of them think they can pretty much do whatever they want as long as they go to confession, they're good. That's "devout" to them.
I had an aunt who was an extremely nice person- would help anyone in need. Had no use for non-Catholics. I asked if someone who was Christian but not Catholic was OK and she said they weren't. That was a big surprise and I decided there was no use trying to debate that. I later found out what the RC church did through the centuries and that caused me to stop any association with it. Spanish Inquisition? Pope being the leader of government? Hoarding gold, money, artwork and real estate but not paying tax? That's a big nope.

Think of the people who could have been helped if the Catholic Church would sell off it's worldly possessions and abide by the vow of poverty that they force their priests and nuns to follow......

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I had an aunt who was an extremely nice person- would help anyone in need. Had no use for non-Catholics. I asked if someone who was Christian but not Catholic was OK and she said they weren't. That was a big surprise and I decided there was no use trying to debate that. I later found out what the RC church did through the centuries and that caused me to stop any association with it. Spanish Inquisition? Pope being the leader of government? Hoarding gold, money, artwork and real estate but not paying tax? That's a big nope.

Think of the people who could have been helped if the Catholic Church would sell off it's worldly possessions and abide by the vow of poverty that they force their priests and nuns to follow......
Life-long Catholic … agnostic now … here; not by choice but by birth.

At its core, like many religions, the teachings/morals are something to strive for. Sadly though what they preach and what they practice are two different animals. I saw it first-hand, having gone thru RC elementary & high schools.

Back in the late 60’s, early 70’s, you couldn’t get a better liberal/scientific based education in this country. No creationism or any of that crap. We were blessed you might say with the level of intelligence of our teachers; lay, nuns & priests. They knew the bible was just a fanciful story to teach us moral lessons, not the gospel truth. A vast majority of them could’ve easily taught in public schools or colleges and earned two to three times what they made teaching in the RC school system but they made the sacrifice for us, to become better people/citizens.

And then they made the tragic error of getting involved in politics, more so than normal at the behest of Rome/Pope, based on abortion, in the early 80’s, by telling us how to vote from the pulpit. I had become an agnostic by the time I was 14 anyway but I still believed in the core truths of the religion. I continued to go to church to please my parents and my newly minted fresh-faced bride but telling me how to vote, or I would go to hell, was the breaking point.

Like a majority of Catholics nowadays we believe in the core truths but the church itself is divorced from reality and people rarely attend church, outside of getting their children baptized, married and funerals.

My father often said that the biggest mistake the RC church made was not letting nuns/priests marry. Ironically in the early days of the RC church they could get married until the Second Lateran Council, in 1139.

They just have no idea what it’s like to raise a family every day and the tough decisions that come along with it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife's family is Catholic so I have an idea. Lots of friends are too.

Forgiveness needs sin. I'm doing my part.

Don't forget the guilt. That's big with them.
telling me how to vote, or I would go to hell, was the breaking point.
Now it makes sense. This is The Bad Place.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
That's always been the draw my friend of Roman Catholicism; from day one. Otherwise no one would of joined up in the days of a thousand religions.

Sin like a pig ... I'm really giving pigs a bad name, which they don't deserve :D ... for 6 days out of the week and Presto-Chango! ... all is forgiven!

Convenient, huh?
Especially for men in power.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And yes, they do take birth control pills. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
And yes, they do take birth control pills. :)
What's wrong with birth control? The church has no business in telling people not to practice birth control. It doesn't have the responsibility of raising and providing food and clothes to the children whom they don't have. Also, some couples don't want children and some people really don't have ability to raise children.

highfigh

highfigh

Life-long Catholic … agnostic now … here; not by choice but by birth.

At its core, like many religions, the teachings/morals are something to strive for. Sadly though what they preach and what they practice are two different animals. I saw it first-hand, having gone thru RC elementary & high schools.

Back in the late 60’s, early 70’s, you couldn’t get a better liberal/scientific based education in this country. No creationism or any of that crap. We were blessed you might say with the level of intelligence of our teachers; lay, nuns & priests. They knew the bible was just a fanciful story to teach us moral lessons, not the gospel truth. A vast majority of them could’ve easily taught in public schools or colleges and earned two to three times what they made teaching in the RC school system but they made the sacrifice for us, to become better people/citizens.

And then they made the tragic error of getting involved in politics, more so than normal at the behest of Rome/Pope, based on abortion, in the early 80’s, by telling us how to vote from the pulpit. I had become an agnostic by the time I was 14 anyway but I still believed in the core truths of the religion. I continued to go to church to please my parents and my newly minted fresh-faced bride but telling me how to vote, or I would go to hell, was the breaking point.

Like a majority of Catholics nowadays we believe in the core truths but the church itself is divorced from reality and people rarely attend church, outside of getting their children baptized, married and funerals.

My father often said that the biggest mistake the RC church made was not letting nuns/priests marry. Ironically in the early days of the RC church they could get married until the Second Lateran Council, in 1139.

They just have no idea what it’s like to raise a family every day and the tough decisions that come along with it.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I didn't go to parochial school, but those are some of the same reasons I left. Ironically, one of the priests in the parish left, to marry a woman he had counseled when her marriage went South.

highfigh

highfigh

That's always been the draw my friend of Roman Catholicism; from day one. Otherwise no one would of joined up in the days of a thousand religions.

Sin like a pig ... I'm really giving pigs a bad name, which they don't deserve :D ... for 6 days out of the week and Presto-Chango! ... all is forgiven!

Convenient, huh?
Especially for men in power.
I watched a John Stewart show a long time ago and he was talking about religion & the Day Of Atonement occurring once per year. He mentioned frequent confession and ended with "Even in sin, you're paying retail!".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What's wrong with birth control? The church has no business in telling people not to practice birth control. It doesn't have the responsibility of raising and providing food and clothes to the children whom they don't have. Also, some couples don't want children and some people really don't have ability to raise children.
This is what tons of them think.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Tell that to the church. :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Tell that to the church. :D
I know of several incidents that happened many years ago and which were reported to me by my mother, who died at almost 99 in 2005.

First, priests were not doing what they were preaching. Back several years with the RC religion, you were not allowed to eat meat on Fridays, but the priests did eat meat in my parish.
One of my aunts was refused absolution by a priest, because she confessed that she used means for birth control. So she went to another church where she received absolution.
When my father died, over a question of money, I gave a sermon to the parish priest. From then on, I quit practicing and I now consider religions as businesses to make money and manipulate people. As of today, religion leaders shouldn't have authority on anyone. Also, I question the existence of a god like so many intelligent beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis