Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Back on topic, Steve Bannon was arrested today on fraud charges. How long until the number of Trump associates who have been arrested outnumber those who haven't?
Will he get pardoned by Trump, even though he wrote a book critical of Trump?

NYTIMES: Steve Bannon Is Charged With Fraud in We Build the Wall Campaign:

"Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former adviser and an architect of his 2016 general election campaign, was charged on Thursday with defrauding donors to a private fund-raising effort called We Build the Wall, which was intended to bolster one of the president’s signature initiatives: erecting a barrier on the Mexican border.​
...​
Now in custody in New York, Mr. Bannon joins a growing list of Trump associates who have been charged with federal crimes, including Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager; Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser; and Michael D. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s onetime lawyer and fixer.​
..."​

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Will he get pardoned by Trump, even though he write a book critical of Trump?

NYTIMES: Steve Bannon Is Charged With Fraud in We Build the Wall Campaign
Is that not the definition of a Law & Order President...
He Orders that the Laws do not apply based on his whim! :p

I guess it could also mean that he watches A Lot of Law & Order... in which case, I'm grateful that he decided not to call himself an SVU president... though he has probably created a lot of Special Victims in his time! :oops: o_O :p

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Will he get pardoned by Trump, even though he wrote a book critical of Trump?
He gets a pardon only if he offered Trump a cut of his take from the We Build The Wall campaign.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
He gets a pardon only if he offered Trump a cut of his take from the We Build The Wall campaign.
Big Wheel of Fortune up in Washington huh?
Every Presidential administration that holds that office that's the first thing they get to do is Spin the big wheel of fortune for their Little special interest groups so they can start getting White envelopes stuffed with money under the table. Then they Funnel the money Through their special interest group's Presidential library memorial fund. All tax free on top of it with Your Money!!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, I'm in Canada. I don't think Andy is terribly popular at Windsor Castle right now. He probably won't take a chance on visiting the US for a vacation any time soon..
Yeah, be like trying to lockup any one of the Presidents past or present in the United States for corruption. Here in the good ole USA Presidents just get assassinated when The Law won't Apply.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Canadians LOL
@Swerd, I just Forwarded that photo in a text
to a few of my Closest friends. :cool: . Hey don't blame me if two Men in Black show up at your door.:p I have Putin lapdog pic as my Screensaver! lolo. and this one as my home Screensaver.

I really cannot tell who looks like who between the 5 of them. Was gonna say 4 or all 6 if you count the two Bush presidents at the bottom. :) But I see where Trump is Shaking Reagan's hand. Thanks for posting up those pics . So that's who helped Trump get his foot in Politics. Wasn't Reagan a racist also?
Didn't he say on a Phone conversation that Africans don't even wear shoes? or they just walk around Barefoot ?.:cool:
CD1D53CD-D016-4B7A-9D2A-8A173CEF0F8E.gif

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You really think Democrats had nothing to do with that? NAFTA was signed by Clinton.
Was talking more about the business people involved in moving projects offshore. Lots of politicians on both sides (very good people) involved with NAFTA, MFN designation, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Was talking more about the business people involved in moving projects offshore. Lots of politicians on both sides (very good people) involved with NAFTA, MFN designation, etc.
I would be very surprised if many very good manufacturers would say "It's OK, I'll pay higher wages" after finding that they could have things made offshore.

Manufacturers can be very good people- politicians, not so much, IMO.

highfigh

highfigh

Breaking windows is a possibility as well to get in. :)
I'm pretty they;re unbreakable, in case someone decides to so something stupid from the outside or if someone goes bonkers in the office.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Son… fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
Sigh – words from past innocent days.
1598042994790.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would be very surprised if many very good manufacturers would say "It's OK, I'll pay higher wages" after finding that they could have things made offshore.

Manufacturers can be very good people- politicians, not so much, IMO.
Did everyone pile on after a while? Sure. Just at the time it seemed particularly popular for the republicans trying to escape issues with labor, environment, etc. Meh, plenty of manufacturers suck at being responsible, certainly no better than politicians as politics within corporations definitely is a thing (nor are corporations necessarily as efficient business as the anti-government folk would think).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
It's one thing to argue opinions, they're like assholes, everybody has one. But it's entirely another thing to argue facts. Don't go down that road without checking the facts first.

In this case, 3db is right. During WWII, the Russians became the masters of tank warfare. They defeated the Germans with superior tanks, artillery, other weapons, and tactics. In particular, the Russian T-34 tank was superior in quality and quantity. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_World_War_II

Yes, it's true we sent weapons and supplies to Russia. But those tanks and airplanes were small numbers compared to those that were built in Russia. The tanks we sent were light tanks, faster than our heavy tanks. But they were slower than the heavy Russian T-34. The airplanes we sent, mainly P-39s, were rejected for use by the US Army Air Force. It is said, the most useful thing we sent them were 2½ ton trucks. We sent lots of those, and the Russians didn't have anything like them.
Told you the Germans had the best tanks, lolo
BA4AFF92-718B-42D3-A8C9-5469912CA2E9.gif

Russians had these, lol

DF41D812-5FE6-45A9-8FCD-E085543043AB.gif

highfigh

highfigh

Did everyone pile on after a while? Sure. Just at the time it seemed particularly popular for the republicans trying to escape issues with labor, environment, etc. Meh, plenty of manufacturers suck at being responsible, certainly no better than politicians as politics within corporations definitely is a thing (nor are corporations necessarily as efficient business as the anti-government folk would think).
I wrote that manufacturers can be very good people, not that all of them are.

How many companies are willing to 'take one for the team' by failing to be competitive? Compete, or die is life in business and it's absolutely impossible to compete with imported goods when only US-based labor is used. In many cases, US made goods are more expensive than imports, even with freight costs added. If they paid their workers and constantly lose money, how long can they keep the doors open? At some point, it's not about 'being responsible'- it's a matter of keeping the place open. I don't like it either, but that's the reality.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
I would never consider either of these guys "evil".
IMHO, Trump is a sociopath bereft of ideology. Certainly he does things that are evil in nature, but because he thinks/hopes these things will make him a winner, not because he has an evil core!
I see Biden as a mainstream politician with at least some good intent. I consider him a good candidate, but I am not excited about him. Then again, I think we need "calm and steady" and Biden fits!

But my point in saying that I am voting against Trump is to highlight the fact that I see this election much more as a means to get rid of Trump, and I would vote for any of the Democratic Presidential Primary candidates over him.
For me the upcoming election is a referendum on Trump. My enthusiasm is driven not by having Biden as my champion, but by removing Trump from a position where he represents/directs the USA!
Can you elaborate on good intent? Maybe you're referring to the joe biden of old, the one that hadn't completely adopted all of the radical left policies. I could list the stuff he's for and none of its "mainstream".
If youre thinkin that he wouldn't be a yes man for the radical left and china then I have some really awesome polk speakers that I'd like to sell you.
Imo you'd almost have to see djt as evil to vote for a guy with such far left policies. I'd say most of the leftist leaning folk on here WOULD consider him evil, just by the way they talk.

Calm and steady? You mean like old and feeble. It's sad to see someone start slipping mentally which joe is clearly doing. The leaders of our enemies are salivating over his possible election.
Bottom line I wouldn't be excited to vote for him either....

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
The only thing that could fix this type of voting is for better candidates to come forward. Until then, we're just voting for one turd to stay in office or to replace another turd who isn't doing the job needed by the people.
This we can agree on:)
There is common ground to be had, we just have to listen to each other with an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis