Fewer jobs … More machines

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. Plumbing here isn't that way at all. There are so many companies to choose from, I could have 3 people at my door in an hour.

My brother in law is a plumber and he makes quite a bit more than $37/hr and isn't even a master. More like $50 (with commission/OT). Oh, he's also 30 and dropped out of high school. Smart as hell, but hated school. He's been a plumber for 10 years or so.
The problem is not finding a plumber, it's finding a 'good' plumber around here. Sometimes it feels like they just pulled these guys off the street or a back alley and gave them a wrench.

There's an overall lack of craftsmanship and pride in their work. A bath wouldn't hurt either. :D

I literally had a boss once physically cut 350 some phone lines/trunks/circuits on an install, at the beginning of my apprenticeship at RCA, and made me start all over again because it wasn't up to his standards on how it should be done ... sergeant in the Marines in Korea ... so it could be easily traced and for future expansion or troubleshooting. He was right and my feelings weren't hurt.

Like my dad he told me to take pride in your work and sign it in the corner of the distribution panel, like an artist.

Last edited:
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
you get it... now ... who's got the balls to fix it?
Not sure, but we could really use a modern iteration of Theodore Roosevelt. I have no idea who that is.

We have open primaries here, so I cast my unregistered independent interloper vote for Yang, for both his pragmatic perspective and policy takes and to support a non-DNC creature to truck with the DNC's stranglehold on the party, which proved futile. By the time I got home from dropping off my ballot I heard the news that he dropped out.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Truck. That's way less humorous than Lord Helmet. Who programmed the censorship software anyway?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The problem is not finding a plumber, it's finding a 'good' plumber around here. Sometimes it feels like they just pulled these guys off the street or a back alley and gave them a wrench.

There's an overall lack of craftsmanship and pride in their work. A bath wouldn't hurt either. :D

I literally had a boss once physically cut 350 some phone lines/trunks/circuits on an install, at the beginning of my apprenticeship at RCA, and made me start all over again because it wasn't up to his standards on how it should be done ... sergeant in the Marines in Korea ... so it could be easily traced for future expansion or troubleshooting. He was right and my feelings weren't hurt.

Like my dad he told me to take pride in your work and sign it in the corner of the distribution panel, like an artist.
Ah. That's honestly any job. Doctor, lawyer, plumber, electrician, contractor, mechanic, etc. The list goes on. There are so many skilled fields that people just kind of flake their way through it. That's the main reason I try to educate myself on this stuff so I don't get scammed and so I can recognize good work.

My brother in law is the same way. If his low level guys don't do things to his standards, they get to start again. They get pissy, but he just tells them "if you don't want to do it again, you should have done it right the first time". He has to clean up other people's work all the time. Same with me when I did home theater installs. I was only called in to fix stuff that had broken. Not fun, but I was the only one that could do it. Same with my IT career. I seem to be the only one that's seen certain things so I'm the only one that can fix them.

Now that I'm on the sales side I talk to tons of potential customers and am never surprised at how little they know about things they should. It's literally their job, but they somehow have no clue. I think training isn't what it used to be seeing as how often I find people that have jobs, but just suck at them.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Truck. That's way less humorous than Lord Helmet. Who programmed the censorship software anyway?
Who gave the order, cash along with the requirements to make said software? Put the blame where it belongs.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Not sure, but we could really use a modern iteration of Theodore Roosevelt. I have no idea who that is.

We have open primaries here, so I cast my unregistered independent interloper vote for Yang, for both his pragmatic perspective and policy takes and to support a non-DNC creature to truck with the DNC's stranglehold on the party, which proved futile. By the time I got home from dropping off my ballot I heard the news that he dropped out.
i like Yang... Bernie is the father of the movement though... he cast the dye

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
debt is the greatest organized scam in banking history... anybody remember when banks had to give us interest in savings so they could loan out money at a slightly higher rate? .. in comes the credit card companies (banks).. end of need ... thanks congress

It's very, very long time this was the case, long before you where born in any case.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
i like Yang... Bernie is the father of the movement though... he cast the dye
How is the weather in Russia? With the large difference in time zone do you get any benefits, apart from not being summarily executed, along with your family?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I realize boomers were raised to hate the USSR, but why is anybody who does not believe in whoring themselves out for the sake of a buck always called a Russian? Americans once rallied behind the little guy. Now, if the little guy speaks up he gets beaten with a stick. Russia might be a mess, but so is the USA. I don't think many Russians appreciate being call Soviets any more than Germans appreciate being called Nazis. Sometimes, you gotta' put up with a f#%ked up regime and hope the rest of the world doesn't hold it against you for generations. You CAN have a social safety net and an educated and productive populace. But, that means nothing to greedy assholes who think too much is not enough and want us all to go back to the ol' Master and Slave routine. Greedy assholes ruin nations and you hope that when change comes you go down the right path. France went down one path after their revolution. Russia went down another and it didn't really work out so well. Germany was on it's ass and went with a loud mouthed asshole with an ax to grind with everybody. It worked for some, not so much for many others. If we keep going down this path, things will get far worse before they ever get any better and we'll be long gone before the up turn.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Seriously, we could totally get it together as a nation and world and I would still be pissed off about my neighbors. One has too many cars on their property and another has too many f#%kin' cats!:mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, Dumb isn't exactly the worst thing to be labeled, so thanks?.:p

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... Consider the stat he cites where 31% of the workforce in the U.S. alone in 1910 was in agriculture, and now account for less than 1% ... a very sobering stat. And so is stat that 48% of the economy in the US is low-paying service industry jobs.
Wonder what the real numbers the 31% and 1% represent since the workforce is so much larger today. ;) :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I don't think they include the illegals in that 1% for agriculture. Otherwise, that number would be bigger.:p

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I realize boomers were raised to hate the USSR, but why is anybody who does not believe in whoring themselves out for the sake of a buck always called a Russian? Americans once rallied behind the little guy. Now, if the little guy speaks up he gets beaten with a stick. Russia might be a mess, but so is the USA. I don't think many Russians appreciate being call Soviets any more than Germans appreciate being called Nazis. Sometimes, you gotta' put up with a f#%ked up regime and hope the rest of the world doesn't hold it against you for generations. You CAN have a social safety net and an educated and productive populace. But, that means nothing to greedy assholes who think too much is not enough and want us all to go back to the ol' Master and Slave routine. Greedy assholes ruin nations and you hope that when change comes you go down the right path. France went down one path after their revolution. Russia went down another and it didn't really work out so well. Germany was on it's ass and went with a loud mouthed asshole with an ax to grind with everybody. It worked for some, not so much for many others. If we keep going down this path, things will get far worse before they ever get any better and we'll be long gone before the up turn.
thank you...i hate having the label put on me because i support people rather than worshiping money (i.e. "the"American dream").... the above troll obviously doesn't accept the fact that the US is now no longer "no.1" in anything but accepting misinformation as fact and bad political, healthcare and economic outcomes for those not either lucky, corrupt , or squirted from the proper vagina... let's see we're #28 as i recall in longevity(nice healthcare system).. and we have an ever expanding wealth inequality (great economics) and trump as our leader (cough , dictator , cough),,, i think Russia has something we might not.. an actual competent leader.. by all accounts he kinda owns ours.. putin might be a corrupt pile of doo doo but he sure is good at screwin with the good ole usa...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
It's very, very long time this was the case, long before you where born in any case.
complete nonsense .. i had a savings account that paid 5% when i was a kid...what are you 12?.. you lecture people with a self assurance that you an authority in what i am talking about .. i can assure you that based on your response you aren't... banks paid out nice interest through the 1970's , right up till they paid congress to deregulate the industry to the point they could offer up credit cards with loan shark level interest in the Reagan era..

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
complete nonsense .. i had a savings account that paid 5% when i was a kid...what are you 12?.. you lecture people with a self assurance that you an authority in what i am talking about .. i can assure you that based on your response you aren't... banks paid out nice interest through the 1970's , right up till they paid congress to deregulate the industry to the point they could offer up credit cards with loan shark level interest in the Reagan era..
You wrote "anybody remember when banks had to give us interest in savings so they could loan out money at a slightly higher rate".

That is not the case, but people still thinks that for a bank to give a loan of $100 they to have a deposit of $100.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
He was talking about 5% earned on deposits as opposed to the less than 1% earned on them today. Banks play with your money and pay you s#%t. If you dare borrow any of their money, they charge you an arm and a f#%kin' leg. Loan sharking is now legal. They just call it "Hard Money." They can call it whatever they want, they are still crooks. Our government reps are whores. They intimidate us like the f#%kin' Nazis and shake us down like the f#%kin' mob. But, as they say, "The Market will bear it." Just a clever way of saying "We got em' by the balls."

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
You wrote "anybody remember when banks had to give us interest in savings so they could loan out money at a slightly higher rate".

That is not the case, but people still thinks that for a bank to give a loan of $100 they to have a deposit of $100.
what are you talking about? your quoting some kind of economic theory .. i'm talking about the era when banks had to pay interest on deposits to savings accounts to generate income to loan money at a slightly higher rate.. along comes the Reagan era , congress passes deregulation that allowed banks to charge very high interest on credit cards , thus allowing the abandonment of interest bearing accounts with little to no risk that actually paid a decent rate of return..so for about the last 30 years the average guy has very limited access to small investment dividend...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis