Favorite Holiday Music?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
For all of you adiophiles, an track by Mannheim Steamroller is demo quality.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
To me the choirs of the cathedrals and chapels of the UK define Christmas, especially the choir of Kings College Cambridge.

The Festival of Nine Lessons goes out to the world at 3:00 PM GMT every Christmas Eve. So that is 9:00 AM central time.

It starts with a solo boy soprano intoning Once in Royal David's City.

The tradition is that the Director of music, currently Stephen Cleobury, has three boys in mind. None of the boys know who will be picked so all have to be ready. Stephen Cleobury says he makes his final choice at the last moment. As soon as the BBC on air light shines, then he points to the boy who will begin the service. So the boy in a split second has to sing to the world. The service being received by pretty much every nation on Earth these days, and sent out in the US from Minnesota Public Radio over the Public Radio network. The host of the broadcast fir the US is Michael Barone.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My wife always starts the xmas decorations the day after thanksgiving so we've been setting everything up and it didnt take long for our new cat to fall in love with the tree. :)

View attachment 26825

Also, another fantastic christmas song.

Yep carol of the bells is one of my favorite Christmas songs. And this is a good rendition.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Carol of the Bells is my favorite as well. Found this and like this rendition:

This is very good as well! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Oscar Peterson Let it Snow (which is what it's doing right now

)

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Seasonal if not really just Christmas but a terrific CD, Sting If on a Winter's Night

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
And of course this one, courtesy of the best Christmas movie of all time, DIE HARD!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Barbara Streisands "Have your self a merry little Christmas" is very nice if you like vocals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis