Favorite Holiday Music?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I just love Christmas music. So, I thought why not have a dedicated thread for members to post some of their favorites. Just for fun I will start out with several of mine. Anyone can post some of their favorites if they wish to do so. Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My all time favorite.

Drunk that is a really good one. Bing Crosby has a very unique voice. My Mom really likes him as well. On the way to lunch today, I heard this one on the radio:

This was one of my Mom's favorites. Have an aunt that merely worships Elvis. She has so many of his records. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Hope your Thanksgiving is going well. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My intent w/this thread is to get people more into the mood for the upcoming holidays. It appears it is not too popular right now. Perhaps, as we get closer to Christmas that may very well change. If not, that is okay as I will continue to post some more of my favorite Christmas music. Growing up my family loved Christmas carols and for that I make no apologies. :) Furthermore, it is my hope that each and everyone of you have a most joyous holiday season.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
My intent w/this thread is to get people more into the mood for the upcoming holidays. It appears it is not too popular right now. Perhaps, as we get closer to Christmas that may very well change. If not, that is okay as I will continue to post some more of my favorite Christmas music. Growing up my family loved Christmas carols and for that I make no apologies. :) Furthermore, it is my hope that each and everyone of you have a most joyous holiday season.

Cheers,

Phil
Not to worry Phil. As we get closer to Christmas, I'm sure everyone will be playing more holiday music. I've started by playing more classical music in that vein, but here's a disc I have on deck as soon as the holiday becomes a reality:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Not to worry Phil. As we get closer to Christmas, I'm sure everyone will be playing more holiday music. I've started by playing more classical music in that vein, but here's a disc I have on deck as soon as the holiday becomes a reality:
Oh I love Karen Carpenter's voice. This one is certainly a good one. It is very sad she was gone way too soon. Thanks for sharing! :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
My wife always starts the xmas decorations the day after thanksgiving so we've been setting everything up and it didnt take long for our new cat to fall in love with the tree. :)

imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

Also, another fantastic christmas song.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My wife always starts the xmas decorations the day after thanksgiving so we've been setting everything up and it didnt take long for our new cat to fall in love with the tree. :)

View attachment 26825

Also, another fantastic christmas song.

Carol of The Bells is one of my favorites! Excellent choice! Cute kittie! :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Never thought of this as a Christmas song before, but damn his voice is just lovely.

The video here is a little goofy, but I love this song:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Never thought of this as a Christmas song before, but damn his voice is just lovely.

The video here is a little goofy, but I love this song:
Very nice. Excellent selections. BTW, you have an impressive list of gear there. Lucky you. Congrats! :)

Cheers,

Phil

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Very nice. Excellent selections. BTW, you have an impressive list of gear there. Lucky you. Congrats! :)

Cheers,

Phil
I got very lucky with an amazing wife who happens to love music, so that worked out for the gear.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I got very lucky with an amazing wife who happens to love music, so that worked out for the gear.
Awesome sauce bro! I have been married (2) times and neither wife understood my passion for this hobby. Honestly, that has a lot to do w/why they are my "ex"-wives. Decided that marriage is not for me. I do have a sweetheart and we keep things separate. I agree you are very lucky. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Holy smokes! Just have to add this one! :p

Your welcome! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Absolutely amazing! Superb! :)

Now on the field! Notice the boots! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Awesome sauce bro! I have been married (2) times and neither wife understood my passion for this hobby. Honestly, that has a lot to do w/why they are my "ex"-wives. Decided that marriage is not for me. I do have a sweetheart and we keep things separate. I agree you are very lucky. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Don’t get me wrong - im not saying she understands the level of passion, but she enjoys music and decides instead of fighting that battle, she’ll just store up the points for something later!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Same with my wife, shes out getting her nails done as we speak. As long as she gets to do things like that I get to be in charge of the electronics budget. (which is most of what I make lol)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@tmurnin AND @Drunkpenguin I can fully relate. You guys are lucky that you have a wife that is more accommodating. Mine, were not so much. I am sure there are other members here that have very understanding wives. But, I like going solo and I spend my money how I want. Just lately, don't have much to spend. However, I am also reducing my debt. Like many in this hobby, my spending on all things audio can get out of hand rather quickly. Such is the life for anyone serious about this hobby. Have a great day guys. Got (2) dinners to go to.

Cheers,

Phil

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The only Christmas song I care about:

Not true, but it never gets old!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis